Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Dallas DFW “D” Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge, Flagship First Dining

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 5, 2019, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Dallas - Ft. Worth International Airport - DFW Terminal “D”

Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge and Flagship First Dining

OPEN NOW 16 May 2019

LOCATION: Terminal D (International Terminal), Departures floor, between Gates D23 and D24.

See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...er-thread.html for discussion of the American Airlines Admirals Club lounges in other terminals.

Link to DFW AA lounge information.

Link to one world DFW lounge directory and access information

Terminal D temporary Premium Lounge near Gate 34 is now CLOSED.

ACCESS:

Admirals Club: Admirals Club members, oneworld Sapphire and AAdvantage Platinum, Platinum Pro or higher status members, oneworld Sapphire or Emerald flyers*

Flagship Lounge (oneworld Emeralds, Sapphires and those traveling in oneworld First or AA or oneworld First or Business*

Flagship First Dining: AA and BA international three class Flagship First passengers only. This not a oneworld lounge: there is no admission by status, lounge membership for other than Concierge Key members with passes.

*American Airlines Airlines AAdvantage members, regardless of their tier status or class of travel, are not eligble for lounge access when travelling solely on North American flights within or between the U.S, Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Carribean. For more information, visit http://aa.com/i18n/travelInformation...miralsClub.jsp

Extensive photos at Andy’s Travel Blog link

Admirals Club report by Craig at Middle Age Miles linkhttps://www.middleagemiles.com/2019/...admirals-club/

Courtesy of Middle Age Miles

Link to the archived thread discussing the closure of the Terminal D Admirals Club and interim Flagship Dining facility on 7 April 2018.

Link to the archived thread discussing the opening of the interim “Premium Lounge” serving oneworld Emeralds and Sapphires, passengers flying First or Business on qualifying international flights, affected by the closure of the Terminal D Admirals Club and interim Flagship Dining facility on 7 April 2018.

Print Wikipost

Dallas DFW “D” Admirals Club, Flagship Lounge, Flagship First Dining

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2019, 7:16 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chil

Resuming my unhappiness: the new AA Flagship lounges do not feature full service sections for emerald customers as many other OW lounges all over the world and this is the biggest disadvantage. They are trying to do something like the Concord room in LHR T5 exclusive for F passengers but I don't think it will have any commercial success given how few AA aircraft feature F cabins nowadays.
The food they offer at the FFDs is considerably better than what they offered at the old Flagship First lounges, and much more on par with the CCR or QR F lounges. Although I love my CX F Pier Lounge and QF SYD and LAX F lounges, once again their food and beverage offerings are not at the similar level as the FFD. Minute steak at QF F (yummy, btw) vs. filet at FFD. Good champagne at CX and QF, Krug at FFD.

Clearly AA made a calculation that when lowering the requirements to access the FLs to include J and OWS, they wanted to still have a differentiated offering for those flying F. I doubt the FFD was ever designed to be a direct money maker, but be part of the F experience. Since 3 class Transcons from JFK and LAX have plenty of F flyers, they will be the busiest. DFW is the HQ, so part of branding. Weakest case is MIA, but for brand consistency, it makes sense.

As a business + lounge, I think the FLs are some of the best in the OW system I have ran across, and happy they made the change.

Originally Posted by fotographer
Agree with the F cabins, having flown F DFW to LHR (using SWU), cant think of too many other flights that AA has a F cabin.
I am sure that over time, AA along with other airlines already doing this.. they will probably eliminate F and expand J.
It would be nice if OWE would allowed to use the "dining" option, after all not so long ago, on OWE were allowed to use the Flag ship lounges.. (remember the one in ORD fondly.. great agents their)
but than again the good thing is that even if I stop flying a lot.. still have LT PT to get access
As mentioned above, there is plenty of qualifying F flights and pax on AA routes, when one considers the 3 class Transcons in the mix.
fotographer likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 7:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
As mentioned above, there is plenty of qualifying F flights and pax on AA routes, when one considers the 3 class Transcons in the mix.
That may be true, but largely irrelevant in a thread discussing DFW FFD

Regards
T. Sanderson likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by scubadu
That may be true, but largely irrelevant in a thread discussing DFW FFD

Regards
I didn't want to be redundant, but I meant to tie the number of qualifying F flights across the AA system for part of the reason for the existence of the FFD at AA overall, and the reason for having it at DFW is for branding primarily, although they do have other F flights from DFW, such as HKG and GRU, for example.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 8:48 pm

Flagship Dining DFW

Flagship Dining DFW

Breakfast Menu

Texas Sunrise

controller1 likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 10:18 pm

Programs: FB (platinum for life), AAdvantage (exec platinum), Aeroflot Bonus (gold)
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
As a business + lounge, I think the FLs are some of the best in the OW system I have ran across, and happy they made the change.
That's exactly the point! It's a J lounge, not F lounge. AA is cheap -- so they don't want to manage F (OW emerald) and J (OW sapphire) lounges separately as many others do. But they want to emphasize the exclusiveness of their rare F customers that will go extinct pretty soon because the F cabins tend to disappear from newer aircraft. I would emphasize here that there is indeed a not so bad F section (with OW emerald admission) in the AA lounge in LHR T3 -- they have to compete with CX and BA and they do it quite successfully. I've tried only breakfast options there and their avocado toasts were really great. So, the fact that emerald customers are not treated in any different way from J/sapphire customers in DFW-D is the consequence of the lack of competition.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 10:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
I would emphasize here that there is indeed a not so bad F section (with OW emerald admission) in the AA lounge in LHR T3 -- they have to compete with CX and BA and they do it quite successfully. I've tried only breakfast options there and their avocado toasts were really great
I'm sorry but this makes no sense. The Flagship Lounges in the US are all better than the AA F lounge at LHR. And AA has plans/intent to do the same thing with creating a FL at LHR as they've done at DFW, LAX, MIA, ORD and JFK.

