Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources thru 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 26, 2015, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
This is the archive of older posts from the OSO thread; for the current thread see

AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources (master thread
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: AA OSO, IROPS / IRROPS, delay, cancelation etc. resources thru 2019

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2016, 5:25 pm
Suspended

deleted

Last edited by JonNYC; Feb 26, 2016 at 6:03 pm
Old Feb 26, 2016, 4:13 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum 5 million miles
We were on AA 1200 from DFW to DCA this morning. After two aborted landing attempts because of wind shear warnings, we diverted to Dulles where we landed safely.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 5:50 pm

[deleted]

Last edited by cmn.jcs; Feb 26, 2016 at 5:57 pm
Old Feb 29, 2016, 12:44 am

Fwiw when I got stuck at YYZ once I got on the internet and found the Sheraton at the airport surprisingly reasonable.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 6:36 pm

Flight delay query

Hello,

My parents are taking their first trip overseas tonight on an award ticket I arranged for them. They are right now in Chicago waiting on flight 46 to LHR which was about an hour ago announced as a 3 hour delay. It will now not leave until 1:00, and they will miss their connection in LHR to BCN.

Is there any way to tell the reason for the delay? I am thinking it must be mechanical as the weather has not yet hit and the incoming airplane arrived from Shanghai about 3 hours ago.

They inquired about trying to get on the BA flight at 8:45, but to no avail.

Anyway, just trying to understand the reason for the delay if anyone can help out.

Thanks,
Old Feb 29, 2016, 6:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It looks as though the aircraft was swapped. That could be for any number of reasons, including mechanical or a late inbound due to weather or air traffic control.

But, it's really not worth worrying about the why.

Presuming that your parents do misconnect at LHR, AA will rebook them onto the next BCN service. There are at least three later services on BA, so not much to worry about.

AA will likely work on rebookings once the aircraft is airborne and it has a better handle on an actual arrival time. Chances are that there will be new boarding passes for them on arrival at LHR. If not, an agent will simply handle the rebooking and they will be on their way.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Wheels Up, Inspirato Pass, Marriott Titanium Elt, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Pres, Ntl P
Originally Posted by Often1
It looks as though the aircraft was swapped. That could be for any number of reasons, including mechanical or a late inbound due to weather or air traffic control.

But, it's really not worth worrying about the why.

Presuming that your parents do misconnect at LHR, AA will rebook them onto the next BCN service. There are at least three later services on BA, so not much to worry about.

AA will likely work on rebookings once the aircraft is airborne and it has a better handle on an actual arrival time. Chances are that there will be new boarding passes for them on arrival at LHR. If not, an agent will simply handle the rebooking and they will be on their way.
Unless their connection was booked separately..
Old Feb 29, 2016, 7:19 pm

It's all through AA, and I figured the rebooking would be seamless on AA's part. Lots of flights to BCN each day.

Thanks for the info.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 4:17 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by ktown
My parents are taking their first trip overseas tonight on an award ticket I arranged for them. They are right now in Chicago waiting on flight 46 to LHR which was about an hour ago announced as a 3 hour delay. It will now not leave until 1:00, and they will miss their connection in LHR to BCN.

Is there any way to tell the reason for the delay? I am thinking it must be mechanical as the weather has not yet hit and the incoming airplane arrived from Shanghai about 3 hours ago.

They inquired about trying to get on the BA flight at 8:45, but to no avail.

Anyway, just trying to understand the reason for the delay if anyone can help out.
As this is a common question, there's a sticky thread that deals with just this type of question. I'll merge this in.

~Moderator
Old Mar 2, 2016, 9:49 am

I was on AA flight operated by Etihad.
Obviously the Etihad flight was delayed, but now there are literally no business class seats available from JFK-LAX.
At FL lounge now, they put me on an 18:30 flight tonight, which is so late.
Can I reroute through a non-direct route? can I go back to EY and ask to be put on another flight?
This was a paid ticket too so im a bit irritate.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 9:57 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by surftb15
I was on AA flight operated by Etihad.
Obviously the Etihad flight was delayed, but now there are literally no business class seats available from JFK-LAX.
At FL lounge now, they put me on an 18:30 flight tonight, which is so late.
Can I reroute through a non-direct route? can I go back to EY and ask to be put on another flight?
This was a paid ticket too so im a bit irritate.
Asking EY for their assistance would be fruitless, IMO, at this point.

I can't see any downside to asking AA to be re-routed onto a connecting itinerary to LAX, if you haven't yet.

Not sure who you're irate at at this juncture, as you pointed out, J is 0 all day on the LAX transcons. Ask for assistance.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 10:01 am

Yes and they can't find anything non direct. I even offered to go to ksan but seems that violates the rules now and will reprice itinerary.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 10:11 am
Suspended

Yes and they can't find anything non direct. I even offered to go to ksan but seems that violates the rules now and will reprice itinerary.
Looking at availability, things are incredibly tight, this itin has like a single domestic F seat but dunno details of your fare and what bucket you were booked into on this J-fare.

AA 1324 0 JFK
03/02/16 1:25 PM PHX

AA 509 0 PHX
03/02/16 7:55 PM LAX

Almost everything is F0 on one of the legs of a one-stop and most are A0, etc.

Overall, I'd say you're stuck with what ya got, and somewhat lucky to have it.

If you had been on an EY flight entirely (non-codeshare,) they *might* have put you on Jetblue JFK-LAX (since they have EY coded codeshares on same), but who knows.

Last edited by JonNYC; Mar 2, 2016 at 10:16 am
Old Mar 2, 2016, 11:20 am

Well I ended up getting two J seats @ 3:30 pm flight.
Dont know how, but got it done.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 11:58 am
Suspended

Well I ended up getting two J seats @ 3:30 pm flight.
Dont know how, but got it done.
Feeling any calmer now?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.