Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Dallas DFW “D” Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge, Flagship First Dining

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2019, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Dallas - Ft. Worth International Airport - DFW Terminal “D”

Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge and Flagship First Dining

OPEN NOW 16 May 2019

LOCATION: Terminal D (International Terminal), Departures floor, between Gates D23 and D24.

See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...er-thread.html for discussion of the American Airlines Admirals Club lounges in other terminals.

Link to DFW AA lounge information.

Link to one world DFW lounge directory and access information

Terminal D temporary Premium Lounge near Gate 34 is now CLOSED.

ACCESS:

Admirals Club: Admirals Club members, oneworld Sapphire and AAdvantage Platinum, Platinum Pro or higher status members, oneworld Sapphire or Emerald flyers*

Flagship Lounge (oneworld Emeralds, Sapphires and those traveling in oneworld First or AA or oneworld First or Business*

Flagship First Dining: AA and BA international three class Flagship First passengers only. This not a oneworld lounge: there is no admission by status, lounge membership for other than Concierge Key members with passes.

*American Airlines Airlines AAdvantage members, regardless of their tier status or class of travel, are not eligble for lounge access when travelling solely on North American flights within or between the U.S, Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Carribean. For more information, visit http://aa.com/i18n/travelInformation...miralsClub.jsp

Extensive photos at Andy’s Travel Blog link

Admirals Club report by Craig at Middle Age Miles linkhttps://www.middleagemiles.com/2019/...admirals-club/

Courtesy of Middle Age Miles

Link to the archived thread discussing the closure of the Terminal D Admirals Club and interim Flagship Dining facility on 7 April 2018.

Link to the archived thread discussing the opening of the interim “Premium Lounge” serving oneworld Emeralds and Sapphires, passengers flying First or Business on qualifying international flights, affected by the closure of the Terminal D Admirals Club and interim Flagship Dining facility on 7 April 2018.

Print Wikipost

Dallas DFW “D” Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge, Flagship First Dining

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2020, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
That's why it's subjective. Many do, so each to their own. No one is forcing anyone to pay $150 for FFD access, and if you don't find value in it, well then don't.
Right - this here is a discussion board. For discussion of opinions on things like this. I also generally don't drink much other than water and an occasional glass of wine when I'm flying.

Would still like to know if this is just access to FFD - or if it's access to the FL as well. Seems like the former, but a little unclear.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bse118
Right - this here is a discussion board. For discussion of opinions on things like this. I also generally don't drink much other than water and an occasional glass of wine when I'm flying.

Would still like to know if this is just access to FFD - or if it's access to the FL as well. Seems like the former, but a little unclear.
Totally fair question. FFD is a subset of the FL, but if I had access to both, I think I would spend most of my time in the FFD due to the superior offerings overall.

On the other hand, if didn't include access to the FL, it would be a quite burdensome logistical exercise to track who couldn't exit the FFD and hang out at the FL for some time. Staff/shift changes would add to the confusion.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA , 3MM, CK, Marriott Titanim
Had Breakfast in Flagship Dining a few days ago. Food came out cold....service was not very good... may have been a bit early for them but overall it was not a great experience....

I will try Dinner next time...maybe it will be better...
Old Feb 2, 2020, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
I am shocked at how this FL continues to underperform the others. Today, there was a 20 minute period where one of the 2 entrees at the buffet was completely out (yes, really) and the other entree had a single piece of beef that looked so sad that no one took it in that entire period. The FFD menu is still unchanged, and service is so poor. 10+ minute wait for champagne because the person who was supposed to bring it got involved in a non-work conversation with a coworker? Multiple 10+ minute periods where NO server was in the dining room, even though there were 3 servers working and only 3 guests at 2 tables? That's unacceptable.

On a positive note, the butter chicken at the exhibition station was great, and the General Tso's chicken on the buffet was pretty good, as well.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 11:05 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by bse118
$150!? That's one expensive meal that in no way can the FFD deliver a quality to match the cost.

