Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: All About AA Flagship Check-In at JFK, LAX, MIA, ORD (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: All About AA Flagship Check-In at JFK, LAX, MIA, ORD (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2017, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by porsche534
Anyone tried to use Flagship Check-In at ORD for a flight departing terminal 5? Flying CX F on an AA ticket later this week. Can I check in at terminal 3, use the Flagship Lounge and then take the tram to terminal 5 closer to flight time?
I don't see how you can use FCI starting an itinerary with a non-AA flight.

Assuming you are starting at ORD, you will need to check-in at CX in terminal 5. (Cathay recently joined pre-check, so you should be able to use that in terminal 5 if it is available and you have it.)

After you have your BP I don't see why you couldn't take the train to Terminal 3 and go through security there, if your goal is to use the FL and pre-check. You could also go through security at terminal 5 and take the bus to terminal 3 and back, avoiding double security.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 4:31 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Anyone tried to use Flagship Check-In at ORD for a flight departing terminal 5? Flying CX F on an AA ticket later this week. Can I check in at terminal 3, use the Flagship Lounge and then take the tram to terminal 5 closer to flight time?
I did this in March. They were really confused, but I got through
Old Nov 27, 2017, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by United747
I did this in March. They were really confused, but I got through
Just to be clear, AA checked you in and printed you CX BP on an ITN that did not include any AA flights?
Old Nov 27, 2017, 5:40 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Global321
Just to be clear, AA checked you in and printed you CX BP on an ITN that did not include any AA flights?
No, I had mobile BP from CX. Should have made that clear
Old Nov 27, 2017, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by United747
No, I had mobile BP from CX. Should have made that clear
Thanks for clarifying.

porsche534 sounds like maybe you can if you have your mobile bp. Maybe without. If you try, please report back the results.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 4:43 pm

Programs: AS GOLD
How does it work for LAX-MIA where there is no more 3 class aircraft. Will 1st class be allowed to use the check in ?
Old Dec 3, 2017, 9:29 pm

Anyone tried doing this at JFK to cut the PreCheck line, now that AA and CX are both in T8? Since CX F gets access to Flagship Dining maybe they might as well get access to Flagship Check-in?
Old Jan 6, 2018, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Never used this service, but just looking for clarification for 2 upcoming scenarios (both as EXP).

Arriving on an AY marketed, BA metal flight to JFK from LHR, continuing on to AUS on AA. My understanding is that I would not have access to Flagship Check-in, just normal F/Priority.

Arriving from HKG to LAX on an AA marketed and operated flight, connecting to AUS on AA. I would have access after clearing CBP.
Still trying to get an answer to this one. This time I'll be arriving on a BA marketed and operated flight to LAX from LHR, then connecting to an AA flight to AUS. I don't think I would have access to the Flagship Check-In, even as an EXP, since my Int'l flight is not an AA flight, correct?
Old Jan 6, 2018, 4:37 pm

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by mcdullhk88
Anyone tried doing this at JFK to cut the PreCheck line, now that AA and CX are both in T8? Since CX F gets access to Flagship Dining maybe they might as well get access to Flagship Check-in?
Have to be AA-operated. So no Flagship check-in for CX-operated flights. AA can't check in CX's system.

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Still trying to get an answer to this one. This time I'll be arriving on a BA marketed and operated flight to LAX from LHR, then connecting to an AA flight to AUS. I don't think I would have access to the Flagship Check-In, even as an EXP, since my Int'l flight is not an AA flight, correct?
By AA's rules, I think you are right. But..if you have enough time left for TBIT QF lounges, why not try it out
Old Jan 6, 2018, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by mcdullhk88
I suppose you could try. I am not sure if AA can check you in without an AA flight. On connecting CX flights, such as in MIA, if you are connecting to CX first via AA flight, you can use Flagship check-in and they do print you CX BPs. But, I think the key is the first flight is AA. (I have never tried a direct check-in at NYC/LAX/etc.)

Moderator note: see https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...a-ord-rev.html (link) for the current thread.

Last edited by JDiver; May 15, 2021 at 5:10 pm Reason: Add moderator note
Old Jan 7, 2018, 10:08 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Surely it's buried somewhere in the previous 50 pages of this thread, but allow me the question nevertheless: for a departure from MIA, does the Flagship check-in area lead to a dedicated security lane or a shortcut to security check (like in JFK)? Or is Flagship check-in just a set of dedicated counters in the middle of all others, and for security Flagship pax just join the "normal" (priority? TSAPre?) queue and stand in line behind other non-Flagship passengers?

Since I'll be arriving at the airport with no luggage to check and a boarding pass on my phone, is there any point in passing by the Flagship check-in area?

Thank you.

Last edited by San Gottardo; Jan 7, 2018 at 10:56 am
Old Jan 7, 2018, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Surely it's buried somewhere in the previous 50 pages of this thread, but allow me the question nevertheless: for a departure from MIA, does the Flagship check-in area lead to a dedicated security lane or a shortcut to security check (like in JFK)? Or is Flagship check-in just a set of dedicated counters in the middle of all others, and for security Flagship pax just join the "normal" (priority? TSAPre?) queue and stand in line behind other non-Flagship passengers?

Since I'll be arriving at the airport with no luggage to check and a boarding pass on my phone, is there any point in passing by the Flagship check-in area?

Thank you.
No it is not a separate security. They walk you to the front of the Pre-check line (or priority line if you don't have PC.)
Old Jan 7, 2018, 3:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
Originally Posted by San Gottardo

Thank you.
You will shortcut the line at Miami, is advise to use the Flagship Check-in if the PreCheck line is long, otherwise go directly to PreCheck line at Checkpoint #2 .
Old Jan 7, 2018, 6:45 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Thank you very much fedechat and Globa321! Very useful information, just what I was looking for. ^
Old Jan 7, 2018, 10:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP
The wiki and aa.com state that EXPs can using Flagship check in on eligible international flights. I'm assuming I can use this when flying LAX-MIA-EZE even though my first flight is domestic, right?

I'm not sure if I'm reading too much into the verbiage saying "flights" instead of "itineraries".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.