And you leave out the QF lounge at LHR, which is a combined J/F lounge and is better than AA's LHR F lounge.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 2:26 pm

Programs: FB (platinum for life), AAdvantage (exec platinum), Aeroflot Bonus (gold)
Originally Posted by bse118
I'm sorry but this makes no sense. The Flagship Lounges in the US are all better than the AA F lounge at LHR. And AA has plans/intent to do the same thing with creating a FL at LHR as they've done at DFW, LAX, MIA, ORD and JFK.
For me the only important things about the lounge are: food/tea/coffee quality, availability of shower without a 1h waiting time, and comfort of seating + internet connection. I usually stay in the lounge to have more comfortable working conditions on a layover. I don't care about the sort of Champagne or the varieties of Whiskey they serve. I care even less about the view from the window. In all these respects the tiny F section of the AA LHR lounge beats Flagship lounges I visited (ORD, MIA, DFW). It's like comparing a small Lexus IS to a super-large American pick-up truck.

And you leave out the QF lounge at LHR, which is a combined J/F lounge and is better than AA's LHR F lounge.
Frankly speaking, I have no idea why QF has a lounge at all given that they operate 1.5 flights per day from LHR -- they would be better off buying the service from CX.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by bse118
Not in my opionion - I much prefer the AA FL at LHR than the Qantas Business lounge. I rarely visit it, generally using CX and AA First lounges only.
Frankly speaking, I have no idea why QF has a lounge at all given that they operate 1.5 flights per day from LHR -- they would be better off buying the service from CX.
It's $$$/£££'s driven.

With "Qantas Club" members included, Qantas can have 300+ lounge eligible PAX for their two flights per day.

After the BA relationship soured, Qantas used nothing (big complaints) then AA and finally CX before opening the current venue.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 11:33 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLAT, Marriott Titanium/LT PLAT
I will have access to FFD in a month (F to GRU) and will have approx 6 hours to kill. Am I allowed to enter the FFD at will and eat or it is a one time entry?

Thank
Old Jul 12, 2019, 12:17 pm

Programs: AS 100K, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by anaggie
I will have access to FFD in a month (F to GRU) and will have approx 6 hours to kill. Am I allowed to enter the FFD at will and eat or it is a one time entry?

Thank
At will as long as it's same day
Old Jul 14, 2019, 7:06 am

Can't find a clear answer- is access allowed after arriving from intl in business with no onward AA boarding pass?
Old Jul 14, 2019, 8:10 am

How would you get back airside after going through immigration/customs without an onward ticket?
Old Jul 14, 2019, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by whlinder
Can't find a clear answer- is access allowed after arriving from intl in business with no onward AA boarding pass?
Well, you need a connecting OW flight to access the FL when arriving from an Int'l business flight, so technically you could be arriving to MIA from LHR, connecting to a LATAM flight to South America, and you would have access. But one does not get access if the arrival airport is the final destination or connecting to a non-OW flight.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 8:17 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Brainless69
Have to say, having been to ORD, NYC, LAX and now DFW I am underwhelmed, the buffet was empty of food, what food they did replenish was lukewarm at best, the food did not taste very good and the Asian fried rice, broccoli and asparagus was all inedible. Drinks fridges were empty and the wine/champagne wells were also empty 😳 the lounge is very big and spacious but they really need to sort out the basics.
I've been to all of the above plus MIA. The buffet is an upgrade from the former FLs in terms of selections available but not quality. I agree a lot of it is not very tasty, but it does look good when you see it on the various blogs. Still, it is a step up from where things were five or 10 years ago, so I guess the right direction.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 10:42 am

I've been through DFW FL a couple times, but finally got to use the FFD.

The pros:
- Very nice space
- Extremely private and nearly empty when I was there (although the server did say it can get quite crowded at times)
- Full bar w/ bartender and some specialty drinks (and a real cappuccino maker)

The cons:
- Server, while nice, took things really casually for 'fine dining'
- Probably more important... the food. Honestly, just not that good. Menu selections for those interested:
  • Pork Belly Tacos- really, really good
  • Fried Oysters- 90% fried batter/10% oyster
  • BBQ brisket- Just a bad idea. It tasted like it had been cooked days ago and was being constantly reheated. Toughest piece of meat I've had in a while
  • Filet Mignon- Not bad, but the cut of filet was strange- it was kind of stringy and falling apart a bit
  • Pecan Pie- Clearly not made there; tasted like it may have been picked up at the grocery store that morning (or maybe Mrs. Smiths)
  • Sundae- ok, hard to mess that up
The server told me that the same (very small) kitchen crew does the buffet and FFD, so at peak times, food can be delayed for a long time.

In any case, my expectations were not met. Would I go back? Sure, but more for the seclusion and nice atmosphere, and I'd definitely order other stuff.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.