Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: AA Awards on Cathay Pacific (2016)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: AA Awards on Cathay Pacific (2016)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2016, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by JonNYC
I booked several CX tix this morning and all ticketed a little over an hour, but showed as "On Request" right up until the time they did.

EY ones still just showing as "On Request" (yes, w/ the "please call in to finish reservation" language.)
Thanks Jon. Hmm, it's been about 8 hours since I booked and nothing yet...am I safe? Or should I call? I have a PNR and this is for a flight for Feb 2017.

Mine has the same language as the EY ones "On Request, please call etc."
Old Mar 21, 2016, 2:18 pm

I'm looking to travel to Asia in December. This is the schedule that I came out with.

12/13: Depart CMH
12/13: Seoul
12/20: HK
12/29: Taiwan
1/4: NARITA
1/9: HOME

I originally wanted to do SEOUL --> TOKYO --> HK --> TAIWAN --> HK --> US but it seems like it's nearly impossible to find any flights back from HK to the US. I'll spend 50k going to Seoul and 50K from Narita to CMH. Anything else between I'll figure that out later. How does that look so far? First time traveling on AA points.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 2:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ang2383
...Hmm, it's been about 8 hours since I booked and nothing yet...am I safe? Or should I call? I have a PNR and this is for a flight for Feb 2017.
I'll confess that I asked them to check a few hours ago while I was calling in to make a different reservation and they said "yep, all set up for ticketing" So, I can't pretend I wasn't concerned. Was actually a bit surprised when the e-tickets came flooding in soon thereafter.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by JonNYC
I'll confess that I asked them to check a few hours ago while I was calling in to make a different reservation and they said "yep, all set up for ticketing" So, I can't pretend I wasn't concerned. Was actually a bit surprised when the e-tickets came flooding in soon thereafter.
Just received mine a few minutes ago. Booked last night (~15 hrs ago) for a July flight.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
Originally Posted by ang2383
Anyone that booked today ticket yet? I'm guessing since everyone is trying to book today, it might take a while to ticket?
Called in this morning ~9AM Central for a Jan ticket on CX and it's still "on request".
Old Mar 21, 2016, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by JBauer
Been looking for LAX to BKK in J. Looked back from Feb 2017. Had to go to November 2016 to find 2 seats. 5 months back. It will be a crazy day today. As EXP I will just change it to Feb 2017 at some point. Good luck out there.
what does EXP matter? anyone can change the date on a ticket.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Change AND refund without penalty, for EXP.

Last edited by cesco.g; Mar 21, 2016 at 3:59 pm
Old Mar 21, 2016, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by no2chem
Anyone comment on this? The one problem I can see is that your fare basis might be based on the transpacific segment or something? For an EXP, it seems like a no brainer to book a few round trips like this NOW...
I am not an EXP. Also the agent volunteered that if CX F opens up, I should be able to switch as I would be entitled for that, she said. I thanked her for volunteering that info. It's been done before I suppose. This should not trigger the repricing.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
Originally Posted by gtu2004
I am not an EXP. Also the agent volunteered that if CX F opens up, I should be able to switch as I would be entitled for that, she said. I thanked her for volunteering that info. It's been done before I suppose. This should not trigger the repricing.
Cool, I guess that was confirmed by the VFTW post and JonNYC's post that I failed to read.

Also, I just called and was expecting to voluntarily downgrade to J, but the agent (much to my surprise) found availability in F... this was in October.... so it's out there!...
Old Mar 21, 2016, 4:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP (owe), BA Silver (ows), AB Silver (owr), WN A+/CP, IHG Spire AMB, Avis First
also, all of this has me left thinking...

CX award availability till next year is going to be completely random due to all of this speculative booking and cancel/rebook...

Last edited by no2chem; Mar 21, 2016 at 4:30 pm
Old Mar 21, 2016, 4:40 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Pt, CBP Global Entry
Originally Posted by lad2
Called in this morning ~9AM Central for a Jan ticket on CX and it's still "on request".
I have the same problem too. Is yours still "On request"? I called in Jan and changed my travel date and it has been on request since then. I just called AA and she said it was put thru incorrectly in Jan. She told me I should the ticketed email soon. I booked the another ticket on CX yesterday for next year and got the eticket email this morning.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 4:42 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Does going from LAX-PVG-HKG on AA+Dragonair to LAX-HKG on CX incur an award change (and therefore a redeposit and need to pay the new mileage award)? Totally confused by how it works.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

CX award availability till next year is going to be completely random due to all of this speculative booking and cancel/rebook...
dont forget that anyone who can book F now is only 1F.

It would not change the dynamic unless CX cut back on 4 class service.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 5:03 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;

Agree.

Availability should be getting better now that this rush is "almost" over, if CX holds steady of its policy. I see silver-lining of this AA price increase.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 5:06 pm

I just released a CX F seat from HKG-US in August. DM me if you want to know the date (not looking for anything, just don't want the first person who wants it to have it)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.