Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Dallas DFW “D” Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge, Flagship First Dining

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2019, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Dallas - Ft. Worth International Airport - DFW Terminal “D”

Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge and Flagship First Dining

OPEN NOW 16 May 2019

LOCATION: Terminal D (International Terminal), Departures floor, between Gates D23 and D24.

See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...er-thread.html for discussion of the American Airlines Admirals Club lounges in other terminals.

Link to DFW AA lounge information.

Link to one world DFW lounge directory and access information

Terminal D temporary Premium Lounge near Gate 34 is now CLOSED.

ACCESS:

Admirals Club: Admirals Club members, oneworld Sapphire and AAdvantage Platinum, Platinum Pro or higher status members, oneworld Sapphire or Emerald flyers*

Flagship Lounge (oneworld Emeralds, Sapphires and those traveling in oneworld First or AA or oneworld First or Business*

Flagship First Dining: AA and BA international three class Flagship First passengers only. This not a oneworld lounge: there is no admission by status, lounge membership for other than Concierge Key members with passes.

*American Airlines Airlines AAdvantage members, regardless of their tier status or class of travel, are not eligble for lounge access when travelling solely on North American flights within or between the U.S, Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Carribean. For more information, visit http://aa.com/i18n/travelInformation...miralsClub.jsp

Extensive photos at Andy’s Travel Blog link

Admirals Club report by Craig at Middle Age Miles linkhttps://www.middleagemiles.com/2019/...admirals-club/

Courtesy of Middle Age Miles

Link to the archived thread discussing the closure of the Terminal D Admirals Club and interim Flagship Dining facility on 7 April 2018.

Link to the archived thread discussing the opening of the interim “Premium Lounge” serving oneworld Emeralds and Sapphires, passengers flying First or Business on qualifying international flights, affected by the closure of the Terminal D Admirals Club and interim Flagship Dining facility on 7 April 2018.

Print Wikipost

Dallas DFW “D” Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge, Flagship First Dining

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2019, 10:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Originally Posted by Zacnlinc
@TWA884 You were spot on with your reply.

I was at FL Monday and have to say I was very underwhelmed with the food. Sampled stuff was either bland or too salty. One of the managers must have seen my facial expressions and came over asked what's going on with the food. I gave him my opinions and hopefully the comments were passed upstream as well as downstream too.

Will be back at DFW tomorrow and if time permits, I'll stop in again. Otherwise, I'll pass. LA and JFK FL I've visited thus far have been spot on tasty food options.
I'm glad you were able to discuss your concerns with management. I've spoken to the F&B management as well as the AA staff (I do understand they don't directly control the food, but are AA's eyes and ears for what the F&B staff do) on multiple occasions about the food. While I have seen some improvements, there are still a lot of execution issues when compared with the other FLs. Even simple things like replenishing the charcuterie plate seem to challenge them.
Zacnlinc likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 8:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Originally Posted by brewdog11
Does anyone know if Flagship First Dining may be accessed by BA F pax who are arriving into DFW? I've read that it's available for departing BA pax, but wasn't sure if pax flying from LHR could use it.
I know this is anecdotal but I was allowed to do this during a connection in MIA in June. Arrived BA first connecting to AA domestic first. Just showed my BA boarding pass and asked when entering the club and they gave me a FFD invite.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by C17PSGR
Kafe Kalik at FLL is not in the same terminal as AA but its airside, so once you clear security at Terminal 4, you can go to Kafe Kalik and its a 10 minute walk over to the AA gates.
I am going to try this tomorrow morning if I have enough time, flying AA. Glad to know I dont have to go through security twice, I'll get dropped off at T4. usually fly out of T1 or T2 from FLL so PP is usually useless. Want to try and get some benefit from it.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by jmsnyc
I am going to try this tomorrow morning if I have enough time, flying AA. Glad to know I dont have to go through security twice, I'll get dropped off at T4. usually fly out of T1 or T2 from FLL so PP is usually useless. Want to try and get some benefit from it.
Posts above are pre-August. Rules changed on August 1. No airport restaurants for Amex-obtained Priority Pass cardholders.
https://thepointsguy.com/news/no-pri...r-all-members/
Old Sep 9, 2019, 8:07 am

Or alternately, you can combine all of the worst/most conservative advice in this thread to make your 5 hours in DFW the most joyless experience possible:
- Under no circumstances take the train. Be sure to walk between all points in DFW.
- Avoid the Flagship Lounge with its assortment of quality beverages and pretty good food. You'll be much happier with a free Bud Light (America's favorite beer!) and some dry snacks at an Admiral's Club
- Be sure to arrive at your gate at least an hour prior to boarding, just to be safe
enviroian likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by AjFlyer
Posts above are pre-August. Rules changed on August 1. No airport restaurants for Amex-obtained Priority Pass cardholders.
https://thepointsguy.com/news/no-pri...r-all-members/
I have CSR, it worked, a bit of a walk to the AA gates but TSA was easy. Unbfortunately Kafe Kalik was packed with a bunch of people getting drunk before their vacation at 9am

What sucks is they dont give you a receipt so not sure how it is billed to PP but if it is billed per item restaurants definitely take advantage. Hopefully PP pays like 50% whether or not they spend $5 or $25. Also sucks that you cant use remaining balance to tip
Old Sep 22, 2019, 6:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Quick observations on the state of the DFW FL today:

It is nice that they are rotating the food options with a reasonable frequency. I’m not sure if the other FL have improved in that regard as well, since I don’t visit them often enough.

