Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Dallas DFW “D” Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge, Flagship First Dining

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2019, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Dallas - Ft. Worth International Airport - DFW Terminal “D”

Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge and Flagship First Dining

OPEN NOW 16 May 2019

LOCATION: Terminal D (International Terminal), Departures floor, between Gates D23 and D24.

See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...er-thread.html for discussion of the American Airlines Admirals Club lounges in other terminals.

Link to DFW AA lounge information.

Link to one world DFW lounge directory and access information

Terminal D temporary Premium Lounge near Gate 34 is now CLOSED.

ACCESS:

Admirals Club: Admirals Club members, oneworld Sapphire and AAdvantage Platinum, Platinum Pro or higher status members, oneworld Sapphire or Emerald flyers*

Flagship Lounge (oneworld Emeralds, Sapphires and those traveling in oneworld First or AA or oneworld First or Business*

Flagship First Dining: AA and BA international three class Flagship First passengers only. This not a oneworld lounge: there is no admission by status, lounge membership for other than Concierge Key members with passes.

*American Airlines Airlines AAdvantage members, regardless of their tier status or class of travel, are not eligble for lounge access when travelling solely on North American flights within or between the U.S, Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Carribean. For more information, visit http://aa.com/i18n/travelInformation...miralsClub.jsp

Extensive photos at Andy’s Travel Blog link

Admirals Club report by Craig at Middle Age Miles linkhttps://www.middleagemiles.com/2019/...admirals-club/

Courtesy of Middle Age Miles

Link to the archived thread discussing the closure of the Terminal D Admirals Club and interim Flagship Dining facility on 7 April 2018.

Link to the archived thread discussing the opening of the interim “Premium Lounge” serving oneworld Emeralds and Sapphires, passengers flying First or Business on qualifying international flights, affected by the closure of the Terminal D Admirals Club and interim Flagship Dining facility on 7 April 2018.

Print Wikipost

Dallas DFW “D” Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge, Flagship First Dining

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2019, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Well, you need a connecting OW flight to access the FL when arriving from an Int'l business flight, so technically you could be arriving to MIA from LHR, connecting to a LATAM flight to South America, and you would have access. But one does not get access if the arrival airport is the final destination or connecting to a non-OW flight.
Got it, thanks. Connecting to a UA flight so will miss the lounge. Oh well.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 8:28 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by thunderlounge
How would you get back airside after going through immigration/customs without an onward ticket?
Niche case, but could be arriving from DUB
Old Jul 17, 2019, 8:52 pm

Programs: Global Entry
Originally Posted by dave_261
I've been through DFW FL a couple times, but finally got to use the FFD.

The pros:
- Very nice space
- Extremely private and nearly empty when I was there (although the server did say it can get quite crowded at times)
- Full bar w/ bartender and some specialty drinks (and a real cappuccino maker)

The cons:
- Server, while nice, took things really casually for 'fine dining'
- Probably more important... the food. Honestly, just not that good. Menu selections for those interested:
  • Pork Belly Tacos- really, really good
  • Fried Oysters- 90% fried batter/10% oyster
  • BBQ brisket- Just a bad idea. It tasted like it had been cooked days ago and was being constantly reheated. Toughest piece of meat I've had in a while
  • Filet Mignon- Not bad, but the cut of filet was strange- it was kind of stringy and falling apart a bit
  • Pecan Pie- Clearly not made there; tasted like it may have been picked up at the grocery store that morning (or maybe Mrs. Smiths)
  • Sundae- ok, hard to mess that up
The server told me that the same (very small) kitchen crew does the buffet and FFD, so at peak times, food can be delayed for a long time.

In any case, my expectations were not met. Would I go back? Sure, but more for the seclusion and nice atmosphere, and I'd definitely order other stuff.
were you flying in F or did you use your CK pass
Old Jul 18, 2019, 5:48 am

There are 2 kitchens. One supports FFD/FSL and the other the, the Admiral’s club.

AA was giving private tours of the kitchen and prep areas the night of the preview party. In my opinion, the kitchen is HUGE. They said they overbuilt it for future expansion of more specialty equipment — ie right now the have a huge commercial wok and a sushi machine. Now how it is staffed, IDK.
I've been through DFW FL a couple times, but finally got to use the FFD.

