Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Tripcase No Longer Including AA Itineraries? (14 Mar 2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tripcase No Longer Including AA Itineraries? (14 Mar 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2017, 7:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by skunker
No, not that way.

1) go to AA.com and open the trip in question
2) in another tab copy and paste the following https://www.aa.com/reservation/print...raryReceipt.do

See if that works.
Did not work for me.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by nelsinho
Did not work for me.
You need the eticket number in order to use it.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 11:02 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by vincepoy
You need the eticket number in order to use it.
Not for my method.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
Originally Posted by MrJBoy
I tweeted @TripCase and got a reply this morning.
They are working on a fix to the bug.
I tweeted them twice - no reply. Nice that they answered you
Old Mar 24, 2017, 8:29 am

Programs: AA EXP
No, not that way.

1) go to AA.com and open the trip in question
2) in another tab copy and paste the following https://www.aa.com/reservation/print...raryReceipt.do

See if that works.
No, it didn't. It displayed a printable version of the flight information and receipt but nothing related to the SWU waitlist.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 5:10 pm

Not for my method.
Didn't realize your method was different. Thanks for your method since my ticket(s) are on award travel with no status so any receipt provided by aa.com other than your method is usually useless. The one you provided is good except it doesn't mention the one piece per passenger free baggage allowance which is only in e-mail but it does have the updated flight # and time for the flight that got changed. I noticed on a non-award PNR, using the View Receipt which is on the same row as change seats would go to the exact same info as your method. The award PNR lacks that option on the screen and this is where your method is useful.

Last edited by vincepoy; Mar 26, 2017 at 12:33 pm
Old Mar 28, 2017, 7:30 am
Original Poster

Any updates from tripcase or AA?
Old Mar 31, 2017, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by jay_dubya
This is the message I got when I logged in and tried to add an upcoming AA trip to my trips:

Oops, there’s a problem.

You cannot link this booking because this airline does not have a TripCase partnership agreement.

All my old trips show up; just can't add any new ones. Very disappointing. Is there other alternatives to see SWU upgrade requests and stuff?
Old Mar 31, 2017, 6:14 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
I think this is the update. Despite what was mentioned above I don't think it is a bug.

You cannot link this booking because this airline does not have a TripCase partnership agreement.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by seawolf
I think this is the update. Despite what was mentioned above I don't think it is a bug.

I suspect you're right - LCC dba AA doesn't want to pay Sabre
Old Mar 31, 2017, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Got confirmation from tripcase today - they don't have an agreement.
Attached Images  
Old Mar 31, 2017, 1:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I suspect you're right - LCC dba AA doesn't want to pay Sabre
Um, if it is just money based, surely you mean that Tripcase does not want to pay what AA wants. Why would AA be preapred to pay anything for a 3rd party to access its records
Old Mar 31, 2017, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Um, if it is just money based, surely you mean that Tripcase does not want to pay what AA wants. Why would AA be preapred to pay anything for a 3rd party to access its records
Tripcase is part of Sabre - aa already pays them for every reservation. They're not a random 3rd party. One of the services sabre offers is Tripcase.
Old Mar 31, 2017, 3:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Tripcase is part of Sabre - aa already pays them for every reservation. They're not a random 3rd party. One of the services sabre offers is Tripcase.
I doubr very much that AA would be paying Sabre to allow Sabre to offer a service to 3rd parties , but that Sabre and AA would have to agree on how much Sabre will be required to pay to AA , if it wants to use the information

It may also be the case that AA does not want to allow the 3rd party to use the data
Old Mar 31, 2017, 9:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
It seems that the main reason people used Tripcase was to check if SWUs were properly waitlisted, at least that was my reason and there are several mentions to the same in this thread. I, like others in this thread ran into the error adding an AA reservation to tripcase, but also at the same time I noticed last week that my SWU request showed as "requested" on aa.com which surprised me as that had not been my experience previously. A FWIW I did clear and after it cleared the reservation showed 'confirmed'.

So perhaps AA got their IT team upgraded to a mid-1990s level of competency and has disintermediated the need for tripcase?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.