Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Dallas DFW “D” Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge, Flagship First Dining

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2019, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Dallas - Ft. Worth International Airport - DFW Terminal “D”

Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge and Flagship First Dining

OPEN NOW 16 May 2019

LOCATION: Terminal D (International Terminal), Departures floor, between Gates D23 and D24.

See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...er-thread.html for discussion of the American Airlines Admirals Club lounges in other terminals.

Link to DFW AA lounge information.

Link to one world DFW lounge directory and access information

Terminal D temporary Premium Lounge near Gate 34 is now CLOSED.

ACCESS:

Admirals Club: Admirals Club members, oneworld Sapphire and AAdvantage Platinum, Platinum Pro or higher status members, oneworld Sapphire or Emerald flyers*

Flagship Lounge (oneworld Emeralds, Sapphires and those traveling in oneworld First or AA or oneworld First or Business*

Flagship First Dining: AA and BA international three class Flagship First passengers only. This not a oneworld lounge: there is no admission by status, lounge membership for other than Concierge Key members with passes.

*American Airlines Airlines AAdvantage members, regardless of their tier status or class of travel, are not eligble for lounge access when travelling solely on North American flights within or between the U.S, Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Carribean. For more information, visit http://aa.com/i18n/travelInformation...miralsClub.jsp

Extensive photos at Andy’s Travel Blog link

Admirals Club report by Craig at Middle Age Miles linkhttps://www.middleagemiles.com/2019/...admirals-club/

Courtesy of Middle Age Miles

Link to the archived thread discussing the closure of the Terminal D Admirals Club and interim Flagship Dining facility on 7 April 2018.

Link to the archived thread discussing the opening of the interim “Premium Lounge” serving oneworld Emeralds and Sapphires, passengers flying First or Business on qualifying international flights, affected by the closure of the Terminal D Admirals Club and interim Flagship Dining facility on 7 April 2018.

Print Wikipost

Dallas DFW “D” Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge, Flagship First Dining

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2019, 5:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
DFW FL disappoints again tonight. Same charcuterie issues I (and others) have reported on previously. Desserts were limited to the AC brownies and blondies. The exhibition station had frito pies and the 2 main entrees were (truly) flavorless "teriyaki" shrimp and very overcooked Italian beef. On the plus side, DFW continues to have the best alcohol selection of the FLs, including a very nice Republic Extra Anejo Tequila. I was at MIA last week, and they continue to meet the standards that I've come to expect from a FL...I'm not sure why DFW can't get their act together.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 6:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Shades are broken at the DFW FL FYI....ridiculous for such new construction
Old Dec 1, 2019, 7:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Oh my. That must be terrible at the wrong time of day.
Old Dec 1, 2019, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Originally Posted by ikwia
Oh my. That must be terrible at the wrong time of day.
When I was through on Wednesday it seemed like most of them were broken/stuck in the down position...
Old Dec 5, 2019, 10:48 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Just spent a few hours in the DFW FL for the first time yesterday (previous visits were to FFD or quick FL visits). Seating and views are very nice. The food definitely disappoints however -- flavorless and also they took a while to replenish -- plus they really lose points for not having a real dessert section (other than the AC brownies as someone else mentioned earlier).

Showers looked fine on the surface but they don't seem to be cleaned as well. Mine had a lot of hair on the floor all over. I never experienced that in the LAX, JFK FLs or in the arrivals lounge in LHR.

Liquor seemed fine. Especially pleased with the Balvenie 12, which I don't remember seeing in the other FLs although I might have missed it.

Additionally, they just replaced the Besserat de Bellefon champagne with Bernard Lonclas. It happened just during Thanksgiving because just a week ago they still had Besserat. The new champagne is fine, although I preferred Besserat. Interestingly LAX still had Besserat yesterday, so either it's a DFW only champagne or it'll take a little bit to phase it in.

