Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

BA marketed / codeshare, AA operated, BA table for EQM?

Old Apr 3, 2019, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

If I buy a BA marketed ticket, that is AA operated... I use the BA table for calculating EQM, right?

I know this question comes up all the time - in my defense, I did look it up in the FAQ and didn't see a clear answer

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...sh-airways.jsp
nickohrn likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 6:11 pm

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
flight number = BA XXXX = BA table
Old Apr 3, 2019, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by andersonCooper
flight number = BA XXXX = BA table
Thanks. That was easy!

What happens when it is AA xxxx connecting to BA xxxx - but you bought both tickets on the BA website? How do EQD get calculated for the AA component?
nickohrn likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 7:46 pm

Programs: UA *G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Ftbat
Thanks. That was easy!

What happens when it is AA xxxx connecting to BA xxxx - but you bought both tickets on the BA website? How do EQD get calculated for the AA component?
By the AA tables, either on the portion of the fare that was allocated to AA, which you probably do not know, but which will become clear afterwards, or less often, in IRROPS(for example, maybe) it may be based on the AA 'Fare Unavailable" table.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 7:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Ftbat
Thanks. That was easy!

Where you bought the ticket is completely irrelevant - what matters is the flight number that the flight is booked under.

AA flight number - earns as per AA table
BA flight number - earns as per BA table

There's no easy way (as far as I know) to know how the fare breaks out across segments

Last edited by bse118; Apr 3, 2019 at 7:54 pm Reason: typo
Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:06 pm
Original Poster

Thank you all kindly.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.