Is that price just for the FFD? (i.e. for those that have FL access, but not FFD) Or are they now selling access to the Flagship Lounge as well. If so
I have a six hour layover at DFW later this year and might consider it if I can’t SDFC.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 10:06 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
Anybody eaten any of the entrees lately? I have a 6 hour layover in DFW today and will have access to FFD and was wondering if it is even worth eating there.

Thanks

Will write up a review if I do go there.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by anaggie
Anybody eaten any of the entrees lately? I have a 6 hour layover in DFW today and will have access to FFD and was wondering if it is even worth eating there.

Thanks

What other dining options are you considering? As far as lounge provided food is concerned, the FFD is the best option by far if you're eligible for access (and it comes with Krug ).
Old Feb 5, 2020, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold

Thanks

6 hours is a long time. Even if you choose to pay for your meal at a great Terminal D restaurant (like Brewed), you might as well stop in the FFD and have a free drink or two. It's a nice, quiet space at the very minimum.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 3:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
Out of Krug and the second option 😱

They ran out of Krug as well as the Rose this afternoon. I was able to enjoy one glass of Krug and that was it. The substitute was terrible — a Brut of some sort.

I ended up grabbing some oysters, and étouffee at Pappadeux before heading to the FFD for dinner.

Food at the FFD was nothing to write home about since the last time I was in here.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 3:49 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by Dallas49er
AA "Staff"-(at "border control"/check in) I have had warmer receptions from East German border guards and USSR passport control than the ....... "welcoming" staff. In fact it was reminiscent of every Eastern Bloc border crossing I ever made.

FL Staff-Fabulous. They get the idea of Flagship, but just don't have the tools, other than a smile and extra effort.

Not impressive.
When I visited the Flagship Lounge a few weeks ago (before that same QR flight), I mentioned to the agent who checked me in how it was my first time in the DFW FL, and it seemed as if her eyes lit up. She stepped away from the desk, took me into the lounge, pointed out a few things (where the restrooms/showers were was one, and where the drinks/water fridge was).
No, there is no way to compare it to the QR lounges at DOH (heck, everything on QR and at DOH is way over the top), but I definitely thought the agents were fine. She did tell me that unfortunately they don't announce the QR flight, though they do announce the AA flights to Europe. It really makes me wonder why, as I'm sure most days there are at least a few people in the lounge traveling on that QR flight.
I guess I could have checked out the QR lounge; when I checked in they told me that there was a golf cart that would take me from just past security to the lounge, and another to the gate. But when I flew BA a few years ago, that lounge wasn't anything special, so I assumed the QR one would be similar.

Overall, I found the Flagship Lounge to be fine. Similar to those at JFK, ORD, and LAX (none really stand out to me as shining more than the others). None are nearly at the level of the old US Airways Envoy Lounge at PHL. But any are far better than the normal AA lounges I've experienced.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 4:56 pm

They ran out of Krug as well as the Rose this afternoon. I was able to enjoy one glass of Krug and that was it. The substitute was terrible — a Brut of some sort.

I ended up grabbing some oysters, and étouffee at Pappadeux before heading to the FFD for dinner.

Food at the FFD was nothing to write home about since the last time I was in here.
Well, that's a bummer. Clearly your review was short and to the point!

Last edited by teemuflyer; Feb 5, 2020 at 5:13 pm
Old Feb 5, 2020, 11:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
They ran out of Krug as well as the Rose this afternoon.
Wow. What poor inventory management. I’d have been quite annoyed.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 9:47 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by ikwia
Happened to me once at JFK, as well.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 11:20 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Looks like this Flagship Lounge is pretty empty these days with all of the China and HKG flight cancellations
Old Feb 7, 2020, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by ikwia
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Looks like this Flagship Lounge is pretty empty these days with all of the China and HKG flight cancellations
Opportunity to build up the Krug stocks? Nothing funny about the China and HK flight cancellations though..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.