On the balance I think it's definitely worse than LAX and JFK (haven't been to MIA or ORD). Disappointing because they could really fix the food, since the quality of what they serve in FFD is on par with the other FFDs, so the kitchen potential is there. Service and cleaning also shouldn't be that hard to fix... Hopefully someone will do something about it at some point.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Does the DFW Flagship adhere to the no alcohol before Noon on Sundays like the Admirals Club or is it still put out because it's self-serve?
Old Dec 5, 2019, 2:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Does the DFW Flagship adhere to the no alcohol before Noon on Sundays like the Admirals Club or is it still put out because it's self-serve?
Well, it's 10 AM with food on Sundays, but regardless, they have to follow the TABC rules concerning serving times.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 2:18 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by SEA737
Just spent a few hours in the DFW FL for the first time yesterday (previous visits were to FFD or quick FL visits). Seating and views are very nice. The food definitely disappoints however -- flavorless and also they took a while to replenish -- plus they really lose points for not having a real dessert section (other than the AC brownies as someone else mentioned earlier).

Showers looked fine on the surface but they don't seem to be cleaned as well. Mine had a lot of hair on the floor all over. I never experienced that in the LAX, JFK FLs or in the arrivals lounge in LHR.

Liquor seemed fine. Especially pleased with the Balvenie 12, which I don't remember seeing in the other FLs although I might have missed it.

Additionally, they just replaced the Besserat de Bellefon champagne with Bernard Lonclas. It happened just during Thanksgiving because just a week ago they still had Besserat. The new champagne is fine, although I preferred Besserat. Interestingly LAX still had Besserat yesterday, so either it's a DFW only champagne or it'll take a little bit to phase it in.

On the balance I think it's definitely worse than LAX and JFK (haven't been to MIA or ORD). Disappointing because they could really fix the food, since the quality of what they serve in FFD is on par with the other FFDs, so the kitchen potential is there. Service and cleaning also shouldn't be that hard to fix... Hopefully someone will do something about it at some point.
The quality of the food and the wine selection at the MIA Flagship Lounge have significantly improved over the past year. It's a great lounge. ^
Old Dec 5, 2019, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Well, it's 10 AM with food on Sundays, but regardless, they have to follow the TABC rules concerning serving times.
So since Flagship serves (but doesn't sell) food, can it offer beer/wine at 10am on Sunday? or must wait until Noon?
Old Dec 5, 2019, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
So since Flagship serves (but doesn't sell) food, can it offer beer/wine at 10am on Sunday? or must wait until Noon?
The food doesn't actually have to be sold, just present near the drink, so 10 AM it is..For example, many places in Austin (TX) will provide a free snack of sorts to go with your drink order. Does it make sense, not in my mind, but it is what it is..
Old Dec 27, 2019, 5:43 am

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
DFW Flagship Lounge

Loved the views of the runway and planes coming in and out. I found the food decent and liked the encouragement to make your own cocktails.

Old Dec 27, 2019, 8:00 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by Brandinho1
Loved the views of the runway and planes coming in and out. I found the food decent and liked the encouragement to make your own cocktails.

https://youtu.be/0QGr06to_Wk
I'm surprised the lounge employees did not throw you out when you recorded on tape the sad dessert offerings.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 7:37 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jcatman
I'm surprised the lounge employees did not throw you out when you recorded on tape the sad dessert offerings.
Surely they brought out the secret menu items when I left
Old Dec 27, 2019, 8:23 pm

Programs: CK or bust
For any ticketing or other needs, they really want you to be motivated to see the FL agents at DFW with how far they are relative to the entrance. Most of the other other Flagship Lounges place them almost in front or entering the main floor but gosh, the DFW stand is really tucked away.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 9:15 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by enpremiere
For any ticketing or other needs, they really want you to be motivated to see the FL agents at DFW with how far they are relative to the entrance. Most of the other other Flagship Lounges place them almost in front or entering the main floor but gosh, the DFW stand is really tucked away.
During one of my first visits to the DFW FL, I attempted to find someone to assist me with one of my flights. The front check-in desk seemed to be the only one actually staffed, so I inquired there. I was told I would need to "go see the lady at the shower desk" LOL. You'd think the Flagship lounge at the flagship hub would be AA's chance to shine, but they don't seem to view it that way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.