Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: All About AA Flagship Check-In at JFK, LAX, MIA, ORD (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: All About AA Flagship Check-In at JFK, LAX, MIA, ORD (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2019, 7:07 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DMPHL
I hear you, but having to bring up the access rules on the AA website in a scenario where you are flying F to HKG is absurd. While I'll maintain that agents guarding the check-in area should know all the rules, this isn't like I was a QF Plat (OWE) being denied access flying LAX-LAS. Saying access is only for Concierge Key would be like a Flagship Lounge agent saying access is only for passengers flying to JFK. It is such a radical lack of understanding of the most basic and obvious access rules.
It seems to be a systemwide issue. I had to argue with the agent guarding the entrance to the ORD Flagship Check In two months ago. She kept asking if I was "Key".
Old Nov 2, 2019, 5:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by DMPHL
I hear you, but having to bring up the access rules on the AA website in a scenario where you are flying F to HKG is absurd. While I'll maintain that agents guarding the check-in area should know all the rules, this isn't like I was a QF Plat (OWE) being denied access flying LAX-LAS. Saying access is only for Concierge Key would be like a Flagship Lounge agent saying access is only for passengers flying to JFK. It is such a radical lack of understanding of the most basic and obvious access rules.
So a quick update. I sent an email to one of the Managing Directors at the LAX hub.

I mentioned that I fly through LAX hub a lot, mostly to/from JFK in J or F, and a couple times a year to HKG in F. I noted—and I really meant this—that the staff in LAX have always been great to me, and that the team in the Flagship Lounge, especially, have been helpful and informative and kind, and thanked her for it.

I noted that the inconsistency of the Flagship First Check-In access policy application was not so great, and that it's happened a number of times to me and others I've talked to personally.

She responded very promptly and kindly to thank me for my note, to say she's glad the team at LAX have been overall meeting my (and her) expectations, and apologized for the experience I noted a few posts above.

She said she would forward the note to the Manager for Premium Services at LAX so they could figure out where the breakdown was and make sure that the policy is re-communicated.

So definitely a good response from someone closer to the ground. I think—I hope—it helps to send a polite note to someone who is in more of a position directly to affect the application of the policy. I appreciated the response, in either case.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
It seems to be a systemwide issue. I had to argue with the agent guarding the entrance to the ORD Flagship Check In two months ago. She kept asking if I was "Key".
There is the slight difference that there are no AA flights from ORD with Flagship First, so agents there may be even less aware of non-CK access.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingEgghead
There is the slight difference that there are no AA flights from ORD with Flagship First, so agents there may be even less aware of non-CK access.
I haven't used it since February but as a BA Gold on a domestic flight I had no trouble, though a bit of education was required. I think part of the problem is the list of travelers that day who are known to be eligible blinds them to the possibility of there being eligible travelers who are not on the list.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 4:33 am

Programs: PL LY, PL CO , Gold HH
Hi

I tried to search but didn't find the answer to my question
I am flying Flagship from SFO to JFK and then FlagShip from JFK to LHR
do I need to pass security again at terminal 8 because of the international flight?

Thanks
LiorM
Old Nov 5, 2019, 4:41 am

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by LiorM
Hi

do I need to pass security again at terminal 8 because of the international flight?

Thanks
LiorM
No. As you’re flying American domestic and connecting onwards to an American flight in the same terminal at JFK, you won’t have to unless you leave the terminal.

On your return you will after completing customs/immigration formalities.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 1:23 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by LiorM
Hi

Thanks
LiorM
Please make sure that you are connecting to an AA operated flight - If you are on a codeshare AA flight that was on BA - then you will need to transfer terminals (8 to 7) and reclear. If you are on an AA operated flight - you will stay in Terminal 8 but may have to move between concourses - but not re-clear security.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 2:30 pm

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by JIMBOLIGUY
Please make sure that you are connecting to an AA operated flight - If you are on a codeshare AA flight that was on BA - then you will need to transfer terminals (8 to 7) and reclear. If you are on an AA operated flight - you will stay in Terminal 8 but may have to move between concourses - but not re-clear security.
Good point -

I inferred an AA to AA since the OP used "FlagShip from JFK to LHR" and that marketing typically implies American rather than a more generic first/business class.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 3:50 am

Programs: PL LY, PL CO , Gold HH
Originally Posted by JIMBOLIGUY
Thanks
I am coming with Flagship from SFO to Jfk
and continue with Flagship to LHR.
(Flagship is not a code share)

thanks
lior
Old Nov 11, 2019, 10:41 am

Is the LAX-MIA flagship flight now over? Or did they extend?
Old Nov 11, 2019, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by off2rome
Is the LAX-MIA flagship flight now over? Or did they extend?
Looking online, still available through January 1st.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by Global321
Looking online, still available through January 1st.
bummer- i am looking at a February flight
Old Nov 25, 2019, 2:48 pm

Programs: Virtuoso TA; SELECT TA; BAEC Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond; IHG Plantinum Amb
Just as a data point - was travelling JFK-LAX in business as a BA gold / OWE today (connecting from LHR-JFK op by BA).

Our names were handwritten on the list of eligible passengers for the day at the entrance to flagship check in at JFK T8, so very easy process.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by lewincg
Just as a data point - was travelling JFK-LAX in business as a BA gold / OWE today (connecting from LHR-JFK op by BA).

Our names were handwritten on the list of eligible passengers for the day at the entrance to flagship check in at JFK T8, so very easy process.
Yes, that is the rule for OWE.

You can use Flagship® First Check-In if you’re flying on any flight operated by American (regardless of cabin).
Old Nov 25, 2019, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Global321
Yes, that is the rule for OWE.

You can use Flagship® First Check-In if you’re flying on any flight operated by American (regardless of cabin).
But they have never had my name on the list - perhaps things are improving. I have still been admitted but sometimes some education is required.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.