Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: All About AA Flagship Check-In at JFK, LAX, MIA, ORD (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: All About AA Flagship Check-In at JFK, LAX, MIA, ORD (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2018, 5:44 pm

Programs: AA CK, DL SM, UA PS, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium , Hyatt Globalist, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by donotblink

No, you’d need to be executive platinum or higher (or traveling in F)
Thanks!
Old Nov 14, 2018, 9:24 am

Any rumors or updates on a DFW flagship check-in? If it's being tied to the Flagship lounge opening next year, seems bizarre that they'd need these to be run in parallel.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 10:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Why is LAX FS Checkin so hidden? There are no signs for it to the left of priority checkin counters.....who do you have to approach for this? JFK and ORD are much more clearly marked.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Why is LAX FS Checkin so hidden? There are no signs for it to the left of priority checkin counters.....who do you have to approach for this? JFK and ORD are much more clearly marked.
It's actually easy to get to. If you are taking a car service or getting a ride, follow the signs to terminal 5. As soon as you approach the terminal you are at the point where terminal 4 and 5 connect. Hop out and walk 30 seconds toward terminal 4 and you are at the check-in. The entrance is at the end of terminal 4.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 3:18 pm
sgh
Suspended

Programs: AA 2 MM, AA Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
I will be traveling on Qatar Airways Business Class in March 2019 from MIA to Doha to Mumbai. I am an AA Platinum and will be on a AA miles award ticket on Qatar Business Class. Does anyone know what lounge will I have access to in Miami? Is it the Concourse E Admirals Club? or is it another lounge ? Also as a AA Plat traveling in Business Class on Qatar Airways to Asia (Mumbai is in Asia) will I have access to the MIA Flagship Lounge? Thanks.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sgh
I will be traveling on Qatar Airways Business Class in March 2019 from MIA to Doha to Mumbai. I am an AA Platinum and will be on a AA miles award ticket on Qatar Business Class. Does anyone know what lounge will I have access to in Miami? Is it the Concourse E Admirals Club? or is it another lounge ? Also as a AA Plat traveling in Business Class on Qatar Airways to Asia (Mumbai is in Asia) will I have access to the MIA Flagship Lounge? Thanks.
The answer is in the Wiki, no you will not have access to Flagship Lounge or FSD, that is only reserved for AA operated flights you should access to AC and another lounge that QATAR has in MIA.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 3:59 pm
sgh
Suspended

Programs: AA 2 MM, AA Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
The answer is in the Wiki, no you will not have access to Flagship Lounge or FSD, that is only reserved for AA operated flights you should access to AC and another lounge that QATAR has in MIA.
@FlightNurse

I believe you are wrong. Please get rid of the attitude when replying to a post, particularly when you are so blatantly wrong. Also in my original post I asked about access to FL not to Flagship Dining. Please read the post to which you are responding before actually posting a response.

I am pasting from the wiki :" Flights must be marketed and operated by American or a oneworld® airline. " Please note that FL is not "only reserved for AA operated flights." It also is available when flying on a one world airline operated flight. Your snarky comment about , "The answer is in the wiki, no you will not have access to Flagship Lounge" is absolutely shown to be incorrect by the wiki statement that I have referenced above.

I am also pasting below from the AA website. It clearly states international flight marketed by American or a oneworld airline. Last I checked, Qatar Airways was still a OneWorld Airline. My only question regarding FL access was whether AA considers a flight to Mumbai as a valid flight to Asia

."Get access if you’re traveling in First or Business on a qualifying international or transcontinental flight marketed and operated by American or a oneworld® airline.*
Qualifying international flights

Flights between the U.S. and:

• Asia
  • Australia
  • Central America
  • Europe
  • Mexico City (MEX)
  • New Zealand
  • South America"

Last edited by sgh; Nov 17, 2018 at 9:04 am Reason: addition
Old Nov 16, 2018, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by sgh
Yes you will have access to FL. Enjoy.

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Simply wrong. OP will have FL access. Not Flagship First Dining, but 100% will have access to FL.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 7:57 pm

Programs: CX DM/OWE, Marriott Titanium, Avis Preferred, National EE
Thanks for the info. It was wierd that I was denied access on my last flight where i was transiting from a HKG - LAX (premium econ on CX) to LAX to DCA (first) (same status on CX)
Old Nov 22, 2018, 10:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by brodielayne
It's actually easy to get to. If you are taking a car service or getting a ride, follow the signs to terminal 5. As soon as you approach the terminal you are at the point where terminal 4 and 5 connect. Hop out and walk 30 seconds toward terminal 4 and you are at the check-in. The entrance is at the end of terminal 4.
thanks for the detailed information. Will be useful for us in February.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 2:15 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Has Flagship check in now altered ?

MIA to ORD first (business)
ORD to LHR first on BA

Used it in JFK when connecting from BA to AA

Hopefully flagship lounge has not changed in policy and we can still use that in MIA.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Has Flagship check in now altered ?

MIA to ORD first (business)
ORD to LHR first on BA

Used it in JFK when connecting from BA to AA

Hopefully flagship lounge has not changed in policy and we can still use that in MIA.
Yes, Flagship check-in changed. (A while ago now). From the website...
  1. You can use Flagship® First Check-In if you’re flying on American in Flagship® First on a qualifying international or transcontinental flight.
  2. AA EXP - You can use Flagship® First Check-In if you’re flying on qualifying international flights operated by American (regardless of cabin).
  3. CK - You can use Flagship® First Check-In if you’re flying on any flight operated by American (regardless of cabin).
  4. OWE (excluding AA EXP) - You can use Flagship® First Check-In if you’re flying on any flight operated by American (regardless of cabin)
  5. 5 Star - Get access when Five Star ServiceSM is purchased.
Flagship Lounge access is the same - In general terms, same day international flight, or international flight the next day before 6am. And OWE - flying any AA flight, including domestic.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Global321
Flagship Lounge access is the same - In general terms, same day international flight, or international flight the next day before 6am. And OWE - flying any AA flight, including domestic.
And OWS for the lounge.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 6:31 pm

Programs: DL Plat 1MM, AA EXP 3MM, SQ Krisflyer Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTT, HH Gold
AA Flagship Check-in

I could have sworn I had seen a question like that, but of course didn't find it when looking for it.

Tomorrow I am flying MIA-ATL (AA - J) then ATL-DOH (QR - J) on AA ticket stock. I am fairly certain that since the international flight is not operated by AA, I am not entitled to use FlagShip Check in - or am I wrong?

I am EXP - not CK.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by flying_geek
I could have sworn I had seen a question like that, but of course didn't find it when looking for it.

Tomorrow I am flying MIA-ATL (AA - J) then ATL-DOH (QR - J) on AA ticket stock. I am fairly certain that since the international flight is not operated by AA, I am not entitled to use FlagShip Check in - or am I wrong?

I am EXP - not CK.
You are correct that the flight needs to be operated by AA for Flagship First check-in. You could always give it a shot...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.