Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide to Admirals Club Food / Snack & Beverage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 12, 2016, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DenverBrian
The Consolidated Admirals Club Food and Beverage thread
Including F&B policies, offerings, etc.
For 2016 onward, we have combined the "State of the Soup" and "Drink and Spirits" threads into one F&B thread.

NOTE: Link to Flagship Dining

Food policy and offerings

New offerings in certain locations:
  • Fresh, made-to-order guacamole
  • Premium coffee, espresso & lattes
Morning:
  • Hard-boiled eggs & spice bar
  • Oatmeal, cereal & spices
  • Assorted fruit & yogurt
  • Bagels & breakfast breads
Afternoon:
  • Hearty soups
  • Fresh & healthy grain salads
  • Vegetables, hummus & cheese
  • Cookies & brownies
All hours:
Fruit, snack mix,
Food for sale
Guacamole made to order (as of July 15, 2016)

Some clubs now feature a complimentary made-to-order guacamole bar in the afternoons.

Ingredients from which to chose:
  • avocado
  • tomatoes
  • onions
  • jalapeño or serrano (location-dependent)
  • lime
  • garlic
  • cilantro
  • salsa (at some locations)
  • corn salsa
  • salt and pepper
Status per club:
  • ATL - not available [current as of December 28, 2016]
  • BOS - (started 9 Dec 2016)
  • CLT B - not available
  • CLT C/D - hours 4pm-7pm Mon-Fri, Sat-Sun ???
  • DCA (Pier B) - hours 4pm-7pm Wed-Fri ONLY (confirmed 12-19-2017)
  • DCA (Pier C) - hours 4pm-7pm Mon-Fri, 1pm-4pm Sun (not available Sat per new signage 9/15/17)
  • DEN - not available
  • DFW B - hours Mon-Sat 3pm-6pm
  • DFW C - hours Mon-Sun 4pm-7pm
  • DFW D - hours Mon-Sun 4pm-7pm
  • JFK C - (observed multiple occasions)
  • LAX (observed 08 Dec 2016)
  • LGA - (observed March 2017) - hours unknown
  • MIA D30 - (observed 10 Jan 2017)
  • ORD G - (observed 19 Dec 2016)
  • PHL B/C - (observed 27 Dec 2016, 1 Jan 2017 until about 6pm)
  • PHX - (observed 10 Dec 2016)
  • RDU - not available
  • SFO - (observed 4 January 2017)
  • STL - not available
Updated by scottmlew
Beverage policy and offerings
  • Complimentary juices, soft drinks
    • Complimentary "lower shelf" alcoholic beverages
      • Complimentary premium drinks (chits): oneworld elites or in F, J on qualifying flights
        • For sale: "top shelf" alcoholic beverages, bottles of water to Admirals Club members
"House drinks" (lower shelf alcoholic and soft drinks, juices) are complimentary.

Premium drinks (including bottled water, handled by issuing bar chits) are:
  • complimentary for those with status or class of cabin that allows oneworld lounge access (see oneworld lounge access rules - link), or
    • available for sale for Admirals Club members and others accessing Admirals Clubs but not in the above categories.
See Admirals Club Treasure Hunt (drink chit / chits / coupons, etc.) master thread 2016+

Link to archived Admirals Club Dinks and Spirits thread

Link to archived "State of the Soup" thread

Updated 27 Jan 2027 - JDiver
Print Wikipost

Guide to Admirals Club Food / Snack & Beverage

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2018, 4:46 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
Was in a bit of celebratory mood on Friday, so I decided to buy a mini of the Mionetto prosecco at the AC in BOS. At $14 for a mini bottle, I really wish AA would improve the "premium" spirits for purchase. The prosecco is fine for what it is; however, both DL and UA offer more premium options and at $14 for a mini, when a 750 ml bottle retails for about that, I will not be making that mistake again any time soon.
I hate to say this, but the Mionetto goes for $8.89 at our local Costco

Although, at that price, it "seems" like a good use of a drink chit when available.
CHOPCHOP767 likes this.
Old May 19, 2018, 4:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
I will upload a photo later, but wanted to report that the pasta bar is available at ORD AC HK tonight. There’s Parmesan cheese, crushed red pepper and what looks like basil to add to it. Between that and the guac bar, you’re not going to be hungry.

