Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Whiskey & Whisky Thread: Woodford Reserve Apr 2016, Glenlivet back June

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Whiskey & Whisky Thread: Woodford Reserve Apr 2016, Glenlivet back June

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2016, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by FWAAA
I have to think that every distiller of alcohol would be responsive to airline requests.
You may find it interesting that the liquor industry doesn't like producing/handling mini's.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...r-mini-bottles

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...-flights-vodka
Old Apr 13, 2016, 10:39 am

Programs: AA Fool's Gold
I had a couple Woodford on my SAN - PHL flight. They didn't even know they had it and were confused as to what I was asking for. I got the last 2 of them. (OK, last 3 or 4 of them)
Old Apr 13, 2016, 3:21 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by rjw242
Indubitably.
Originally Posted by ryan182
That's hilarious.
And I posted this long after the Bourbon had worn off...sigh...back tp typing school...

Cheers.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by IflyonAA
As long as they don't replace my beloved Heineken with some wrank craft beer then I'll be happy.
If only AA would join DL, AS and UA to get some decent beers onboard. The mass market slop is undrinkable, domestic or imported.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by zitsky
How does Woodford compare with Maker's Mark as far as taste goes?
Woodford is a Rye Bourbon, Maker's is a Wheat bourbon. Wheaters tend to be a little softer/sweeter than Rye. Both are good.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 8:53 pm

Programs: AA EP, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Shareholder
If only AA would join DL, AS and UA to get some decent beers onboard. The mass market slop is undrinkable, domestic or imported.
agreed, i think i may have gotten beers only twice ever on AA due to the terrible offerings.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 12:18 pm

Programs: AA PLAT; SPG PLAT100; Hyatt Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Avis Pres. Circle
Had two Woodford's on my ORD-LGA flight last night. The fact that hey have it now definitely made my month. Hopefully this is a sign of a further expanding selection to come!
Old Apr 16, 2016, 8:38 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Former EXP/Current PLT / Total Rewards - Diamond / Hilton HHonors - Gold
Last week on my way to PVR, I surprised 2 FA's by telling them they probably had it stocked and asked them to check.

On the last segment, I ran the J cabin out of the stuff and they replenished from Y. Great FA's.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 4:21 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
So any actual sightings or further confirmations on the glenlivet front?
Old Apr 17, 2016, 4:32 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
I've updated the thread title to reflect the direction of the thread.

~Moderator
Old Apr 17, 2016, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by josmul123
Last week on my way to PVR, I surprised 2 FA's by telling them they probably had it stocked and asked them to check.

On the last segment, I ran the J cabin out of the stuff and they replenished from Y. Great FA's.
Where do you suppose they stock more of it J or Y? It could make for some interesting competition to see who gets it while in flight.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 1:53 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
MIA-STL today on the 738 had Woodford... pretty sure no one else was drinking it, as I was brought an extra without asking. 😎 This was the FA's interpretation of a "few cubes of ice."

Still no sign of Glenlivet or any other decent scotch since early 2013, no matter what route.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 2:01 pm

I guess I'm not the only one who likes ice with liquor. I do drink the good stuff neat.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 2:06 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Former EXP/Current PLT / Total Rewards - Diamond / Hilton HHonors - Gold
Where do you suppose they stock more of it J or Y? It could make for some interesting competition to see who gets it while in flight.
I can tell you (purely as a single data point) that they stocked precisely 8 minis in J on PHX-PVR (A319-O, 8 J seats, no F cabin).
Old Apr 17, 2016, 2:47 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
I guess I'm not the only one who likes ice with liquor. I do drink the good stuff neat.
With all whiskys I like just a touch of water, or about 1-2 ice cubes. The water is said to open up the flavor, and I agree. So, even with the best of it, I have an ice cube (or 2 if small). Cognac I drink neat.

As above, I was twice brought an extra without asking and also received more than the necessary number of cube when asking for "a couple."

Cheers.

Last edited by brp; Apr 17, 2016 at 2:53 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.