Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources thru 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 26, 2015, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
This is the archive of older posts from the OSO thread; for the current thread see

AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources (master thread
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources thru 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2016, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by surftb15
Too funny! I doubt AA will cover the Westin, they paid for the fairfield last night (which was awful, paper thin walls).

Im glad you got into LAX though! I had to get a flight from last night from LAX->JFK in F and would have missed every connection, even if they interlined on UA.

I finally made it to LAX just now, sitting in Flagship lounge for the next 3 hours.

My return flight (which was just JFK-LAX-SAN in Business) was also delayed a day.

All I need to do is sign some real estate paperwork ! Blah!

Summary

DEN->LAX -> JFK (DEN-LAX cancelled) ba!

goes to:

DEN->LAX->JFK January 05

JFK->LAX->SAN January 05 (missed )

goes to

JFK->LAX->SAN January 06
You called it - they will not cover the Westin. Some pittance miles though which is the last thing I need. Oh well.

Cant believe you are still stuck in LA. This again like we chatted about yesterday hits hard when they will not cover Delta as they have so many LAX-JFK flights. Last year during the Texas storms I was supposed to fly MSY-DFW-LAX and the first leg was cancelled. Was very nice to be put on DL MSY-LAX direct
Old Jan 5, 2016, 8:11 pm

Made it to Newark. Flight tomorrow leaves from JFK.

So what kind of compensation should I request here? 24 hour delay. And a few misconnect.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 9:34 pm

Should clarify.. UA metal to Newark.

Anyway, a bit of a disaster after landing. AA told me to go to baggage to get the vouchers for hotel. I went to baggage and they just looked at us funny. Went to the check in desk and they finally gave us the voucher for hotel.. All the hotel's at jfk were booked so that took a bit of time to find one.

Now in a Cadillac to get these docs signed, provided by AA, and then the car will take us to jfk hotel.

Hopefully flight tomorrow goes off without a hitch.
Old Jan 5, 2016, 9:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Should clarify.. UA metal to Newark.

Anyway, a bit of a disaster after landing. AA told me to go to baggage to get the vouchers for hotel. I went to baggage and they just looked at us funny. Went to the check in desk and they finally gave us the voucher for hotel.. All the hotel's at jfk were booked so that took a bit of time to find one.

Now in a Cadillac to get these docs signed, provided by AA, and then the car will take us to jfk hotel.

Hopefully flight tomorrow goes off without a hitch.
Good luck! So were all of those cancellations mx or wx?
Old Jan 5, 2016, 10:19 pm

Programs: None
AA 36, SFO DFW January 5. 0820 departure, my girlfriend's son was on it. Not getting the story first hand, did not depart until 1020? Claimed mechanical, unknown if there was a tailswap. Any compensation and do any fellow FTer know where to find this info about delays and tailswaps?
Old Jan 6, 2016, 2:41 am

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Good luck! So were all of those cancellations mx or wx?
Both were MX.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 3:41 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by travelingchumley
AA 36, SFO DFW January 5. 0820 departure, my girlfriend's son was on it. Not getting the story first hand, did not depart until 1020? Claimed mechanical, unknown if there was a tailswap. Any compensation and do any fellow FTer know where to find this info about delays and tailswaps?
I'm curious about this, too. My flight from DFW-SEA on 31 Dec went from 6.50 pm departure to 11 pm departure, and from 9 pm arrival time to 00.15 arrival. I spent my New Year watching the fireworks over Seattle from the plane.

It was a mechanical issue - first plane had some flat tires. They were changing them for like 2 hrs before giving up, and switching us to another plane, and getting in another crew.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 7:23 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by travelingchumley
Sounds like about a 2-hr delay. I believe as per DOT rules, they're obliged to get you to your destination within 2hrs of original schedule, otherwise some compensation is due. For a 2-hr delay, I wouldn't expect anything. Sometimes elites my get thrown some miles (in the 5000-10000 range) for a delay.

Originally Posted by solewalker
I'm curious about this, too. My flight from DFW-SEA on 31 Dec went from 6.50 pm departure to 11 pm departure, and from 9 pm arrival time to 00.15 arrival. I spent my New Year watching the fireworks over Seattle from the plane.

It was a mechanical issue - first plane had some flat tires. They were changing them for like 2 hrs before giving up, and switching us to another plane, and getting in another crew.
I would write in for this on aa.com and mention missing the New Year's celebration. Most likely 10K miles, a "sincere apology", and not much else, sadly.

Although watching the fireworks from up above must've been a cool sight!
Old Jan 6, 2016, 10:44 am

Made it to LAX.

Was a big disaster this morning though.

The car that AA arraigned never showed up. Wait 15 and end up taking hotel shuttle. The hotel shuttle got us to the airport in record time.

So I'm back. Just way later then expected.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 12:09 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by akcae
Sounds like about a 2-hr delay. I believe as per DOT rules, they're obliged to get you to your destination within 2hrs of original schedule, otherwise some compensation is due. For a 2-hr delay, I wouldn't expect anything. Sometimes elites my get thrown some miles (in the 5000-10000 range) for a delay.

I would write in for this on aa.com and mention missing the New Year's celebration. Most likely 10K miles, a "sincere apology", and not much else, sadly.

Although watching the fireworks from up above must've been a cool sight!
Thanks for the advice! Re: fireworks, yes and no. The plane turned like 2 mins before the good fireworks show (above Space Needle) started, so I got stuck with the backyard fireworks, lol.

My poor +1 had to leave his NYE celebrations at 11.45 to come pick me from the airport, so I felt pretty bad for him.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 12:11 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Made it to LAX.

Was a big disaster this morning though.

The car that AA arraigned never showed up. Wait 15 and end up taking hotel shuttle. The hotel shuttle got us to the airport in record time.

So I'm back. Just way later then expected.
Glad you finally made it to LAX. Reading about your ordeal is quite an ordeal!
Old Jan 6, 2016, 12:36 pm

Location: St. Louis, MO - AA PLT/2.98MM (Lifetime PLT), Delta PM, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Programs: TW Elite (RIP), CO OnePass
Originally Posted by akcae
Sounds like about a 2-hr delay. I believe as per DOT rules, they're obliged to get you to your destination within 2hrs of original schedule, otherwise some compensation is due.
There are no DOT rules regarding compensation on delays.

I think you are confusing when compensation is required for involuntary denied boarding. If the airline gets you to your destination within an hour of your original schedule on a IDB, no compensation is due. Over an hour and there is compensation.

Greg
Old Jan 6, 2016, 1:28 pm

So what do I do for compensation? They put me in J class so that works fine for me. But what should I ask for if I attempt to on the other flights?
Old Jan 7, 2016, 8:35 am

Yea it looks like 3x EQM is what it counted as, so I will leave that flight as is.
But the previous one, what do I do? Im thinking $500 per pax.
And do I email AA or call?
Old Jan 7, 2016, 9:31 am
Suspended

Yea it looks like 3x EQM is what it counted as, so I will leave that flight as is.
But the previous one, what do I do? Im thinking $500 per pax.
And do I email AA or call?
Customer Relations can no longer be reached by phone, so, webform email. I personally doubt $500 per pax is in the cards, but only way to know is to email and ask.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.