Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: AA Awards on Cathay Pacific (2015)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: AA Awards on Cathay Pacific (2015)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2015, 1:35 pm

Couldn't it have been done with a US Airways award? Not sure about the machinations to make that work with Aadvantage miles.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by bmchris
Couldn't it have been done with a US Airways award? Not sure about the machinations to make that work with Aadvantage miles.
There are no longer any US Air award rules. All AA/US awards will use AA award rules, since all miles are now AAdvantage miles.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 4:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Lumpylump76
There are no longer any US Air award rules. All AA/US awards will use AA award rules, since all miles are now AAdvantage miles.
Exactly. And 2 awards it is.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 4:51 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA , SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, United, Aeroplan, Hyatt Plat
what is going on with Cathay last couple weeks? it seems like they are not releasing any seats. i been checking HKG-LAX super last min like 24-48 hours before and seems like no seats. is it just this time of the year?
Old Apr 25, 2015, 6:50 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
I had no problem finding J seats 10-11 months out LAX-PEK and PVG-SFO or LAX. But I wanted F seats. Those became available on all of our flights just about 7 months out. I snapped them up. Use either KVS Tool using the JL method or BA.com. While I saw them on JL & BA, they were not available to AA agents until about 2 days later. I was sweating it in the meantime. You really have to check every day and act fast.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 4:15 am

Programs: Eurobonus Silver
I've managed to find the flights I want to book (ICN-HKG in biz, HKG-FRA in first CX, then FRA-LHR-BGO in biz with BA). Plenty of avail since I'm very flexible on my dates.
Since I've only found them on the BA site, I have to know how many AA miles this will cost me as I need to buy some additional miles.

Looking at AA it only says travelling Europe to Asia (or the other way around) will be 70 000, so my dumb noob question is: Will it be the 70 000 regardless of how many connections?
Old Apr 26, 2015, 9:27 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, United
Sitrus:Yes 1 award as long as they are "connections" and not "stops". Keep moving every 23hrs and 59 mins and you are good.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 9:33 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by pssteve
Sitrus:Yes 1 award as long as they are "connections" and not "stops". Keep moving every 23hrs and 59 mins and you are good.
With the very important caveat that there are fare-rule conditions-- I wouldn't agree at all with the statement: "Keep moving every 23hrs and 59 mins and you are good."

Definitely more complicated that that if one is trying to check if an award between any 2 Cities is one award or not.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 10:29 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Depends on fare rules and MPM. For example, several years ago when QF was still operating SIN-LHR, HKG-SIN-LHR-DUS couldn't be priced for 70K while HKG-SIN-LHR-FRA could.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 12:15 pm

Programs: free agent
I grabbed HND-HKG (overnight in HKG) HKG-ORD F yesterday morning but I'm getting concerned here with "on request" status for more than 24 hours. AA agent say not worry about it but I would hate to lose those seats in process.

Speak of HND-HKG hop, it's a CX 747 and seems still sell F seats. Any knowledge if CX plan to park this old bird?
Old Apr 26, 2015, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by washeelers747
I grabbed HND-HKG (overnight in HKG) HKG-ORD F yesterday morning but I'm getting concerned here with "on request" status for more than 24 hours. AA agent say not worry about it but I would hate to lose those seats in process.

Speak of HND-HKG hop, it's a CX 747 and seems still sell F seats. Any knowledge if CX plan to park this old bird?
Don't worry. Award reservations on partner carriers are reviewed by a liaison. I was told they do not work on weekends. When I had a similar situation to yours, mine was finally ticketed on Tuesday morning.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 1:22 pm

Programs: free agent
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Don't worry. Award reservations on partner carriers are reviewed by a liaison. I was told they do not work on weekends. When I had a similar situation to yours, mine was finally ticketed on Tuesday morning.
Whew! Thank you for sharing good news (I'm new to AA and will remember this advice for future award bookings).
Old Apr 27, 2015, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by washeelers747

Curious, did they sell it to you at the 62.5k price for Japan-US or did you have to pay two awards 40k (JP-HK) + 67.5k (HK-US)?
Old Apr 27, 2015, 7:55 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by OptionsCLE
Curious, did they sell it to you at the 62.5k price for Japan-US or did you have to pay two awards 40k (JP-HK) + 67.5k (HK-US)?
Could even be the hold-up as that's definitely 2 awards.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by frankpark9
what is going on with Cathay last couple weeks? it seems like they are not releasing any seats. i been checking HKG-LAX super last min like 24-48 hours before and seems like no seats. is it just this time of the year?
I'm seeing the same thing too, checking HKG-JFK and other NA gateways for the last few weeks. It's making me nervous to hope for last minute award availability in August as I am planning to book a future dummy date and change to the date that I prefer close-in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.