Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Dallas DFW “D” Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge, Flagship First Dining

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2019, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Dallas - Ft. Worth International Airport - DFW Terminal “D”

Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge and Flagship First Dining

OPEN NOW 16 May 2019

LOCATION: Terminal D (International Terminal), Departures floor, between Gates D23 and D24.

See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...er-thread.html for discussion of the American Airlines Admirals Club lounges in other terminals.

Link to DFW AA lounge information.

Link to one world DFW lounge directory and access information

Terminal D temporary Premium Lounge near Gate 34 is now CLOSED.

ACCESS:

Admirals Club: Admirals Club members, oneworld Sapphire and AAdvantage Platinum, Platinum Pro or higher status members, oneworld Sapphire or Emerald flyers*

Flagship Lounge (oneworld Emeralds, Sapphires and those traveling in oneworld First or AA or oneworld First or Business*

Flagship First Dining: AA and BA international three class Flagship First passengers only. This not a oneworld lounge: there is no admission by status, lounge membership for other than Concierge Key members with passes.

*American Airlines Airlines AAdvantage members, regardless of their tier status or class of travel, are not eligble for lounge access when travelling solely on North American flights within or between the U.S, Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Carribean. For more information, visit http://aa.com/i18n/travelInformation...miralsClub.jsp

Extensive photos at Andy’s Travel Blog link

Admirals Club report by Craig at Middle Age Miles linkhttps://www.middleagemiles.com/2019/...admirals-club/

Courtesy of Middle Age Miles

Link to the archived thread discussing the closure of the Terminal D Admirals Club and interim Flagship Dining facility on 7 April 2018.

Link to the archived thread discussing the opening of the interim “Premium Lounge” serving oneworld Emeralds and Sapphires, passengers flying First or Business on qualifying international flights, affected by the closure of the Terminal D Admirals Club and interim Flagship Dining facility on 7 April 2018.

Print Wikipost

Dallas DFW “D” Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge, Flagship First Dining

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2019, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
I hate to pile on, but this FL really is lagging well behind the others. Today, in my brief visit, I witnessed: periods where there were no wine glasses available; multiple requests to have the charcuterie refilled that were met with confusion, since one of the options (mortadella -- which apparently no one wants) was left; frozen cupcakes served; no WSJ available at 6pm on Saturday, when those papers are supposed to last through Sunday; periods where there were no open bottles of certain wines; and periods where there were no forks available. I'm really shocked that they haven't been able to address these issues. We can argue about the food selection, and then the quality of that selection, but it seems to me that these issues should never be occurring.
brewdog11 likes this.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 8:57 am

Programs: Choice Hotels
I visited the flagship lounge from 5:50 AM to 7:30 AM on 9/26 in DFW. The food offering for breakfast was solid, with dishes encompassing classic American, European continental, southern American, Latin, and Japanese tastes. I suppose exactly what would be appropriate based on the location and destinations. There were no issues with any items being out of stock, and there was a high staff/pax ratio. Granted, the lounge was not busy during my visit. The view sitting by the windows was great, and it was relaxing. My only complaint is the music; It reminds me of music in a hotel lobby...in 1998.
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by AjFlyer
Posts above are pre-August. Rules changed on August 1. No airport restaurants for Amex-obtained Priority Pass cardholders.
https://thepointsguy.com/news/no-pri...r-all-members/

I have CSR, not AMEX. Only issue is my next flight I have to check luggage (FLL) with AA so I think I have to get dropped off at terminal with at AA checkin thus bigger walk if I want the free frood.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 8:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jmsnyc
I have CSR, not AMEX. Only issue is my next flight I have to check luggage (FLL) with AA so I think I have to get dropped off at terminal with at AA checkin thus bigger walk if I want the free frood.
Be aware they have a breakfast menu so if you are there early, can’t order from the lunch menu. Burned me the only time I bothered to walk over.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 9:28 pm

Finally had an opportunity for a side by side comparison last week and FL was solidly better than Centurion. Waaaay less crowded (couldn’t actually find seating for 2 at cent, had to use one of those booth cubby things), better food and snacks, better view, better drinks overall.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by HofstraJet
Be aware they have a breakfast menu so if you are there early, can’t order from the lunch menu. Burned me the only time I bothered to walk over.
Thanks. Did my MBA at Hofstra
Old Oct 2, 2019, 11:20 am

A brief review on the DFW FL based on spending about three and a half hours there on Sept 12th:
- As others have mentioned, there are weird execution issues, like constantly running out of forks and not replacing empty liquor bottles. I was there long enough that I saw one liquor bottle that a patron had left on the counter to indicate that it was empty and an employee had restored the empty bottle to the shelf. I arrived just as the omelet station was being disassembled and the cook said they were going to start doing stir fries but they never did.
- The bathrooms with the fancy toilets were nice, as were the showers
- The booze selection was good, with some interesting options that I took a splash of just to try, like a hot pepper vodka and a pretty good mezcal
- The food was just okay, and the selection wasn't really all that great. The garlic mushrooms were good, but everything else was unexceptional. There was a raw bok choy salad that was objectively terrible that was basically just huge chunks of raw bok choy and tofu that was alleged to be dressed but I could not tell that it was. Raw bok choy is not the first thing I think of when making a list of what to feed people before putting them in a poorly ventilated confined space with several hundred other people.
- The only other FL I have visited was the MIA one (about a year ago) and the food was far and away better there, Lamb chops for lunch at MIA, dry looking pasta with dry chicken breast at DFW.

