FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Whiskey & Whisky Thread: Woodford Reserve Apr 2016, Glenlivet back June (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1756847-whiskey-whisky-thread-woodford-reserve-apr-2016-glenlivet-back-june.html)

OCJoe Apr 1, 2016 1:56 pm

Whiskey & Whisky Thread: Woodford Reserve Apr 2016, Glenlivet back June

Just deplaned my flight from LAS-DFW. In the April issue of American Way. It states "We are excited to introduce Woodford Reserve Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey to our selection of in-flight spirits in April "

*Tried to post a photo I shot of the article but it asked for a URL?

arlflyer Apr 1, 2016 2:08 pm

Awesome! (Assuming it's across all flights and not just some select handful)

Uzzar Apr 1, 2016 2:08 pm

That is great news, they finally realized that Jack isn't Bourbon!

PlatinumScum Apr 1, 2016 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by Uzzar (Post 26422412)
That is great news, they finally realized that Jack isn't Bourbon!

If only they would realize that Dewars isn't whisky.

OCJoe Apr 1, 2016 2:15 pm

Woodford is also listed on the "Marketplace Menu" page Under "Spirits $8" with a red "NEW" button next to it, implying all flights for sale.

Roamingredcoat Apr 1, 2016 2:32 pm

I would be very happy if this was in ACs as a 'house' selection.

UAPremierGuy Apr 1, 2016 3:06 pm

This is great news...as long as they don't get rid of Jack.

GotCalcio4 Apr 1, 2016 3:14 pm

Great to hear! Love Woodford ^

Magnum75 Apr 1, 2016 3:27 pm

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by OCJoe (Post 26422347)
Just deplaned my flight from LAS-DFW. In the April issue of American Way. It states "We are excited to introduce Woodford Reserve Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey to our selection of in-flight spirits in April "

*Tried to post a photo I shot of the article but it asked for a URL?

Here you go, found it on page 96

Good news indeed!

GWFan Apr 1, 2016 3:55 pm

This is way more exciting than the news that free coach cabin snacks are coming back!

SNA_Flyer Apr 1, 2016 5:21 pm

This is most excellent news. There will finally be a drinkable whisky on board again. Still wish Makers would come back, but this will do!

brp Apr 1, 2016 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer (Post 26423143)
There will finally be a drinkable whisky on board again.

This is whiskey not whisky. They still will not have drinkable whisky on board. But this is still a nice step.

Cheers.

aglp2k Apr 1, 2016 5:48 pm

I heard Glenlivet 12 and 15 are on the way AA Premium Cabins in few months.

michaelpop Apr 1, 2016 6:31 pm

Oooh this is great news! I enjoy Woodford, but I try not to drink much while traveling as the combo of getting drunk in a metal tube doesn't sit well with my constitution.

I know in Y with my EXP benefit I can get a drink and they'll hand over the mini, but in F they premake the drink. Can I just request the mini from the FA so I can make my own (very weak) drink?

And is it gauche to take the mini off the plane to enjoy at sea level?

jlb3 Apr 1, 2016 9:01 pm

They had it on MCO-DCA on 3/30. I asked for my usual Disaronno (which always confuses the FA - am I the only one who drinks it?). She couldn't find it but pulled out Woodford and asked "how about this?" And I was like, whoohoo I'll take that.