Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Dallas DFW “D” Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge, Flagship First Dining

Old May 5, 2019, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Dallas - Ft. Worth International Airport - DFW Terminal “D”

Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge and Flagship First Dining

OPEN NOW 16 May 2019

LOCATION: Terminal D (International Terminal), Departures floor, between Gates D23 and D24.

See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...er-thread.html for discussion of the American Airlines Admirals Club lounges in other terminals.

Link to DFW AA lounge information.

Link to one world DFW lounge directory and access information

Terminal D temporary Premium Lounge near Gate 34 is now CLOSED.

ACCESS:

Admirals Club: Admirals Club members, oneworld Sapphire and AAdvantage Platinum, Platinum Pro or higher status members, oneworld Sapphire or Emerald flyers*

Flagship Lounge (oneworld Emeralds, Sapphires and those traveling in oneworld First or AA or oneworld First or Business*

Flagship First Dining: AA and BA international three class Flagship First passengers only. This not a oneworld lounge: there is no admission by status, lounge membership for other than Concierge Key members with passes.

*American Airlines Airlines AAdvantage members, regardless of their tier status or class of travel, are not eligble for lounge access when travelling solely on North American flights within or between the U.S, Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Carribean. For more information, visit http://aa.com/i18n/travelInformation...miralsClub.jsp

Extensive photos at Andy’s Travel Blog link

Admirals Club report by Craig at Middle Age Miles linkhttps://www.middleagemiles.com/2019/...admirals-club/

Courtesy of Middle Age Miles

Link to the archived thread discussing the closure of the Terminal D Admirals Club and interim Flagship Dining facility on 7 April 2018.

Link to the archived thread discussing the opening of the interim “Premium Lounge” serving oneworld Emeralds and Sapphires, passengers flying First or Business on qualifying international flights, affected by the closure of the Terminal D Admirals Club and interim Flagship Dining facility on 7 April 2018.

Print Wikipost

Dallas DFW “D” Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge, Flagship First Dining

Old Aug 17, 2019, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by Gringa

Flight 78 Monday.
I can't see on flight aware until tomorrow but a quick strolling history of 78 shows it's always been out of D. Lucky you.
Gringa likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by enviroian
I can't see on flight aware until tomorrow but a quick strolling history of 78 shows it's always been out of D. Lucky you.
Thank you. I hope it stays that way. Stupid me just assumed all to Europe left from D. I’ll cross my fingers yours switches.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
What flight is it? I’m on 80 tomorrow night.
It can change very quickly.

Now shows A24.

https://www.google.com/search?q=AA80

Friday's departed D23.

If no mobility or other issues, in reality, it is only 10-15 minutes by air-train from the F/L to any gate (maybe not E22+).
Gringa likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by serfty
It can change very quickly.

Now shows A24.

https://www.google.com/search?q=AA80

Friday's departed D23.

If no mobility or other issues, in reality, it is only 10-15 minutes by air-train from the F/L to any gate (maybe not E22+).
It moved again

D23

serfty likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And moved again back to A24.

Amateur hour at AA

Old Aug 18, 2019, 4:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
And moved again back to A24.

Amateur hour at AA

It's called normal airport operations, and not reserved for AA alone.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 7:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
It's called normal airport operations, and not reserved for AA alone.
I absolutely agree. With that said, my anecdotal experience is that gate changes happen WAY more with AA at DFW than at CLT, or than UA at IAH or DL at ATL.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 7:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ikwia
I absolutely agree. With that said, my anecdotal experience is that gate changes happen WAY more with AA at DFW than at CLT, or than UA at IAH or DL at ATL.
In an ironic way, that means DFW is a much more flexible airport. And to boot, 90% of passengers could care less if gates change, unless it is after they have arrived at the airport and settled down.
Spanish likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It’s a stunning lounge and the finest I’ve ever seen from AA. The food looked amazing and really enjoy the open bar. I didn’t eat of course since I’ll be eating soon.

Very impressive AA.
robertablake likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 2:06 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
The food looked amazing and really enjoy the open bar. I didn’t eat of course since I’ll be eating soon.
Big mistake, but I guess that by now you have realized that.
enviroian and wrp96 like this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 5:00 pm

I’m in the Flagship Lounge right now and most surprised AA splurged on heated toilet seats. I know there’s a good line in there somewhere and I’m sure some wag will provide one.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 6:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
Interesting. They are not heated in the showers which is the only place I've sat in the D FL lounge .
Old Aug 19, 2019, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
My LHR departure leaves from A25 Sunday night. Ugh. It's a big inconvenience to trek all the way to D to hit the FL. I wish they would keep all departing International heavies at D. I'll just go to the AC in A now. Doesn't make sense to go all the way to D.
If only there was a train that got you there in like 6 minutes...
Old Aug 19, 2019, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by Gringa
I’m in the Flagship Lounge right now and most surprised AA splurged on heated toilet seats. I know there’s a good line in there somewhere and I’m sure some wag will provide one.
Ok I'll stoop to the challenge - Slow-cooked rump is always popular
Gringa likes this.

Last edited by 3544quebec; Aug 19, 2019 at 7:45 pm
Old Aug 28, 2019, 10:47 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
It’s a stunning lounge and the finest I’ve ever seen from AA. The food looked amazing and really enjoy the open bar. I didn’t eat of course since I’ll be eating soon.

Very impressive AA.
@TWA884 You were spot on with your reply.

I was at FL Monday and have to say I was very underwhelmed with the food. Sampled stuff was either bland or too salty. One of the managers must have seen my facial expressions and came over asked what's going on with the food. I gave him my opinions and hopefully the comments were passed upstream as well as downstream too.

Will be back at DFW tomorrow and if time permits, I'll stop in again. Otherwise, I'll pass. LA and JFK FL I've visited thus far have been spot on tasty food options.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.