FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources thru 2019
Old Jan 6, 2016, 7:23 am
akcae

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by travelingchumley
AA 36, SFO DFW January 5. 0820 departure, my girlfriend's son was on it. Not getting the story first hand, did not depart until 1020? Claimed mechanical, unknown if there was a tailswap. Any compensation and do any fellow FTer know where to find this info about delays and tailswaps?
Sounds like about a 2-hr delay. I believe as per DOT rules, they're obliged to get you to your destination within 2hrs of original schedule, otherwise some compensation is due. For a 2-hr delay, I wouldn't expect anything. Sometimes elites my get thrown some miles (in the 5000-10000 range) for a delay.

Originally Posted by solewalker
I'm curious about this, too. My flight from DFW-SEA on 31 Dec went from 6.50 pm departure to 11 pm departure, and from 9 pm arrival time to 00.15 arrival. I spent my New Year watching the fireworks over Seattle from the plane.

It was a mechanical issue - first plane had some flat tires. They were changing them for like 2 hrs before giving up, and switching us to another plane, and getting in another crew.
I would write in for this on aa.com and mention missing the New Year's celebration. Most likely 10K miles, a "sincere apology", and not much else, sadly.

Although watching the fireworks from up above must've been a cool sight!