Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: All About AA Flagship Check-In at JFK, LAX, MIA, ORD (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: All About AA Flagship Check-In at JFK, LAX, MIA, ORD (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2019, 12:14 pm

If I arrive JFK in transatlantic F but depart in Y (same ticket), am I eligible for Flagship First Check-in? Not OWE unfortunately.

Shuly
Old Dec 20, 2019, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by shuly
If I arrive JFK in transatlantic F but depart in Y (same ticket), am I eligible for Flagship First Check-in? Not OWE unfortunately.

Shuly
If arriving in F on AA metal, then yes, you are eligible. Just let them know at the entrance.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 12:30 pm

Thank you!

Shuly
Old Dec 23, 2019, 9:39 am

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
turned away from flagship first at LAX, exec plat flying J on JAL NRT->LAX and connecting on AA from LAX->JFK (had to check in duty-free liquor). I was under the impression that flying the connecting flight would give me access - am i mistaken? If so, wish i pushed back harder since holiday travel tsa-precheck was a pain
Old Dec 23, 2019, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by StatusChallenged
turned away from flagship first at LAX, exec plat flying J on JAL NRT->LAX and connecting on AA from LAX->JFK (had to check in duty-free liquor). I was under the impression that flying the connecting flight would give me access - am i mistaken? If so, wish i pushed back harder since holiday travel tsa-precheck was a pain
JAL J does not get you in, it must be AA flight.

LAX-JFK works if you are in First. Otherwise, the agent was correct.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 12:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by StatusChallenged
Originally Posted by Global321
JAL J does not get you in, it must be AA flight.

LAX-JFK works if you are in First. Otherwise, the agent was correct.
Actually I'm not sure of that, or the rules are just too convoluted. Correct that the JL flight by itself doesn't qualify, but it's part of an international itinerary with an AA connecting flight (LAX-JFK) and the text says:

"oneworld® EmeraldSM Expand
You can use Flagship® First Check-In if you’re flying on any flight operated by American (regardless of cabin).*

*American Airlines AAdvantage Executive Platinum customers traveling solely on North American itineraries do not qualify for Flagship® First Check-In access. North America is defined as the United States (including Hawaii and Alaska), Canada, Mexico (except MEX), Bermuda, the Bahamas and the Caribbean."

I mean one has access to the FL and the Qantas First Lounge at LAX with these qualifications.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Actually I'm not sure of that, or the rules are just too convoluted. Correct that the JL flight by itself doesn't qualify, but it's part of an international itinerary with an AA connecting flight (LAX-JFK) and the text says:

You can use Flagship® First Check-In if you’re flying on any flight operated by American (regardless of cabin).*

*American Airlines AAdvantage Executive Platinum customers traveling solely on North American itineraries do not qualify for Flagship® First Check-In access. North America is defined as the United States (including Hawaii and Alaska), Canada, Mexico (except MEX), Bermuda, the Bahamas and the Caribbean."

I mean one has access to the FL and the Qantas First Lounge at LAX with these qualifications.
I believe the next line covers it...

You can use Flagship® First Check-In if you’re flying on qualifying international flights operated by American (regardless of cabin).

Qualifying international flights

Flights between the U.S. and:

• Asia
  • Australia
  • Central America
  • Europe
  • Mexico City (MEX)
  • New Zealand
  • South America

And FL is open to all Business and FC passengers. (The Qantas lounge due to Emerald status.)
Old Dec 23, 2019, 3:03 pm

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by teemuflyer

These rules are all too convoluted (and they are often different for J passengers than hey are for Exec Plats than they are Emeralds), but, yes an Exec Plat on an International itinerary should be able to use First Check-in when connecting to an AA flight in any cabin.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 7:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by SeattleDavid
These rules are all too convoluted (and they are often different for J passengers than hey are for Exec Plats than they are Emeralds), but, yes an Exec Plat on an International itinerary should be able to use First Check-in when connecting to an AA flight in any cabin.
The rules are convoluted, but I do not think that is correct. The same reason (aside from AA agents not being able to check CX/AY/IB/LA passengers in) departing passengers on other OW airlines cannot use Flagship First Check In. Access is not for first/business class passengers or OW elites on any OW. It is for passengers on qualifying itineraries operated by American Airlines. The qualifying flight must be operated by AA. Connecting from a non-AA airline to AA for a domestic segment does not make it a qualifying itinerary.

Moderator note: see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...a-ord-rev.html (link) for the current thread.

Last edited by JDiver; May 15, 2021 at 5:10 pm Reason: Add moderator note

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.