FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Krug Alert! On sale @ MIA D30 Admirals Club... and others? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/2030931-krug-alert-sale-mia-d30-admirals-club-others.html)

VibeGuy Mar 7, 2021 11:08 pm

Sure, but it’s also markedly cheaper than BevMo or K&L sell it for.

I mean, I’m more a grower Champagne kind of guy, but I’ll settle for discount Krug.

ryanbriar Mar 19, 2021 9:29 am

DFW D and B are Cleaned Out

None left at D this morning, and grabbed the last two at B.
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...05f0eb38c.jpeg

platbrownguy Mar 19, 2021 11:42 am

Originally Posted by ryanbriar (Post 33112125)
None left at D this morning, and grabbed the last two at B.
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...05f0eb38c.jpeg

I have 2 hours at DFW on Monday. Maybe I'll check A or C.

perigord Mar 19, 2021 6:05 pm

PHX A Club does not have Krug. Barkeep looked at me like I was speaking Greek when I asked. Cheers to those who are able to enjoy, and with glass flutes!
Understand there is no flagship lounge in PHX but it’s where I’m presently traveling through.

cmd320 Mar 19, 2021 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by perigord (Post 33113177)
PHX A Club does not have Krug. Barkeep looked at me like I was speaking Greek when I asked. Cheers to those who are able to enjoy, and with glass flutes!
Understand there is no flagship lounge in PHX but it’s where I’m presently traveling through.

There wouldn’t be Krug in PHX at all. This was from FFD which PHX never has nor will have.

jcatman Mar 19, 2021 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by platbrownguy (Post 33112407)
I have 2 hours at DFW on Monday. Maybe I'll check A or C.

I enjoyed a 1/2 bottle at DFW C Terminal last weekend, and purchased an additional bottle to place in my carryon. Bartender told me those were the last two.

But, hey.......visit C and report back. Maybe there was more in central storage. :p

Sandy Hopper Mar 20, 2021 2:27 pm

I’m at D. They called A. DFW is out of Krug.

WanderingGent Mar 20, 2021 3:46 pm

Sounds like it's just down to JFK now (which, as of this past Monday, still had bottles).

FlyerBeek Mar 20, 2021 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by jcatman (Post 33113413)
I enjoyed a 1/2 bottle at DFW C Terminal last weekend, and purchased an additional bottle to place in my carryon...

Well done! They wouldn't let me take an unopened bottle to go the last two times I asked in MIA!

Originally Posted by Sandy Hopper (Post 33114651)
I’m at D. They called A. DFW is out of Krug.

Oh dear! DFW connections have been so amazing the last 4+ months. Don't know how I'll survive them without Krug!

-FlyerBeek

DMPHL Mar 20, 2021 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by WanderingGent (Post 33114812)
Sounds like it's just down to JFK now (which, as of this past Monday, still had bottles).

I wonder how long it will take for the JFK supply to be cleared, given the relatively few flights passing through.

platbrownguy Mar 22, 2021 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by Sandy Hopper (Post 33114651)
DFW is out of Krug.

indeed a gloomy day here at DFW without Krug. My next trips are PWM and MSY... it's gonna take a heck of an IROPS to let me route either of those through JFK...

JALOO5-Flyer Mar 22, 2021 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by jcatman (Post 33113413)
purchased an additional bottle to place in my carryon

Wow, I didn't know it's even possible to purchase a bottle to take out of the club! Did it take a bit of talking or they just allowed it?

jcatman Mar 22, 2021 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by DMPHL (Post 33114893)
I wonder how long it will take for the JFK supply to be cleared, given the relatively few flights passing through.

Less than a couple of weeks, now that platbrownguy is back from Puerto Rico. :p

platbrownguy Mar 22, 2021 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by JALOO5-Flyer (Post 33119346)
Wow, I didn't know it's even possible to purchase a bottle to take out of the club! Did it take a bit of talking or they just allowed it?

The managers at LAX and MIA made clear to me that it was definitely against the rules and that at least one employee had gotten in trouble for handing over a bottle unopened. That was back in December. Perhaps things became more relaxed at some point. (There was some noise upthread about whether in fact these clubs have a license that permits selling closed alcohol, and someone here claimed that they did. Maybe that went somewhere. Who knows.)

Originally Posted by jcatman (Post 33119372)
Less than a couple of weeks, now that platbrownguy is back from Puerto Rico. :p

Sounds like a manageable goal! Now to figure out where, if anywhere, AA actually flies from JFK... seems like maybe you can't get there from here! :confused:

jcatman Mar 23, 2021 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by JALOO5-Flyer (Post 33119346)

Bartender offered, I initially said no thank you. She persisted. I surrendered. :p