Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Tripcase No Longer Including AA Itineraries? (14 Mar 2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tripcase No Longer Including AA Itineraries? (14 Mar 2017)

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2017, 6:55 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by skunker
True, and it was that way before tripcase with virtuallythere. As JonNYC stated, tripcase is included with Sabre access. This is a conscious effort by AA to block the functionality.
This is a conclusion some have drawn, personally, I see no support for it at this juncture aside from a (somewhat) understandable suspicious supposition.
Old May 23, 2017, 2:16 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
any updates on this?
Old May 23, 2017, 4:08 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Globalist
When it takes so long I am more leaning to believe it is an AA's choice.
Old May 23, 2017, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by zig2
When it takes so long I am more leaning to believe it is an AA's choice.
Then again, look how long it took for AA to figure out the alleged glitch in the upgrade system (though I still think they were testing to see how people would react, like I believe they are doing with MileSAAver availability).

This may be simple incompetence or indifference.

Last edited by HofstraJet; May 23, 2017 at 4:16 pm
Old May 30, 2017, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1k, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, X Elite+
Bumping this as I tried to add new travel and hit the same error.

Anyone have an update or replacement?
Old May 30, 2017, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
I've just been doing manual entry, which sucks.
Old May 30, 2017, 5:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Originally Posted by ralphs
I've just been doing manual entry, which sucks.
You can forward an AA.COM itin to [email protected] from a REGISTERED email address and it will auto build the flight info - takes about 2-3 mins for them to process that. You can then also merge other "trips" you forward like car rentals, hotels, etc. Will let you see seatmaps but no AA itin/e-tickets under documents
Old May 30, 2017, 11:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1k, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, X Elite+
Bummer. Where else does one check SWU/cash+copay waitlists having posted?
Old May 30, 2017, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by NickP 1K
You can forward an AA.COM itin to [email protected] from a REGISTERED email address and it will auto build the flight info - takes about 2-3 mins for them to process that. You can then also merge other "trips" you forward like car rentals, hotels, etc. Will let you see seatmaps but no AA itin/e-tickets under documents
This is the way I thought it worked to begin with...forward to [email protected] from an email address registered to your tripcase account all itineraries from all the suppliers aa.com/hotel/car, then combine.... if this method is now working, then doesn't it mean it's now fixed? Or did it used to be simpler than that? am i missing something?
Old May 31, 2017, 10:42 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by LovePrunes
This is the way I thought it worked to begin with...forward to [email protected] from an email address registered to your tripcase account all itineraries from all the suppliers aa.com/hotel/car, then combine.... if this method is now working, then doesn't it mean it's now fixed? Or did it used to be simpler than that? am i missing something?
You used to be able to just type in the PNR and it would import everything direct from Sabre. Much easier that way and it included information not available in the email.
Old May 31, 2017, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
You used to be able to just type in the PNR and it would import everything direct from Sabre. Much easier that way and it included information not available in the email.
Correct - You can forward an AA Itin - but it's NOT a live link - the Add a PNR used to add a live PNR from AA. Now it only works for those on AA where an agency issued the ticket using Sabre (and still works for other partners)

My work agency uses Sabre - so all my AA data shows up if the Agency books it, this includes the e-ticket and the res data.

You are able to go to Documents and see other info:

Clicking Documents shows info like this

Linking a booking from AA would always show the E-Ticket and Arranger Itinerary (latter was a good way to see if an upgrade using instruments/miles had cleared as it would show confirmed vs waitlisted)
Old Jul 8, 2017, 2:53 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, former AA EXP, AS Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Plat.
What was the outcome of this discussion - since TripCase still does not accept linked rez from AA I suspect that AA withdrew from the agreement for some reason??

OTOH - AA's new trip info interface does now show SWU status (as requested or confirmed) in the upgrades section.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 3:39 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by pfbloom
What was the outcome of this discussion - since TripCase still does not accept linked rez from AA I suspect that AA withdrew from the agreement for some reason??

OTOH - AA's new trip info interface does now show SWU status (as requested or confirmed) in the upgrades section.
I believe if you purchase your fare through certain agents you may still be able to see some aspects of yourvrez others can't. See the post immediately above yours for an example.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 3:00 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I doubr very much that AA would be paying Sabre to allow Sabre to offer a service to 3rd parties , but that Sabre and AA would have to agree on how much Sabre will be required to pay to AA , if it wants to use the information

It may also be the case that AA does not want to allow the 3rd party to use the data
I have no insight into the business arrangements between AA and Sabre, however it seems unlikely to me that Sabre would pay AA to be able to display AA-booked trips; what would be Sabre's motive, given that us end users don't pay Sabre, and there are no ads?

Originally Posted by vincepoy
For printing receipt, while the reservation is opened on aa.com, open another browser tab with the following link:
https://www.aa.com/reservation/print...raryReceipt.do

I had to do this for award reservations as there is no email/print receipt button on the screen which the paid tickets have.
That's very handy, but doesn't work for all PNRs. It especially seems to fail on my RTWs (always displaying a generic "Ooops! Something went wrong, please try later" error message).

It included a lot of very useful information, and live updated as flights and schedules changed.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 4:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by anabolism
I have no insight into the business arrangements between AA and Sabre, however it seems unlikely to me that Sabre would pay AA to be able to display AA-booked trips; what would be Sabre's motive, given that us end users don't pay Sabre, and there are no ads?
I would find it even more unlikely that AA would be paying Sabre for Tripcase to show AA itineraries ( which is what I was referring to in relation to earlier reply about AA not payign Sabre)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.