Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Tripcase No Longer Including AA Itineraries? (14 Mar 2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tripcase No Longer Including AA Itineraries? (14 Mar 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2017, 6:44 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by josmul123
I re-issued a ticket that was already in TripCase yesterday due to a schedule change. It still shows up under 'Arranger Itinerary" and shows the updated ticket issue date and waitlisted SWU, as well as the new set of flights.
Do you see the new e-ticket under "Documents"? That's what I'm saying is missing for my trips. (The "Arranger Itinerary" is still there, and still updates live.)
Old Apr 19, 2017, 6:57 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Former EXP/Current PLT / Total Rewards - Diamond / Hilton HHonors - Gold
Originally Posted by anabolism
Do you see the new e-ticket under "Documents"? That's what I'm saying is missing for my trips. (The "Arranger Itinerary" is still there, and still updates live.)
I'm not sure if this is what you're asking...

But when I look at the "Arranger Itinerary" there are 3 ticket #'s... The original, the auto-rebooked-after-schedule-change one, and the current one.

I never had anything called an "e-ticket" in the documents section, as the only thing I'd added to TripCase was the record locator and my last name.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 9:24 pm

I'm not sure if this is what you're asking...

But when I look at the "Arranger Itinerary" there are 3 ticket #'s... The original, the auto-rebooked-after-schedule-change one, and the current one.

I never had anything called an "e-ticket" in the documents section, as the only thing I'd added to TripCase was the record locator and my last name.
In TripCase, under "Documents," there is the "Arranger Itinerary," and in the past, the actual e-tickets showed there. It was very nice, as you could see all e-tickets issued from the itinerary. These e-tickets showed each segment, the booking code, the taxes/fees detailed breakdown, etc. For example, an AA segment booked in business but upgraded to first using an AA SWU would show as being booked in A with a fare basis of "D/VIP." This is quite separate from the e-ticket number that appears in the "Arranger Itinerary." This was a very detailed view of the actual e-ticket. The fact that you do not see any e-tickets under "Documents" confirms what I've said.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 9:37 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Former EXP/Current PLT / Total Rewards - Diamond / Hilton HHonors - Gold
In TripCase, under "Documents," there is the "Arranger Itinerary," and in the past, the actual e-tickets showed there. It was very nice, as you could see all e-tickets issued from the itinerary. These e-tickets showed each segment, the booking code, the taxes/fees detailed breakdown, etc. For example, an AA segment booked in business but upgraded to first using an AA SWU would show as being booked in A with a fare basis of "D/VIP." This is quite separate from the e-ticket number that appears in the "Arranger Itinerary." This was a very detailed view of the actual e-ticket. The fact that you do not see any e-tickets under "Documents" confirms what I've said.
However, I've never seen that. How was that previously added? When I added these PNR's to TripCase back in January, I never saw this.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 10:11 pm

However, I've never seen that. How was that previously added? When I added these PNR's to TripCase back in January, I never saw this.
It is a feature of TripCase that, for linked PNRs, the e-tickets show up under "Documents" if permitted by the issuing airline.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 11:20 am

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
It is a feature of TripCase that, for linked PNRs, the e-tickets show up under "Documents" if permitted by the issuing airline.
On ticket re-issue these show up even if AA did the reissue (e.g. upgrades with miles or SWU) for the itins my agency books with Sabre. Shame my personal ones don't still
Old Apr 20, 2017, 2:33 pm
Aman Contributor Badge

Big

Tried to unlink and re link an award ticket on a partner that was exchanged and now I can't link my booking.

Originally started using tripcase because of my virtuoso TA, then discovered the effectiveness of linking e-tickets. Now, back to square one. Why, AA, why?
Old Apr 20, 2017, 6:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Originally Posted by Cityflyer10
Big

Tried to unlink and re link an award ticket on a partner that was exchanged and now I can't link my booking.

Originally started using tripcase because of my virtuoso TA, then discovered the effectiveness of linking e-tickets. Now, back to square one. Why, AA, why?
Wondering if AA had to pay Sabre for this at all? Odd that it's their native booking engine and it's now gone.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 6:56 pm
Suspended

I'm told that Sabre doesn't charge for the basic version of tripcase, so, some other cause.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 6:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by JonNYC
I'm told that Sabre doesn't charge for the basic version of tripcase, so, some other cause.
Any updates, Jon? Seems like this was an AA-driven decision.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 8:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ralphs
Any updates, Jon? Seems like this was an AA-driven decision.
Unfortunately, not at this time, hope to have some good news soon.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 10:54 pm

I've sent DM's to the AA twitter team asking them to escalate this up the food chain. Suggest others do the same - may not change the decision but MAY get some voices heard.

I'd be fine in my AA profile having a security setting to "share reservations with 3rd parties" if the concern is security.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 4:00 pm

Programs: UA & AA 1 million miler
I just booked AAV package and noticed I'm still able to link my reservation this way.
I got an extra info about AAV on top.
Attached Images  
Old Apr 30, 2017, 7:21 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Sabre PNRs created by agencies are fine even if they contain only AA flights.
Old May 1, 2017, 5:47 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by seawolf
Sabre PNRs created by agencies are fine even if they contain only AA flights.
True, and it was that way before tripcase with virtuallythere. As JonNYC stated, tripcase is included with Sabre access. This is a conscious effort by AA to block the functionality.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.