On the the other hand, I find the options they’re rotating in to be going downhill. Much of this is personal preference, of course. Today’s selections were pork (very bland) and mahi mahi soffrito (rubbery). The exhibition station had bruschetta (tasty but not very “high end”).

The sushi trays, over the course of 2+ hours, always had the exact same single roll option.

They continue to have execution issues with the things they do try to provide. They ran out of the mini cupcakes (delicious!) so started bringing out AC brownies. They ran out of Diet Coke cans. There were long periods when the charcuterie trays were completely, or nearly, empty. The salads had almost no dressing. Food was mislabeled. Multiple bottles of liquor sat empty (even after guests put them on the counter rather than the display so they were more obvious). Both food trays for certain options disappeared for 5+ minutes on multiple occasions. I know this is the newest club, but they should have plenty of history by now so they can anticipate the demand for staples like Diet Coke and should be able to see that they’re running low on entrees and sides.

Of course, it is still a better option than terminal or AC (and imho better than CL) but I hope they can improve on some of these issues.

Last edited by ikwia; Sep 22, 2019 at 7:07 pm
Old Sep 22, 2019, 9:40 pm

All Day Dining FFD?

Departing 8am DFW-ORD (terminal C) then connecting to NRT on JAL in F. I'd rather have a meal in FFD thanAA First. What time should I arrive at the lounge in terminal D? I'm not a big traditional western breakfast person, so would likely want to order from All Day Dining. Will that be a challenge? What time should I depart the lounge? 7.15am?

Thanks.

Last edited by bmchris; Sep 22, 2019 at 9:50 pm
Old Sep 22, 2019, 11:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by bmchris
Departing 8am DFW-ORD (terminal C) then connecting to NRT on JAL in F. I'd rather have a meal in FFD thanAA First. What time should I arrive at the lounge in terminal D? I'm not a big traditional western breakfast person, so would likely want to order from All Day Dining. Will that be a challenge? What time should I depart the lounge? 7.15am?

Thanks.
Unless you are departing from DFW on AA F international on the 77W, flying on AA to another hub to connect to an AA F on the 77W or A32T, or departing DFW on BA F (although some have reportedly had luck connecting to a BA F flight in IAH), you will not have access to FFD. Access is for AA Flagship First passengers and F passengers on airlines AA has an agreement with for FFD at specific stations. JL is not one of those airlines, unfortunately.

Aside from that, with respect to menus, you wouldn't be able to order from the All-Day menu before the All-Day menu starts. If you were there during breakfast time, you would have to order from the breakfast menu.

You will have access to the regular Flagship Lounge, though.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 5:26 am

Thank you for the clarification!
Old Sep 23, 2019, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by ikwia
Quick observations on the state of the DFW FL today:

It is nice that they are rotating the food options with a reasonable frequency. I’m not sure if the other FL have improved in that regard as well, since I don’t visit them often enough.

On the the other hand, I find the options they’re rotating in to be going downhill. Much of this is personal preference, of course. Today’s selections were pork (very bland) and mahi mahi soffrito (rubbery). The exhibition station had bruschetta (tasty but not very “high end”).

The sushi trays, over the course of 2+ hours, always had the exact same single roll option.

They continue to have execution issues with the things they do try to provide. They ran out of the mini cupcakes (delicious!) so started bringing out AC brownies. They ran out of Diet Coke cans. There were long periods when the charcuterie trays were completely, or nearly, empty. The salads had almost no dressing. Food was mislabeled. Multiple bottles of liquor sat empty (even after guests put them on the counter rather than the display so they were more obvious). Both food trays for certain options disappeared for 5+ minutes on multiple occasions. I know this is the newest club, but they should have plenty of history by now so they can anticipate the demand for staples like Diet Coke and should be able to see that they’re running low on entrees and sides.

Of course, it is still a better option than terminal or AC (and imho better than CL) but I hope they can improve on some of these issues.
We may have been there at the same time. I was there for about 4 hours yesterday. I didn't have any troubles with the cheese or charcuterie trays, but I didn't really look at the food options once I got the little I wanted. In addition to the brownies they also brought out macarons which were quite tasty.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 7:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Does it state in writing anywhere that BA F pax are allowed FFD access at DFW? About to book an AA codeshare BA DFW-LHR ticket and would like to make sure.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 11:43 am

Does it state in writing anywhere that BA F pax are allowed FFD access at DFW? About to book an AA codeshare BA DFW-LHR ticket and would like to make sure.
AFAIK, it's not in writing anywhere publicly. But it's fairly well-established here anecdotally that BA F passengers from DFW get access to FFD per BA agreement with AA.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 11:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by DMPHL
AFAIK, it's not in writing anywhere publicly. But it's fairly well-established here anecdotally that BA F passengers from DFW get access to FFD per BA agreement with AA.
Thank you for your answer. It sounds like it’s a safe bet.

Does anyone know if being on an AA codeshare would affect this at all? Thank you.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 12:56 pm

Thank you for your answer. It sounds like it’s a safe bet.

Does anyone know if being on an AA codeshare would affect this at all? Thank you.
Shouldn't affect it one bit

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.