Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Whiskey & Whisky Thread: Woodford Reserve Apr 2016, Glenlivet back June

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Whiskey & Whisky Thread: Woodford Reserve Apr 2016, Glenlivet back June

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2019, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire Elite
Return from MUC a couple of weeks ago (to PHL) and business class FAs even stated they were low on Woodford. I had a couple before dinner, but they were out when I woke up from a 6-hour snooze.

Then the PHL - DEN leg a few hours later - same thing. FC attendant claimed to only have two left on the entire plane - gave one to me and the other to window, and later popped in with one she "found in back".

I'm thinking they're rationing them, or perhaps demand is too high and Woodford can't keep up. Either way, reading similar experiences here leads me to believe there's either an inventory shortage, or AA is cutting costs by limiting the amount of Woodford they give out.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 7:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Don't be afraid to try it with Woodford either. "Double woodford & diet Dr." should get the ratios right. (A little more than a splash, depending on ice fill level.)
This sounds like it has potential to be my new drink! I've worn myself out on G&Ts and rum and Cokes, so the time for a replacement couldn't be better.

Originally Posted by acoburn73
I'm thinking they're rationing them, or perhaps demand is too high and Woodford can't keep up. Either way, reading similar experiences here leads me to believe there's either an inventory shortage, or AA is cutting costs by limiting the amount of Woodford they give out.
This is why I try to take full advantage on morning flights, hehe

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.