The pros:
- Very nice space
- Extremely private and nearly empty when I was there (although the server did say it can get quite crowded at times)
- Full bar w/ bartender and some specialty drinks (and a real cappuccino maker)

The cons:
- Server, while nice, took things really casually for 'fine dining'
- Probably more important... the food. Honestly, just not that good. Menu selections for those interested:
  • Pork Belly Tacos- really, really good
  • Fried Oysters- 90% fried batter/10% oyster
  • BBQ brisket- Just a bad idea. It tasted like it had been cooked days ago and was being constantly reheated. Toughest piece of meat I've had in a while
  • Filet Mignon- Not bad, but the cut of filet was strange- it was kind of stringy and falling apart a bit
  • Pecan Pie- Clearly not made there; tasted like it may have been picked up at the grocery store that morning (or maybe Mrs. Smiths)
  • Sundae- ok, hard to mess that up
The server told me that the same (very small) kitchen crew does the buffet and FFD, so at peak times, food can be delayed for a long time.

In any case, my expectations were not met. Would I go back? Sure, but more for the seclusion and nice atmosphere, and I'd definitely order other stuff.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 11:43 am

Programs: AA Exp, Radisson VIP, Expedia OneKey Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amex Plati
Bad barbecue and steaks in Texas? Unforgivable!
Old Jul 20, 2019, 3:45 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
1.5 hours in DFW A Concourse - worthwhile going to Flagship Lounge in D?

I have a connection between a flight arriving A22 and a flight departing from gate A28. About 1.5 hours between them. Is it worthwhile heading over to concourse D and the flagship lounge? I’m not familiar with the connections between concourses, how much time does it eat up to go from one concourse to the other and back? If I only get to spend 20 Minutes or so at the FL then I won’t bother but rather check out the AC in A.

Thanks for hints from any DFW-savvy travelers.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Definitely. It is about 8 minutes between your gate and the FL by skylink.
TheDudeAbides likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA PPro
Yes it is a great lounge and skylink is pretty reliable 10 min each way
TheDudeAbides and Antarius like this.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Not that far of a walk from the high-A gates to the FL lounge in D either. Especially if moving walkways between terminals are working. Around 10 min at a brisk pace.
TheDudeAbides and Spanish like this.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 5:11 pm

FL is definitely better than the AC's... no question there. More space, better (and much more substantial) food, premium drinks, etc.

Assuming you pull into the gate right on time, and assuming you want to be at your connecting flight 35 minutes before departure, that leaves exactly 55 minutes to deplane, get over to D, enjoy the club, and get back over to A. Best case you probably have ~30 mins in the club.

An alternative would be to go to the reasonably good A club, which is right in the middle of your 2 gates. If you just need some light snacks and a drink, and perhaps an outlet to charge up, could be a better option.

BTW, gates can change up until the minute you arrive, so very good possibility one of your gates will change.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 7:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
I guess I've always been "lucky" when traversing DFW on international flights. It appears that I (always?) tend to be departing from D. My thinking at the time was that's the most likely reason why D was selected to have FL.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 7:54 pm
Suspended

The Flagship Lounge is definitely way ahead of the AC, however, for the time you would have there, IMO it's not worth it. If you are hungry, the food for purchase at the AC is fine. The spread in the FL looks nicer than it tastes.

To me getting nearby connecting gates near an AC is a nice bonus.
coolcoil and LovePrunes like this.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 8:34 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Just got to try out the flagship lounge last week. I highly recommend it. Free self-serve premium alcohol (better than what the ACs charge for), better food. The seating areas are roughly similar.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 9:21 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Zacnlinc
I guess I've always been "lucky" when traversing DFW on international flights. It appears that I (always?) tend to be departing from D. My thinking at the time was that's the most likely reason why D was selected to have FL.
The original DFW Flagship and Arrivals lounges were within the A Admirals Club because A was the international Terminal. And you’re correct, the Flagship lounge, which will be the Premium lounge for one world, was scheduled for D, the international Terminal. Though I’ve departed to international destinations from A even recently. KEF, for one, seems to depart from the high A gates.
Zacnlinc likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 9:27 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
And then there is Pappadeaux at A25 which is probably one of the best airport restaurants out there. Instead of rushing to D for a free drink and food enjoy a good meal/snack/drink by your gate.
Zacnlinc likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.