Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: All About AA Flagship Check-In at JFK, LAX, MIA, ORD (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: All About AA Flagship Check-In at JFK, LAX, MIA, ORD (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2018, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by mciAVgeek
Can we use AA Flagship check-in in T3 if booked in first on BA from Chicago to Heathrow? Ticket was booked via BA, too. Then, we’d clear security at T3 and take transfer bus to T5.
Non-AA first no longer qualifies.

In fact, I think they’ve shut down all non-AA operated usage with the revised rules.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 12:42 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by mciAVgeek
Can we use AA Flagship check-in in T3 if booked in first on BA from Chicago to Heathrow? Ticket was booked via BA, too. Then, we’d clear security at T3 and take transfer bus to T5.
I’m afraid not. As indicated in the Wikipost at the top of the page, you must be flying on a qualifying flight operated by American Airlines (as well as qualify by class of service or oneworld status).
Old Jul 29, 2018, 9:13 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by JDiver
I’m afraid not. As indicated in the Wikipost at the top of the page, you must be flying on a qualifying flight operated by American Airlines (as well as qualify by class of service or oneworld status).
I've gotten thru at JFK when flying AY simply by telling the dragon "Finnair Emerald", and I get thru, then I get whisked thru security.

Works only if you already have bags checked and bp.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 9:38 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador; Hyatt Globalist; AA EXP; UA 1K
Sorry this might've been asked before, buy am I eligible to use the flagship check-in at ORD if I'm flying ORD-LAX-HKG in J? The second leg is on CX metal.
I flew the same route last year with LAX-HKG on AA, had no problem using the flagship check-in. Not sure with a OW operating carrier.

To make it more complicated, I have my AA FFN on ORD-LAX and AS FFN on LAX-HKG. Also wondering if I'll be able to use the QF F lounge at LAX.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 10:31 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Originally Posted by UltraSean
Sorry this might've been asked before, buy am I eligible to use the flagship check-in at ORD if I'm flying ORD-LAX-HKG in J? The second leg is on CX metal.
I flew the same route last year with LAX-HKG on AA, had no problem using the flagship check-in. Not sure with a OW operating carrier.

To make it more complicated, I have my AA FFN on ORD-LAX and AS FFN on LAX-HKG. Also wondering if I'll be able to use the QF F lounge at LAX.
For Flagship Check-in, no, you do not have access as your international flight has to be on AA metal. https://www.aa.com/i18n/plan-travel/...t-check-in.jsp

As EXP (presuming this based on your profile) you have access to the QF F lounge (regardless of cabin flown). You also have access to the AA Flagship Lounge which is really nice, as well. Depending on how much time you have, I'd check out both of them.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 10:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
As an EXP flying international on AA Metal at ORD can I bring a guest with me for flagship check in? She's on my flight but not an EXP or in Business.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 12:34 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by chitink
As an EXP flying international on AA Metal at ORD can I bring a guest with me for flagship check in? She's on my flight but not an EXP or in Business.
It should work,

There is conflicting information about guests, but usually they seem to be allowed in.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 3:56 pm

deleted

Last edited by Global321; Sep 27, 2018 at 5:07 pm Reason: (deleted) Answered wrong question
Old Sep 27, 2018, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Global321
No ambiguity. As an EXP, 100% you can bring a guest.

Qualifying AAdvantage® Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro and Platinum

"Guest access
1 guest (children over 2
count as a guest)"
That is for access to the Flagship Lounge. The wording for check in merely says "You can use Flagship® First Check-In if you’re flying on qualifying international flights operated by American (regardless of cabin)." In practice they seem to allow a guest, at least if on the same PNR.
Old Sep 27, 2018, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by MADPhil
That is for access to the Flagship Lounge. The wording for check in merely says "You can use Flagship® First Check-In if you’re flying on qualifying international flights operated by American (regardless of cabin)." In practice they seem to allow a guest, at least if on the same PNR.
You are correct. Sorry all!
(deleted my post as it was not relevant.)
Old Nov 2, 2018, 12:29 am

Programs: CX DM/OWE, Marriott Titanium, Avis Preferred, National EE
Hey all

So I am a One World Emerald (through Cathay Pacific, Diamond). I will be flying HKG-LAX in Premium Econ and transiting at LAX to a domestic flight in Econ. From what I understand I will be granted access to Flagship Checkin at LAX through my OWE, but am unsure if I am able to bring one guest in (girlfriend who is on the same PNR). I have searched around and it seems like the answer is yes (since we are on the same PNR). Can anyone clarify this?

thanks
Old Nov 2, 2018, 3:57 am

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
American Airlines AAdvantage Executive Platinum customers traveling solely on North American itineraries do not qualify for Flagship® First Check-In access.
Apologies if this has been answered already in this thread - but what defines an 'itinerary' in this context?

I am flying LHR-LAX-(overnight)-MFR. I know that I don't get lounge access since my next morning flight is after 6am (even though it is the first available flight), but my itinerary is clearly international (in layman's terms) but in terms of the rules for Flagship First Check-in, is 'itinerary' my future itinerary, or my complete itinerary?

Thanks for any advice - it feels like the answer should be obvious, but one learns on here that it so often isn't quite as obvious as you would expect!
Old Nov 2, 2018, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by randomeejit
Hey all

So I am a One World Emerald (through Cathay Pacific, Diamond). I will be flying HKG-LAX in Premium Econ and transiting at LAX to a domestic flight in Econ. From what I understand I will be granted access to Flagship Checkin at LAX through my OWE, but am unsure if I am able to bring one guest in (girlfriend who is on the same PNR). I have searched around and it seems like the answer is yes (since we are on the same PNR). Can anyone clarify this?

thanks
Yes, both you and your gf on the same PNR can use Flagship Checkin.

(In practice, some people who have access to Flagship check-in have reported bringing a +1 who is not on the same PNR and they get checked in as well. YMMV on that as per the rules it is not allowed.)
Old Nov 4, 2018, 5:41 pm

Programs: AA CK, DL SM, UA PS, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium , Hyatt Globalist, Global Entry, CLEAR
As an AA plat travelling from LAX to PEK in J, will I be able to use FCI? I know I will have FL access.

Thanks!
Old Nov 4, 2018, 5:42 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by jhalapin
As an AA plat travelling from LAX to PEK in J, will I be able to use FCI? I now I will have FL access.

Thanks!
No, you’d need to be executive platinum or higher (or traveling in F)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.