Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Guide to Flagship Lounge Access (expanded 2017) thru 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Guide to Flagship Lounge Access (expanded 2017) thru 2018

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2018, 11:39 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
The AA Flagship Lounge page doesn't specify, but oneworld lounge access rules require all guests to also be on a oneworld flight...
Sure it does, as I quoted above from the Flagship Lounge page on aa.com. AA Rules supersede oneworld rules in this case. See below:
Attached Images  
Old Apr 26, 2018, 10:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Plat, Marriott Plat,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat
Just to confirm, access to Flagship Lounge both ways in LAX at start of journey and connecting in MIA will be granted on the following itinerary:

LAX-PHL-MIA-PTY in MIA, all flights show as business/First. Return PTY-MIA-IAH-LAX, same classes of service. I do have an overnight in PHL but that shouldn't matter I'd assume for LAX access as its on the same ticket, but maybe. I'll be trying out the Centurion in IAH on return too which is a nice option, just a bit of a journey at the airport.
Old May 4, 2018, 12:27 pm
sgh
Suspended

Programs: AA 2 MM, AA Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
I am AA Platinum. My wife and I will be flying MIA-LAX-SYD and SYD-LAX-MIA . We will be in Domestic First Class MIA-LAX and LAX-MIA. We will be in Business Class LAX-SYD and SYD-LAX.

Will be both get access to Flagship Lounge at MIA and LAX on the outbound and return trips? On the return trip we will be connecting from an International flight to a domestic flight and I am not sure if that gives us FL access or Admirals Club access.
Old May 4, 2018, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by sgh
I am AA Platinum. My wife and I will be flying MIA-LAX-SYD and SYD-LAX-MIA . We will be in Domestic First Class MIA-LAX and LAX-MIA. We will be in Business Class LAX-SYD and SYD-LAX.

Will be both get access to Flagship Lounge at MIA and LAX on the outbound and return trips? On the return trip we will be connecting from an International flight to a domestic flight and I am not sure if that gives us FL access or Admirals Club access.
Yep, you can access the FL at MIA and LAX both ways.
Old May 4, 2018, 1:28 pm
sgh
Suspended

Programs: AA 2 MM, AA Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Thanks a lot @JJeffrey.
Old May 7, 2018, 4:47 pm

Programs: SWA- A pref
Best family access options

I’m a newly minted EXP, traveling to EU for work in June. DH is bringing the kids on the 2nd week on milesaver awards. I’ve linked our tickets as I’m on the same return although I’m in Biz. I know I can guest one person in with me @ LHR. We will have our 3 kids (18, 13 & 11). We have credit cards with lounge access or PP, no one else has any status. would be willing to buy something...curious as to our best option.

We are also Land @ JFK at 10:30pm and depart the next day at 5am. Are there any lounge options so we don’t have to leave the airport?

finally, since they are on milesavers, there is no way to upgrade any of them, correct?

Excited that I was able to buy their whole trip for 60k per person! Saved us $8K! Flying into MUC, so avoid the LHR fees at least one way.

Thanks!
Old May 7, 2018, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by jlgab345
I’m a newly minted EXP, traveling to EU for work in June. DH is bringing the kids on the 2nd week on milesaver awards. I’ve linked our tickets as I’m on the same return although I’m in Biz. I know I can guest one person in with me @ LHR. We will have our 3 kids (18, 13 & 11). We have credit cards with lounge access or PP, no one else has any status. would be willing to buy something...curious as to our best option.

We are also Land @ JFK at 10:30pm and depart the next day at 5am. Are there any lounge options so we don’t have to leave the airport?

finally, since they are on milesavers, there is no way to upgrade any of them, correct?

I assume you're connecting to an AA flight on your return at LHR? If so, you will not be able to get everyone into the Admirals Club (let alone the LHR first class lounge)- just you + 1 guest given EXP status. There are a couple of PP lounges in Terminal 3. I don't know which card you have, but some have guest restrictions (my Amex Platinum only allows 2 guests).

JFK has one Admirals Club in T8 which is open until 1am. Again, your problem is the access, since you'd only be allowed 1 guest.

You could consider getting an admirals club membership, which would allow your entire family access at any club (well, I think the rules say family with children up to 18, but I suspect you'd get everyone in).

And you're right- no upgrades.
Old May 7, 2018, 6:04 pm

Programs: SWA- A pref
Originally Posted by dave_261
I assume you're connecting to an AA flight on your return at LHR? If so, you will not be able to get everyone into the Admirals Club (let alone the LHR first class lounge)- just you + 1 guest given EXP status. There are a couple of PP lounges in Terminal 3. I don't know which card you have, but some have guest restrictions (my Amex Platinum only allows 2 guests).

JFK has one Admirals Club in T8 which is open until 1am. Again, your problem is the access, since you'd only be allowed 1 guest.

You could consider getting an admirals club membership, which would allow your entire family access at any club (well, I think the rules say family with children up to 18, but I suspect you'd get everyone in).

And you're right- no upgrades.
we are on AA metal LHR>JFK>CLT>SAT. If I buy an Admirals club membership, will my family be able to use the lounge without me in PHL on their outbound? No status, without me & in economy?

could we get into OW lounges in LHR with that or just the AA lounge? I much prefer the Cathay lounge....
Old May 7, 2018, 6:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP

we are on AA metal LHR>JFK>CLT>SAT. If I buy an Admirals club membership, will my family be able to use the lounge without me in PHL on their outbound? No status, without me & in economy?

could we get into OW lounges in LHR with that or just the AA lounge? I much prefer the Cathay lounge....