Last edited by Check; Oct 2, 2019 at 11:46 am
Old Oct 2, 2019, 11:38 am

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by Check
A brief review on the DFW FL based on spending about three and a half hours there on Sept 12th:
- As others have mentioned, there are weird execution issues, like constantly running out of forks and not replacing empty liquor bottles. I was there long enough that I saw one liquor bottle that a patron had left on the counter to indicate that it was empty and an employee had restored it to the shelf. I arrived just as the omelet station was being disassembled and the cook said they were going to start doing stir fries but they never did.
- The bathrooms with the fancy toilets were nice, as were the showers
- The booze selection was good, with some interesting options that I took a splash of just to try, like a hot pepper vodka and a pretty good mezcal
- The food was just okay, and the selection wasn't really all that great. The garlic mushrooms were good, but everything else was unexceptional. There was a raw bok choy salad that was objectively terrible that was basically just huge chunks of raw bok choy and tofu that was alleged to be dressed but I could not tell that it was. Raw bok choy is not the first thing I think of when making a list of what to feed people before putting them in a poorly ventilated confined space with several hundred other people.
- The only other FL I have visited was the MIA one (about a year ago) and the food was far and away better there, Lamb chops for lunch at MIA, dry looking pasta with dry chicken breast at DFW.
This closely mirrors my personal experience at the DFW FL; there is a quasi-supervisor somewhat present but for whatever reason food/beverage doesn't seem to be their chief focus.

The MIA FL, perhaps due to volume, seems to have the most attention when it comes to cycling food/beverage items and utensils out of the five legit FLs (JK, ORD, DFW, MIA, LAX) although I would say that LAX's FL isn't far behind.
asnovici likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 8:44 am

Anyone know the hours of DFW Flagship First Dining?
Old Oct 14, 2019, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by jrb CO
Anyone know the hours of DFW Flagship First Dining?
I believe it's 8 am to 10 pm.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 1:46 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stopped by last Wednesday from 8:30 to 10. I was a little upset to note that the staff at the front desk were not very friendly or helpful. A gentleman in front of me was inquiring about upgrades and the desk agent was extremely rude and unhelpful to him

I recently had an issue in ORD when garbage was not being collected, I was glad to see it wasn't an issue here

Food options were decent for breakfast. I enjoyed the smoked salmon

Interestingly, of the three FLs I've been to in the last month (DFW, LAX, ORD), this has the best alcohol selection. They had a Balvenie 12 year along with Glenlivet and some other brands with higher tiers than the standard upper shelves.
tfizzle likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 5:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
I can't believe how bad the food and service at the DFW D FL has become. Tonight, the exhibition station is "pad thai". They are making it with regular white rice...which they ran out of. Before that, they were insisting on making double batches that they split between guests (not traveling together) so it had to have the same ingredients for each person. The 2 hot "meat" entrees tonight are tasteless flounder, and chicken. The chicken is indistinguishable from what you would get in J on a domestic flight...small, dry, flavorless. The charcuterie sat empty for a while, and when it was finally replenished, it had mortadella, low quality salami, and some cured ham that has replaced the real prosciutto they used to have. The sushi trays both have the same item, an all vegetable offering. I hope this is not a sign of things to come at the other FLs.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 9:46 pm

Programs: AA CK, DL GM, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH DIA
Yeah, I was there yesterday afternoon and this morning, and it was pretty garbage. In fact, yesterday I went to Amex bc the food was much better. There was nothing that looked remotely appetizing.

Agree on the charcuterie. The booze is still decent, but the wine also sucks.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 2:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, mid-tier with pretty much everyone else
Visited FFD two weeks ago for a blog article (we were on a trip that otherwise wouldn't have qualified), a few pics are below and the entire review is at the following link (the link is a blog to which I regularly contribute and from which I benefit financially): https://andystravelblog.boardingarea...dining-review/

MorganB, econometrics and tfizzle like this.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 7:16 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
In The Dallas Morning News:
American Airlines bringing swankier food to first class, flagship lounges with James Beard partnership

American Airlines is trying to up its food offerings to frequent and premier flyers on overseas flights and at Flagship Lounges, including at DFW International Airport.

Fort Worth-based American Airlines said it is bringing in dishes such as artichoke ravioli, spinach and ricotta rotolo pasta and mushroom bolognese created by Sarah Grueneberg, who’s chef and owner at Chicago’s Monteverde Restaurant and Pastificio as well as a former contestant on reality cooking show Top Chef.

The new menu comes as American Airlines starts a partnership with the James Beard Foundation, which annually gives the highest awards in the U.S. culinary world.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.