Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Tripcase No Longer Including AA Itineraries? (14 Mar 2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tripcase No Longer Including AA Itineraries? (14 Mar 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2017, 9:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Noticed this not working as well on new link a booking requests made on AA.COM

Still works from my work agency ones as they are Sabre but no longer see the e-ticket in documents though I can see the documents itin which still has ticket numbers and pending segments (eg systemwide or mileage upgrades)
Old Apr 2, 2017, 6:32 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Not all my reservations made on aa.com allow me to print my receipt from aa.com (the confirming emails do have ticket numbers); so besides checking that SWUs were correctly wait listed TRIPCASE gave me ticket#s and SWU status ALL in one spot^.
PS: I've now used up all 4 of my SWUs, so TRIPCASE is currently not needed for checking SWU wait listing.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by nrr
Not all my reservations made on aa.com allow me to print my receipt from aa.com (the confirming emails do have ticket numbers); so besides checking that SWUs were correctly wait listed TRIPCASE gave me ticket#s and SWU status ALL in one spot^.
PS: I've now used up all 4 of my SWUs, so TRIPCASE is currently not needed for checking SWU wait listing.
For printing receipt, while the reservation is opened on aa.com, open another browser tab with the following link:
https://www.aa.com/reservation/print...raryReceipt.do

I had to do this for award reservations as there is no email/print receipt button on the screen which the paid tickets have.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 11:01 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by vincepoy
For printing receipt, while the reservation is opened on aa.com, open another browser tab with the following link:

I had to do this for award reservations as there is no email/print receipt button on the screen which the paid tickets have.
No need to open another browser tab. Just paste URL in existing window.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 11:33 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE

I just did this on one of my award flights. It does not include the fees. Is that normal?
Old Apr 3, 2017, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by cheltzel
I just did this on one of my award flights. It does not include the fees. Is that normal?
Actually, for mines it does...

On the right hand side under Taxes and Carrier Imposed Fees, Mines shows the Taxes of $11.20

then under the part where it showed the ticket numbers, Tax/Fee/Charge shows 11.20 under and TICKET TOTAL shows 11.20 under it. This is for a domestic coach economy saver ticket at 12,500 miles/$5.60 taxes charged each direction so the round trip ticket is 25,000 miles/$11.20 taxes.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by seawolf
No need to open another browser tab. Just paste URL in existing window.
Never tried it without opening another browser tab since someone earlier in this thread mentioned the method. I'm sure as long as the site was opened and didn't timeout due to inactivity, it will still work.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 5:19 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Never tried it without opening another browser tab since someone earlier in this thread mentioned the method. I'm sure as long as the site was opened and didn't timeout due to inactivity, it will still work.
That was me. Another way is open the itinerary and then just click the link above.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 10:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by nrr

This was my reason too. Thanks for all the tips...why does AA make the simple things so hard to do?
Old Apr 5, 2017, 6:37 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by worldiswide
This was my reason too. Thanks for all the tips...why does AA make the simple things so hard to do?
I don't think they've chosen to make it hard to do. They've just had a chronic underinvestment in their IT infrastructure. Upgrades, either using instruments or money, is a place where UA really outperforms AA.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 6:59 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by deeruck
I don't think they've chosen to make it hard to do. They've just had a chronic underinvestment in their IT infrastructure. Upgrades, either using instruments or money, is a place where UA really outperforms AA.
It may seem that way know but immediately after the UA/CO merger (or maybe better describes as the CO hostile takeover of UA), the state of the combined IT was truly terrible for some time. IMO the combined AA/US IT has been much smoother.

Not saying that the current AA IT could not be improved. It obviously could be.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 7:13 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Deleted by op

Last edited by beachfan; Apr 14, 2017 at 7:25 pm
Old Apr 19, 2017, 5:26 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by nrr
The TripCase e-ticket display includes booking code per segment and more detailed information on taxes and airline-imposed fees, which was very helpful.

Thanks, that's helpful. Not as much detail on taxes and fees, but it does show the booking code for each segment.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
I've noticed that, in addition to not being able to link any PNRs created by AA after about February, I am unable to see newly issued e-tickets for previously-liked PNRs (e.g., when a schedule change causes a new ticket to be issued on an old PNR).

I have no insight into who pays what, but I also have to wonder if perhaps AA doesn't want people being able to see details of e-tickets? The TripCase eticket display is more detailed than what AA shows. The lack of detail makes it impossible to verify that AA correctly calculated EQM, EQD, and RDM.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 6:05 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Former EXP/Current PLT / Total Rewards - Diamond / Hilton HHonors - Gold
Originally Posted by anabolism
I've noticed that, in addition to not being able to link any PNRs created by AA after about February, I am unable to see newly issued e-tickets for previously-liked PNRs (e.g., when a schedule change causes a new ticket to be issued on an old PNR).

I have no insight into who pays what, but I also have to wonder if perhaps AA doesn't want people being able to see details of e-tickets? The TripCase eticket display is more detailed than what AA shows. The lack of detail makes it impossible to verify that AA correctly calculated EQM, EQD, and RDM.
I re-issued a ticket that was already in TripCase yesterday due to a schedule change. It still shows up under 'Arranger Itinerary" and shows the updated ticket issue date and waitlisted SWU, as well as the new set of flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.