Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Predeparture Drinks / Beverage (PDB) - When, What and Why Not? (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2016, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
AA Predeparture Beverages: When, What and Why not?

NOTE: Due to PDB service cancellation, this thread will rest until PDB resumption.
Older posts can be read in the archived thread here.

Post by brc757rr, July 2015:
Originally Posted by AA policy regarding PDB

Pre-departure beverages are expected to be offered on all flights. On domestic flights, customers should be offered a beverage of choice. On international flights with bonded liquor, we offer a choice of orange juice, water, sparkling water, sparkling wine and mimosas and will fulfill requests for non alcoholic beverages of choice provided that supplies can be obtained without opening bonded carts and carriers. If pre-departure beverages cannot be served because of operational reasons, flight attendants are expected to apologize to customers and advise that beverages will be served as soon as possible after take off.
Originally Posted by brc757rr
I was able to receive the exact language of the company policy from American Airlines today via Twitter regarding PDB's. I was actually quite impressed they followed up with me regarding a conversation that started a few days ago. I also received a nice note from Hector Adler who I also reached out to who said that pre-departure services were discussed at great length at a meeting late last week. Let's hope things begin to improve and if not we continue to press the FA's to follow company policy.
So there you have it.
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Did a little searching on Twitter. A good hashtag could be just #PDBServed and the condition listed before that. So, something like:

@AmericanAir 08/18 AA123 ORG No #PDBServed
@AmericanAir 08/18 AA123 ORG Full #PDBServed
@AmericanAir 08/18 AA123 ORG Limited #PDBServed

This allows all PDB service to be posted, good, bad, and otherwise. This should show AA that we feel this is a desired service. Maybe if someone gets energetic, a summary post could be done, maybe weekly?
Thanks to RogerD408

Print Wikipost

Predeparture Drinks / Beverage (PDB) - When, What and Why Not? (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2019, 6:51 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus, Marriott Gold
3/23: AA 3777 LEX - DFW full PDB
3/24: AA? DFW - PHX water.OJ.champagne (morning)
Old Apr 8, 2019, 10:37 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
4/3 AA 595 RDU-CLT A-320: Full PDB
4/3 AA 4672 CLT-MSY EMB-175: Full PDB
4/4 AA 2607 MSY-DFW 737-800: No PDB. Great service in the air at least and we were delayed but still,
4/4 AA 618 DFW-PHX A-321: Missed Upgrade
4/7 AA 2765 PHX-ORD 737-800: Full PDB
4/7 AA 19 ORD-RDU 737-800: Initially no PDB. Not until we were 30 minutes into a m/x delay did we get one
Old Apr 11, 2019, 1:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
JFK-MIA 763 LAA MIA based crew (amazing service from this LAA crew which really seemed to love what they do). Felt like the old Flagship flights before US Airways.

MIA-JFK 777

both OJ/Water only but if you asked for something different it was accommodated so full PDB in my case on this tricky route!
jcatman likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 6:38 pm

AA 2116

Usuay the shuttle is on point. But tonight. Nada. Zip. zilch. Not even a coat hangup. For the whopping 8 of us in First. Kinda sad.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 1:22 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by bostonkarl
Usuay the shuttle is on point. But tonight. Nada. Zip. zilch. Not even a coat hangup. For the whopping 8 of us in First. Kinda sad.
send in a complaint.....that’s the only way AA will know what’s going on.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 8:34 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by bostonkarl
Yikes, the Shuttle IME is the last vestige of consistency we appreciate: on time departures, PDBs, etc.

But speaking of consistency:

4/12 AA1579 BOS-ORD A321

No PDB from this ORD based crew. Moreover, I don’t think I’ve had an ontime ORD flight in the last three months. On a positive note, the “meat plate” as it was described by the FA continues to be a winner, but jeez no power outlets and no seat back screen. I don’t know what’s worse: oasis or this configuration. Honestly looking forward to giving DL a shot when they start service to ORD and DCA in September. It’s getting harder and harder to shell out F prices for AA’s “premium” cabins.
cmd320 and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 8:49 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767

Yikes, the Shuttle IME is the last vestige of consistency we appreciate: on time departures, PDBs, etc.

But speaking of consistency:

4/12 AA1579 BOS-ORD A321

No PDB from this ORD based crew. Moreover, I don’t think I’ve had an ontime ORD flight in the last three months. On a positive note, the “meat plate” as it was described by the FA continues to be a winner, but jeez no power outlets and no seat back screen. I don’t know what’s worse: oasis or this configuration. Honestly looking forward to giving DL a shot when they start service to ORD and DCA in September. It’s getting harder and harder to shell out F prices for AA’s “premium” cabins.
Jesus the LUS garbage planes are now doing BOS-ORD?
Old Apr 16, 2019, 1:03 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
4/14 AA 5643 YYZ-CLT CRJ-900. No PDB. The flight attendant mentioned something about being unable to unlock the cart until after we took off. Not sure if that's true
4/15 AA 1798 CLT-RDU A-320. Full PDB
Old Apr 16, 2019, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
Originally Posted by CMK10
4/14 AA 5643 YYZ-CLT CRJ-900. No PDB. The flight attendant mentioned something about being unable to unlock the cart until after we took off. Not sure if that's true
ha, I've heard that one once before too. We boarded, no PDB offered. Then a 45 min mechanical delay, so I asked for something and was told "I'll ask the captain if it's OK to unlock the cart". Since I was in 3E, I could see that she never asked the captain, and no PDB ever came.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 10:12 am

Programs: AA EXP
These latest posts make me happier I’ve dumped this airline for Delta. On my flight today the 2 FAs split up...one started PDBs in the front and one started PDBs in the back. Not sure what it will take to make service at American consistent and customer friendly.
LAX-1K and cmd320 like this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 6:43 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by brc757rr
These latest posts make me happier I’ve dumped this airline for Delta. On my flight today the 2 FAs split up...one started PDBs in the front and one started PDBs in the back. Not sure what it will take to make service at American consistent and customer friendly.
Doug "The Music Man" Parker certainly has not been able to pull it off.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 11:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, NK $9 fare club
It’s getting harder and harder to shell out F prices for AA’s “premium” cabins.
I'm with you 100%. The last few months have been noticeably lackluster, with the occasional excellent flight; courtesy of a flight attendant that has made the proper career choice! Crews haven't seemed too thrilled lately though.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 8:56 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
4/22 AA91 LHR-ORD B788

Standard PDB offering of water, OJ, and bubbles. Cabin was empty with maybe ten pax. First time on the new smaller J cabin and actually enjoyed it. Service was pretty good throughout the flight.

4/23 AA2264 ORD-BOS B738

Breaking all the rules here, kkkk, full PDB offered and jackets taken! Oh and an on time departure. I should go buy lotto tickets!
Old Apr 23, 2019, 9:22 am

4/22 AA91 LHR-ORD B788

Standard PDB offering of water, OJ, and bubbles. Cabin was empty with maybe ten pax. First time on the new smaller J cabin and actually enjoyed it. Service was pretty good throughout the flight.

4/23 AA2264 ORD-BOS B738

Breaking all the rules here, kkkk, full PDB offered and jackets taken! Oh and an on time departure. I should go buy lotto tickets!
Oh no... you got on a UA flight by accident!
CHOPCHOP767 likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 11:53 am
Suspended

LGA-MEM E175 on Republic and full PDB and coats hung.
MEM-ORD CR7 on Envoy and nothing as seen from the first row of MCE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.