Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA comp interim status + challenge offer / targeted promo 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: I have received an interim status offer + challenge and am
taking advantage of this offer and will take up the challenge too
60.00%
using my interim status but won’t attempt a challenge
20.00%
ignoring this offer - it’s just not for me
15.00%
Other: please post below
5.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 8, 2019, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SpammersAreScum
Status Challenge promotional (targeted) offer

Courtesy of eyi: Sign into your account and look under promotions to see if you're targeted.

Must sign up prior to travel. Ends 15 May 2019.

Courtesy of Pedro M:

“You've been selected to receive free American Airlines AAdvantage® Gold status through May 15, 2019, where you'll experience all the benefits of Gold status. Plus, elevate your experience with ten 500-mile upgrades just for registering — no strings attached.

Want to keep Gold status or earn an even higher status through January 2020?
Earn the following Elite Qualifying Miles (EQMs) and Elite Qualifying Dollars (EQDs) between the date you register and May 15, 2019.

Elite status level - EQMs needed - EQDs needed

Gold 25,000 7,000 $3,000 $850

Platinum 50,000 12,500 $6,000 $1,500

Platinum Pro 75,000 20,500 $9,000 $2,400

Executive Platinum 100,000 35,000 $15,000 $5,000”

There is now second targeted promotional.
Based on reports here, it requires travel by 25 Sep 2019, and provides status through Jan 2021.
Print Wikipost

AA comp interim status + challenge offer / targeted promo 2019

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2019, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by LINDEGR
As I understand it, the Aviator card provides double redeemable miles NOT double EQM. Am I mistaken?
LINDEGR, Good Catch, Thanks. I misspoke. I meant the double miles earned from being an Advantage member when booking a discounted first cabin for EQM (I, D, etc.) I'll go back and edit if it will still let me do so.

Added: Too late to edit --- thanks again for the catch. Folks will read it here hopefully!
Old Sep 13, 2019, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yawn. They do this from time to time. I think the last time was around the beginning of the year.
bse118 and arlflyer like this.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Admirals Club member
I'm reminded on this board that the purpose of the AAdvantage program is not to reward past business;
It's to incent or motivate future business.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 2:27 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by joeyE
I'm reminded on this board that the purpose of the AAdvantage program is not to reward past business;
If you do not reward my current business, why would I give you more in the future?
enviroian likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Except that I have lifetime PLT due to past business
Old Sep 13, 2019, 3:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Often1
Smart move on AA's part.

1. It is cost-free to AA.
2. The metrics for these offers are focused on people AA believes may shift some or all of their spend to AA.
3. AA has access to a great deal more data than just how many flights an individual takes. For example, OP is based in the US. If the SO is too but the business is going to BA & AY, this offer may help move the business over.

Does this hurt the existing pool? Of course it does. UG's & awards are limited and if someone who is a GM is now a Plat, Golds lose out. There are more plats and that means more pax chasing the same UG's.
In the case of the BA and AY, the JV provides for revenue sharing on the TATL flights, so no gain there for AA from a business perspective. But otherwise I agree with your assessment.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 4:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Tit, Hyatt Diamond, AA EXP, UA Silver, IHG Plat
Just to chime in, in the last three months I’ve received three AA status challenges:

1) Direct Offer
2) Hyatt
3) Founders Card

I’ll make PlatPro and will use cc spend to help with EQD next year.

I was former EXP, but this is a little ridiculous.

Last edited by drewp123; Sep 14, 2019 at 12:44 am
Old Sep 13, 2019, 4:55 pm

I know it hurts those who actually fly but don't worry - IME these mailers are soo random that 90% of the people who got them won't care to register or know what they mean, the remaining 10% who register ... less than 1% will actually take a flight. And then there's the whole issue of understanding how upgrades work and how to properly request upgrades. In other words, this is as good as the Bed, Bath, and Beyond mailers I get every week.
drewp123 likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 5:54 pm

Or not.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 6:11 pm

Location: DL: Silver; AA: EX PLAT; UA: Silver; HY: DIA; HH: DIA; MR: TIT
Originally Posted by drewp123
Just to chime in, in the last three months I’ve received three AA status challenge offers:

1) Direct Offer
2) Hyatt
3) Founders Card

I’ll make PlatPro and will use cc spend to help with EQD next year.

I was former EXP, but this is a little ridiculous.
Founders Card???
Old Sep 13, 2019, 7:25 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA almost MM
Pretty smart on AA part. Since I received an offer for plt, I have spent over $1500 on AA that I wouldn't have spent. I may spend more next year. Without that offer, AA would get zero from me. The benefits I received are all sunk costs. Got upgraded twice. Both times the F cabin was 50% full. Get to board early, no added costs to AA.

this is a sweet offer for me as I been want to finish the 1mm on AA. this is just an added push.

A business needs to get enough revenue to stay in business to take care of it's best customers. I am not the best customer but I am revenue.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
This is like a teaser rate. Most of these people won't have status beyond the limited period granted. Heck most might not even fly during the period.
Exactly this.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 12:48 am

Programs: Marriott Tit, Hyatt Diamond, AA EXP, UA Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by LINDEGR
Founders Card???
Here’s their main site: https://founderscard.com/
and a quick overview: https://milestomemories.boardingarea...-review-guide/

The UPS, AT&T and Stripe benefits more than paid for my membership. They also offer discounted hotel rates and a variety of perks that may be of interest.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 12:59 am

How is the person supposed to earn that many miles by Sep 25, 2 weeks away?
For this person it works out cause there was already a flight, but for a person who wasn't planning to fly?
Old Sep 14, 2019, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by s0ssos
How is the person supposed to earn that many miles by Sep 25, 2 weeks away?
For this person it works out cause there was already a flight, but for a person who wasn't planning to fly?
Was going to say the same thing...for a trial/challenge the dates look mixed up and/or just a typo for the "qualification" period. Today is Sep 14, your status is good though Dec 13 but you must register AND complete the challenge requirement before Sep 25 makes no sense.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.