Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

MIA-LAX 77W / 777-300ER rotation - and service etc. discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 8, 2016, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: akarneboge
NOTE: There are only twenty (20) Boeing 777-323ER ("77W") in the AA fleet.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2017, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by jcatman
In F, on AA's newer 321's with AVOD, that six hours is doable.
For some maybe, for me that doesn't really cut it though. Seats are nowhere near good enough for a 6 hour flight. I can't sleep sitting up though, so that means if it's a flight I want to sleep on at all, no standard domestic equipment for transcons.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 10:22 pm

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
The End of 777 From MIA-LAX

Sadly for the firs time in American Airlines history there is no wide-body service on any routes from Miami-California. Gone are the days of multiple 777s per day, not even a 767 each day. 777-300 was fantastic while it lasted (and always full)

Lets face it, all the airlines are only here to disappoint. :/

Routes that used to be 767/777
MIA-LAX - Multiple wide bodies per day, sometimes 5 with 2-3 777s at peak
MIA-SFO - Used to be 1-2 767s per day plus a 757 or 2.
MIA-SEA - Originally a 767, then a 757 now a 737 (let's hope the MAX stays off this long route)
Old Nov 17, 2017, 9:24 am

already being discussed here
Old Dec 26, 2017, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
777 back

I’ve noticed the 777-200 are now flying once a day? Just booked one in J. Hope this is true and doesn’t create a swap...
Old Dec 26, 2017, 3:13 pm

Programs: UA & AA 1 million miler
Originally Posted by JBauer
I’ve noticed the 777-200 are now flying once a day? Just booked one in J. Hope this is true and doesn’t create a swap...
I saw JonNYC's tweet about it on 12/16.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
Oops

oops. Didn’t see that. As always, he knows...
Old Dec 26, 2017, 6:37 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Any idea why it's on for a few weeks in March, only to disappear for a while?
Old Dec 31, 2017, 7:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
I'm seeing the 77W next fall on the schedule. Same price as J on inferior A321s right now, which is good! But still more expensive than Jetblue Mint. Decisions..
Old Dec 31, 2017, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ralphs
I'm seeing the 77W next fall on the schedule. Same price as J on inferior A321s right now, which is good! But still more expensive than Jetblue Mint. Decisions..
Mint.

No guarantee the 77W sticks around. Service on B6 is better than AA too.

And of course, B6 is cheaper.

I would only say AA if you really need a lounge for something.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 3:05 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by ralphs
Which days? I only see 772s listed.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by potus18
Which days? I only see 772s listed.
You're right, I was wrong. It's a 772 not a 77W. Unfortunate.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 5:12 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Flying MIA-LAX in F on the A32B in April. Unfortunately it looks like no more lounge access through the ticket alone. Still trying to figure out what to do on the outbound. Mint is the same price as F on AA to MIA, but FLL is inconvenient given I'm staying downtown. Decisions, decisions.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by anc-ord772
Flying MIA-LAX in F on the A32B in April. Unfortunately it looks like no more lounge access through the ticket alone. Still trying to figure out what to do on the outbound. Mint is the same price as F on AA to MIA, but FLL is inconvenient given I'm staying downtown. Decisions, decisions.
MIALAX still has Admiral's Club access. That has not changed.

Also, seriously, just take Mint. The hassle and third world-ness of FLL is made up for in the air. The time you'd spend at the Admirals Club, just use it on the ride to FLL. No lounge, so no reason to show up earlier than needed.

Mint is fantastic. I haven't been on an AA plane in ages since switching.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 6:00 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by MAH4546

Also, seriously, just take Mint. The hassle and third world-ness of FLL is made up for in the air. The time you'd spend at the Admirals Club, just use it on the ride to FLL. No lounge, so no reason to show up earlier than needed.

Mint is fantastic. I haven't been on an AA plane in ages since switching.
I think you are incorrect regard MIA-LAX lounge access (except for CK members). It was changed when they changed it to only 2 class planes.
https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...lub-access.jsp

Whether this has also changed for the Qantas Business Lounge in TBIT is not known yet.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 6:19 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Also, seriously, just take Mint. The hassle and third world-ness of FLL is made up for in the air. The time you'd spend at the Admirals Club, just use it on the ride to FLL. No lounge, so no reason to show up earlier than needed. Mint is fantastic. I haven't been on an AA plane in ages since switching.
FLL-LAX is not an option, so really just thinking about LAX-MIA/FLL. I am familiar with Mint as it is my preferred cabin LAX-BOS.

Originally Posted by beachfan
I think you are incorrect regard MIA-LAX lounge access (except for CK members). It was changed when they changed it to only 2 class planes.
https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...lub-access.jsp

Whether this has also changed for the Qantas Business Lounge in TBIT is not known yet.
The website does not carve out a transcon FL/AC exception for MIA so I would be surprised. That being said I have AC access through AS, but would have preferred the FL. Access to the QF lounge would be another story altogether.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.