If you get an Admirals Club membership by itself, your family won't be able to have access to the AC without you. Unless you get a family membership, which is quite expensive.

If you're OK opening a credit card, the AA Executive World Elite MasterCard comes with a full Admirals Club membership for you, and you can add your spouse as an authorized user. Your spouse won't have their own membership, but WILL be able to access the Admirals Club (and bring your children in as guests) when presenting the credit card. It has an annual fee of $450, which is the same as the discounted cost for a new membership for an Executive Platinum.

And the Admirals Club in LHR is quite nice.

You and one guest could access the other OW lounges in Terminal 3. I guess if you really wanted to, you could guest your spouse into the CX lounge, one child into the QF lounge, one into the BA lounge, and one into the Admirals Club. Although I imagine that would be not particularly responsible parenting!
Old May 7, 2018, 6:55 pm

No. If you have the membership in your name, you would need to be with them. If you have time and are inclined, you could get the Citi Advantage Executive Mastercard. It has a $450 annual fee, but includes Admirals Club membership for you and any authorized cardholders.

Lounge access at LHR would be the same for any of the Oneworld lounges. As an EXP you'd get to bring one guest in with you.
Old May 7, 2018, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Yep, you can access the FL at MIA and LAX both ways.
What's your reason for saying there will be FL (or AC) access in MIA at the very end of the trip, with no onward flight? I agree this is likely to work, but is there evidence we can cite of policy or practice? Here it was asserted for a very similar question that there is no written basis for access without an onward flight.
Old May 17, 2018, 3:00 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by golfingboy
Yes - and even OW Sapphire members flying internationally or domestically on AA gets access (non-AA OW elites).

It will no longer be an exclusive lounge of some sort unfortunately.
I am confused? I am an AA Platinum and a QF Gold (Sapphire). I am also a lifetime AAdmirals Club member.

I was flying from ORD to STL. When I checked in to the AA desk at ORD, I had them put in my QF number and was given a black card for access to the somewhat fancy Flagship Lounge.

I thought this was a mistake as I thought OW Sapphire only provides access to Business Class lounges.

So, AA flying AA domestically, AA Platinum wouldn't get me into the FL. Lifetime AAdmirals Club wouldn't get me into the FL. But QF Gold would get me in?

AA< please re-open ta FL in BOS!!!

BTW, I thought the Kith & Kin Cabernet was Very good (4.3stars/ $30.83 bottle) and was very surprised to find Pahlmeyer Chardonnay (4.4 stars / $75/bottle).

Old May 17, 2018, 3:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG / Marriott GLD, HHonors GLD
Originally Posted by nologic
I am confused? I am an AA Platinum and a QF Gold (Sapphire). I am also a lifetime AAdmirals Club member.

I was flying from ORD to STL. When I checked in to the AA desk at ORD, I had them put in my QF number and was given a black card for access to the somewhat fancy Flagship Lounge.

I thought this was a mistake as I thought OW Sapphire only provides access to Business Class lounges.

So, AA flying AA domestically, AA Platinum wouldn't get me into the FL. Lifetime AAdmirals Club wouldn't get me into the FL. But QF Gold would get me in?

AA< please re-open ta FL in BOS!!!

BTW, I thought the Kith & Kin Cabernet was Very good (4.3stars/ $30.83 bottle) and was very surprised to find Pahlmeyer Chardonnay (4.4 stars / $75/bottle).

The Flagship Lounge (FL) is AA's international business class lounge. AA does not admit its own elites on domestic itineraries to lounges at all. But it is part of OW, so it has to admit non-AA OWS passengers (just like CX or QF or BA do for AA elites traveling in their respective hubs). AA has FL open at LAX, ORD, MIA, and JFK. Then there is one under construction at DFW and two planned, one at PHL and one at LHR. They will not be putting one in (nor have they ever had one) at BOS.You can access Admirals Clubs at all airports without FL by showing your QF Gold card.
Old May 17, 2018, 3:55 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by lds89
The Flagship Lounge (FL) is AA's international business class lounge. AA does not admit its own elites on domestic itineraries to lounges at all. But it is part of OW, so it has to admit non-AA OWS passengers (just like CX or QF or BA do for AA elites traveling in their respective hubs). AA has FL open at LAX, ORD, MIA, and JFK. Then there is one under construction at DFW and two planned, one at PHL and one at LHR. They will not be putting one in (nor have they ever had one) at BOS.You can access Admirals Clubs at all airports without FL by showing your QF Gold card.
There was a terrific FL tucked away inside the AAdmirals Club in Boston, open to non-AA OW Emeralds and first class pax to LAX and LHR .

No more. Now just a couple of premium drink chits.

As for the FL in ORD, I was very surprised to find such good wines, especially now that you calling it a business class lounge .not sure there area many business class lounges w such good/ expensive wines .
Old May 19, 2018, 8:46 am

I heard CX F pax get access to Flagship dining at the JFK Flagship lounge.
Is this also true for arriving pax from CX F?
Specifically, I’m flying CX888 YVR-JFK in F and then connecting to an AA domestic flight (in Y) a few hours afterwards.
I’m wondering if I would be able to access Flagship dining during my connection.
Thank you-

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.