Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

MIA-LAX 77W / 777-300ER rotation - and service etc. discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 8, 2016, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: akarneboge
NOTE: There are only twenty (20) Boeing 777-323ER ("77W") in the AA fleet.
Print Wikipost

MIA-LAX 77W / 777-300ER rotation - and service etc. discussion

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2018, 10:19 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I’the printed access rules still allow Qantas lounge access if in J on LAX-MIA, and I have been there in Feb.

so, what’s your basis for your statement? Something written? Personal experience?
Old Apr 10, 2018, 10:42 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by beachfan
I’the printed access rules still allow Qantas lounge access if in J on LAX-MIA, and I have been there in Feb.

so, what’s your basis for your statement? Something written? Personal experience?
If that is the case, it would indeed be surprising. AA won't even let you in to their own Flagship Lounge on a LAX-MIA flight based on flying in J:

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...hip-lounge.jsp

Get access if you’re traveling in First or Business on a qualifying international or transcontinental flight marketed and operated by American or a oneworld® airline.*

Qualifying First and Business class

Qualifying transcontinental flights

Non-stop flights between:

1. New York (JFK) and Los Angeles (LAX)
  2. JFK and San Francisco (SFO)
Old Apr 10, 2018, 11:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG / Marriott GLD, HHonors GLD
Originally Posted by beachfan

Qantas removed the domestic exceptions from their LAX lounge website; American is denying travelers in domestic F on the MIA-LAX routes from accessing FL or even Admirals Club at both MIA and LAX (and updated FL access rules on their website as such) and anecdotes on FT and elsewhere suggest access has been terminated.

I admit I have not personally tried to access on this itinerary. Could be worth trying but go in with no expectations and you won't be disappointed
Old Apr 10, 2018, 12:08 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by lds89
Qantas removed the domestic exceptions from their LAX lounge website; American is denying travelers in domestic F on the MIA-LAX routes from accessing FL or even Admirals Club at both MIA and LAX (and updated FL access rules on their website as such) and anecdotes on FT and elsewhere suggest access has been terminated.

I admit I have not personally tried to access on this itinerary. Could be worth trying but go in with no expectations and you won't be disappointed
Thanks for the specific reference to the Qantas LAX lounge website. (What AA says for their lounges isn't the question). The rules you cite also apply to LAX-JFK (i.e., no carve out for that route either). Three class aircraft don't appear in any of the OneWorld or Qantas Lounge acees rules.

I'm not sure if you are referring to reports on the QANTAS lounge or AA lounges. The opening up of FL lounge in LAX to passengers with sufficient status on certain domestic routes happened while the LAX Admirals Club was closed, and by the time it opened, there were no 3 class planes to MIA anymore. I don't think the current access rules are any different in practice from the way it was on AA two years ago (unless somehow they brought back a 77W on this route).

On the other hand, in February, I was granted access to the Qantas J lounge with a J ticket LAX-MIA.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 11:27 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards (Gold) / SPG Gold / Intercontinental Ambassador / AMEX Platinum
Lax-mia b777

LAX-MIA B777 Service is back-on? noticed it this past weekend.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
I saw 772 service on the MIA-LAX when booking PE BCN-MIA-LAX. Here's hoping that my PE-fare coded, Y-seated ticket puts me in a PE hard product on the 5-6 hour domestic leg..
Old Jun 19, 2018, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Originally Posted by sis22
LAX-MIA B777 Service is back-on? noticed it this past weekend.
AA Cargo shows AA1508 as 1x Thursdays on 772 / AA396 as daily on 772 until 30 June.

July-Aug:

AA396 daily 772 until 20 Aug.
AA314 daily 772 20 Aug - 31 Aug.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 10:06 am

can’t imagine why anyone would think it’s ok to visit the Flagship Lounge
Old Feb 14, 2019, 10:09 am

Old Feb 14, 2019, 11:29 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by Colin
Because it's a transcon and EXP on ex-JFK transcons (SFO/LAX) can use the FL? I am stuck on a B737 MIA-LAX on an upcoming trip connecting to LAX-HKG in F. I have too short a connection in LAX to use the lounge, but assume I am welcome to use FL in MIA? EXP BTW.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
I don't think we have lounge access via LAX-MIA at all. We used to in the past, but alas AA has taken that away
Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Colin
Because you can if you are a non-AA OWS or OWE, or you you are connecting to another qualifying flight, such as an Int'l LH and are in J or above on that flight, or being an AA frequent flyer and you are PLT or above.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:25 pm

I think it was a sarcastic comment as the photo shows the menu branded as flagship business.
mia likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Because it's a transcon and EXP on ex-JFK transcons (SFO/LAX) can use the FL? I am stuck on a B737 MIA-LAX on an upcoming trip connecting to LAX-HKG in F. I have too short a connection in LAX to use the lounge, but assume I am welcome to use FL in MIA? EXP BTW.
The connecting TPAC flight will allow you entry into the FL in MIA and should also allow you to use the Flagship First Dining (I believe). You can also use the flagship check in at MIA due to EXP/int'l F ticket combo and bypass the pre-check line.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 3:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by HofstraJet
The connecting TPAC flight will allow you entry into the FL in MIA and should also allow you to use the Flagship First Dining (I believe). You can also use the flagship check in at MIA due to EXP/int'l F ticket combo and bypass the pre-check line.
Will be starting that very long day in CUN, just connecting through MIA and LAX. 4.5 hour layover in MIA though, will check on FFD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.