Added bonus: AC is pretty empty. Flagship though is packed.
teemuflyer and arlflyer like this.
Old May 19, 2018, 4:48 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Wyndham DM, Bonvoy Gold, National Exec, Hertz Gold
Great news! Would definitely love to see a pic. Where did they actually have the bar setup? Is it on a pre-existing counter, or did they add an area to accommodate?
Old May 19, 2018, 5:28 pm

It’s located behind the soup station closest to the H side of the AC (near the small bar). I will post a photo of the spread tonight. Currently working off of mobile boarding AA 1320 back home... sans PDB
Old May 19, 2018, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Am in the MIA Flagship Lounge and rather enjoying the large malt balls found right around the far side. Impressed by the size of the place too!

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
also SkyClubs are getting complimentary bubbles and rose per a recent update about the DCA club.
Tell me more! Flying DL for the first time in a few years, using the DCA SC and as a champagne "enthusiast" am keen to know more!

Does anyone know if the JFK Skyclubs have Krug for purchase?
Old May 19, 2018, 6:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Hi,

If a Oneworld Emerald guests someone into an Admirals Club should they get 2 drink chits each or 2 in total?

Thanks!
Old May 19, 2018, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by wheatbeer
Hi,

If a Oneworld Emerald guests someone into an Admirals Club should they get 2 drink chits each or 2 in total?

Thanks!
2 each. Never had a problem getting more, apart from one time where the SJU AC decided to put us on an earlier flight in lieu of drinks vouchers after we hit 16.

Our flight was delayed, honest!
CHOPCHOP767 likes this.
Old May 19, 2018, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by Jagger3939
Great news! Would definitely love to see a pic. Where did they actually have the bar setup? Is it on a pre-existing counter, or did they add an area to accommodate?
As promised...

Not the most delicious pasta by any stretch, but a nice little snack. Also, the HK Admirals Club renovation is definitely growing on me. When it first debuted, I thought it looked kind of cheap; but the additional amenities have made it very pleasant. Also, as mentioned, the Admirals Club was practically empty this evening when compared with the Flagship Lounge. Honestly, I'd much rather have a few snacks and know that I'll have my pick of real estate than more generous food selection and have to eagle eye for seats. Also, overheard the Angels while leaving the Admirals Club say something to the effect of "there's plates everywhere, it's such a mess" referencing the Flagship. Oops.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old May 24, 2018, 6:27 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Agents at the RDU AC were passing around trays of food again yesterday afternoon in advance of the LHR flight

The beef skewers didn't look like much but they were pretty tasty.
Old May 24, 2018, 6:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by javabytes
Avocado toast? But how will they afford a mortgage now?
I saw this for the first time in the morning at ORD G club - probably around 8:15 am. I thought "quite clever". But then I realized they're likely just repurposing the guacamole from the previous evening.....

Gotta give them points for creativity.
Old May 24, 2018, 7:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I saw pics from an EXP group of the new scrambled eggs and potatoes and they looked really good.....crispy potatoes too....had what looked like a Tex mex sauce too to drizzle on the eggs.
Old May 24, 2018, 7:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by CMK10
Agents at the RDU AC were passing around trays of food again yesterday afternoon in advance of the LHR flight

The beef skewers didn't look like much but they were pretty tasty.
Is that a 1) beef skewer, 2) rat on a stick, or 3) turd on a stick?
MorganB, TWA884 and Jagger3939 like this.
Old May 25, 2018, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Wednesday was my first visit to an AC since November, so I was surprised to see the hipster toast being offered in the DFW C AC. I passed on the toast, though was pleased to see they had lox and onion, allowing me to fix a bagel and lox.
Old May 25, 2018, 6:36 am
OTD

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Skymiles, Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
Is that a 1) beef skewer, 2) rat on a stick, or 3) turd on a stick?
jcatman likes this.
Old May 25, 2018, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT 2.6MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
It’s located behind the soup station closest to the H side of the AC (near the small bar). I will post a photo of the spread tonight. Currently working off of mobile boarding AA 1320 back home... sans PDB
They also set it up in the main bar area as well. They had "farmers scramble" eggs and home fry potatoes for breakfast in both areas yesterday morning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.