Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

GUIDE: AA Flagship Check-In at JFK, LAX, LHR, MIA, ORD (rev)

GUIDE: AA Flagship Check-In at JFK, LAX, LHR, MIA, ORD (rev)

Hide Wikipost
Old Mar 25, 22, 8:51 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: JDiver
Wiki Link
GUIDE to Flagship® First Check-In - Who, When, Where

Flagship First Check-in locations and policies as of May 2021 (link):

What is Flagship Check-in? (From previous AA description)

"Let our Flagship® Check-In service help you start your journey on the right foot. This exclusive service offers customers a private check-in experience, including:
  • [Customer service representatives who can personally assist with your individual travel requirements - from check-in and baggage check to seat or itinerary changes as well as dedicated self-service kiosks
  • An expedited security line, offering you premium access through security checkpoints" (does not include TSA PreCheck unless you’re qualified)

Where You'll Find It - Airport, Location

Chicago O'Hare International Airport (ORD): Near the First Class Check-In at Checkpoint 8 on upper level of Terminal 3

London Heathrow Airport (LHR): Terminal 5, zone J, look for signage. (Previously Terminal 3, Zone D, shared space with British Airways. Look for signage. (as of 27 Nov 2019; access rules now the same as all other Flagship First Check-in facilities.)

Los Angeles International Airport (LAX): Curbside entrance, exclusive to Flagship Check-In customers, in Terminal 4, just east of American Priority.

Miami International Airport (MIA): Look for designated signage in Concourse D of the North Terminal

New York John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK): Departure level closest to the AirTrain access and look for a sign right outside the entrance

These offer kiosk and personal services, and expedited TSA security access.

Wikipost may be edited or updated by members with 90 days and 90 posts; wiki may be printed using the icon (lower right corner).

For previous posts, please see: ARCHIVE: All About AA Flagship Check-In at JFK, LAX, MIA, ORD (master thread) — link

Print Wikipost

Old Oct 17, 17, 12:32 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Flagship First Check-in rev. May 2021

Flagship First Check-in locations and policies as of May 2021 (link):

Old Jan 3, 20, 6:11 pm

Had a silly situation today in MIA where I tried to use flagship checkin for my family of four (all on same pnr) and was firmly told that I could bring just one guest. Clearly logic did not prevail here.
Antarius likes this.
Old Jan 4, 20, 4:04 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by OldNewYorker View Post
Had a silly situation today in MIA where I tried to use flagship checkin for my family of four (all on same pnr) and was firmly told that I could bring just one guest. Clearly logic did not prevail here.
I get the frustration, but the logic follows explicitly from the published rules.
Old Jan 4, 20, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA- EXP UA - Silver SPG- PLT Marriott- PLT
Glad they turned you away. Really sick of people bringing their entire families with them to the lounges, etc. during the holiday. The FL in Miami was zoo yesterday kids running around everywhere. Not the experience I want.
GlobalMatt likes this.
Old Jan 4, 20, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA "mid tier" elite | Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by chicagoflyer1976 View Post
Glad they turned you away. Really sick of people bringing their entire families with them to the lounges, etc. during the holiday. The FL in Miami was zoo yesterday kids running around everywhere. Not the experience I want.
And this is relevant to flagship check in how?

I agree that the +1 rule for lounge access makes sense and should be enforced. But why on earth would this apply to check in. If everyone is on the same PNR/together, then they would check in together.
Old Jan 5, 20, 1:42 pm

To make you feel better, lounge access wasn’t an issue. We all got in. It was just the flagship checkin.
Old Jan 5, 20, 4:37 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac King of Coffee, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by chicagoflyer1976 View Post
Originally Posted by Antarius View Post
And this is relevant to flagship check in how?

I agree that the +1 rule for lounge access makes sense and should be enforced. But why on earth would this apply to check in. If everyone is on the same PNR/together, then they would check in together.
What if the families in the FL are all on F/J tickets, or paid AC members in the AC? Letting an elite with more than +1 is a different story.

Not allowing a family to check in together is silly however.
knit-in and Antarius like this.
Old Jan 24, 20, 3:02 pm

LAX-SFO-JFK (LAX-SFO domestic first, SFO-JFK flagship first) with 2-hr layover at SFO.

Can I use flagship check-in at LAX?
Old Jan 25, 20, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc View Post
LAX-SFO-JFK (LAX-SFO domestic first, SFO-JFK flagship first) with 2-hr layover at SFO.

Can I use flagship check-in at LAX?
Yes, although you should fully expect the agent guarding FF Check-In to not know that. Just tell him/her that you are flying First Class to JFK.
Old Jan 27, 20, 3:16 pm

Programs: SK*D+Finnair Platinum +BA Gold + KLM Silver+amex centurion+HH Diamond + IHG Platinum
Flagship check in at MIA with BA Emerald

Hi,

Flying Miami to Las Vegas, Can I use it as a BA Emerald member? Flying coach on a 2 class aircraft!
Old Jan 27, 20, 3:22 pm

Programs: SK*D+Finnair Platinum +BA Gold + KLM Silver+amex centurion+HH Diamond + IHG Platinum
Flagship check in at MIA with BA Emerald

Hi,

Flying Miami to Las Vegas on AA, Can I use it as a BA Emerald member? Flying coach on a 2 class aircraft!
Old Jan 27, 20, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by Rogue1Trader View Post
Hi,

Flying Miami to Las Vegas, Can I use it as a BA Emerald member? Flying coach on a 2 class aircraft!
Yes, although, as above, be prepared to have to tell the agent that you are entitled to access as an Emerald through BA, and be ready with the access requirements pulled up on your phone.

Fortunately, unlike the inconsistency in agents' knowledge of access rules at Flagship Check-in, you'll be admitted to the Flagship Lounge without question and without hassle.
Old Jan 27, 20, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by DMPHL View Post
Yes, although, as above, be prepared to have to tell the agent that you are entitled to access as an Emerald through BA, and be ready with the access requirements pulled up on your phone.

Fortunately, unlike the inconsistency in agents' knowledge of access rules at Flagship Check-in, you'll be admitted to the Flagship Lounge without question and without hassle.

thanks for the anwser!
Old Jan 27, 20, 5:18 pm

thanks for the anwser!
Old Jan 27, 20, 9:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold SPG GLD HH GLD Hyatt GLB

I never have issues when I show them my card or the BA app on my phone.
DMPHL likes this.

Search this Thread