Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

MIA-LAX 77W / 777-300ER rotation - and service etc. discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 8, 2016, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: akarneboge
NOTE: There are only twenty (20) Boeing 777-323ER ("77W") in the AA fleet.
Print Wikipost

MIA-LAX 77W / 777-300ER rotation - and service etc. discussion

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2018, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by anc-ord772
The website does not carve out a transcon FL/AC exception for MIA so I would be surprised. That being said I have AC access through AS, but would have preferred the FL. Access to the QF lounge would be another story altogether.
Looks like MIA has been removed for class of service based access on the AA pages (also on the AA page for Flagship access).

It still shows on the oneworld site: https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access
oneworld lounge access for First Class or Business Class customers
  1. ... customers travelling in First or Business class on U.S. transcontinental flights between JFK-LAX, JFK-SFO and MIA-LAX (and vice-versa) are eligible for lounge access.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by MAH4546
Also, seriously, just take Mint. The hassle and third world-ness of FLL is made up for in the air. The time you'd spend at the Admirals Club, just use it on the ride to FLL. No lounge, so no reason to show up earlier than needed.
Agree with this. Getting to FLL from MIA isn't that big of a deal. I've done it many many times. For the 6 hours you end up being on the plane, it's well worth the detour to AAvoid the crap domestic F nonsense on MIA-LAX these days, not to mention the B6 soft product blows AA out of the water.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 9:03 am

772 is on the schedule for most on 2018, however it drops from the schedule in the week before Christmas
Old Jan 25, 2018, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by aero0729
Lets face it, all the airlines are only here to disappoint. :/
This is mildly dramatic, don't you think?
Old Feb 8, 2018, 8:11 am

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
Lounge Access

Count me as disappointed about this lounge news. I booked J on the 77W LAX to Mia and return. I was CK but now am EXP. sad to hear I’ll have no lounge access at either end? Or I do in LAX at QF? Confused?

thanks.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 10:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG / Marriott GLD, HHonors GLD
Originally Posted by JBauer
Count me as disappointed about this lounge news. I booked J on the 77W LAX to Mia and return. I was CK but now am EXP. sad to hear I’ll have no lounge access at either end? Or I do in LAX at QF? Confused?

thanks.
No access. MIA-LAX or v.v. is now treated as any other domestic flight.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by lds89
Although I believe soft product is still the JFK-LAX/SFO product.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Have we had confirmation on the change for Qantas business lounge at TBIT? Last month, the one world rules hadn’t caught up to the AA change.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 7:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Just booked a LAX-MIA in October on the 772. I was able to book some two-across seats in row 13-15 which are listed as MCE, but I am hoping they will be PE by this fall. Well actually I'm hoping to be upgraded gratis to J..
Old Apr 6, 2018, 4:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT 2.6MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by ralphs
Just booked a LAX-MIA in October on the 772. I was able to book some two-across seats in row 13-15 which are listed as MCE, but I am hoping they will be PE by this fall. Well actually I'm hoping to be upgraded gratis to J..
Only a few 45J 772's are left to be retrofitted. There will 100% be PE on that plane by the fall, but t-con they may actually sell it as PE. Plan accordingly.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 11:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by akarneboge
Only a few 45J 772's are left to be retrofitted. There will 100% be PE on that plane by the fall, but t-con they may actually sell it as PE. Plan accordingly.
Since I already booked in row 13-15 and reserved a seat there, is there a chance I'll get PE gratis as an AA Plat Pro? Or would they just reassign me to a different MCE seat?
Old Apr 9, 2018, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by lds89
what’s your basis for asserting Qantas lounge has changed its rules?
Old Apr 9, 2018, 4:36 pm

sure worth a try, because if denied then can just use KE lounge in Bradley - to which I assume everyone and his dog on FT has access via a credit card bennie
Old Apr 9, 2018, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by Colin
sure worth a try, because if denied then can just use KE lounge in Bradley - to which I assume everyone and his dog on FT has access via a credit card bennie
Priority pass access only after noon at the KE lounge in TBIT
Old Apr 10, 2018, 9:48 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by beachfan

what’s your basis for asserting Qantas lounge has changed its rules?
It's not QF who changed the access rules per se, rather AA will not pay for access to the QF lounges on the LAX-MIA route anymore once it went from a 3 class transcon to a 2 class one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.