Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

JFK / Kennedy Int'l. Airport Concourse B / Gate B12 Flagship Lounge (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2015, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jiburi
JFK / John F. Kennedy International Airport Concourse B Flagship Lounge
Flagship Lounge is within Terminal 8 Concourse B Admirals Cub
Link to JFK Flagship Dining reviews thread.

Link to aa.com information for JFK.

Link to JFK website.

LOCATION: Airside beyond the Security checkpoint, Mezzanine level. Request proximity card from agent for access.

NOTE: The renovated Lounge has now reopened as the "Flagship Lounge" (having temporarily operated as "International First Class Lounge"). See below for detailed access rules. Qualifying oneworld First Class and Business Class flyers and Emerald and Sapphire members bring one guest to the Flagship Lounge.

Only qualifying AA Flagship First flyers have access to Flagship First Dining. One guest permitted for international flyers, no guest for transcon flyers.

HOURS: For current hours, see here.

AMENITIES:
  • Flat screen TVs
    • Private shower suites (shared with adjacent Admirals Club)
      • Premium liquor, beer and wine
        • Meal service throughout the day
          • Computers with Internet access

FULL Flagship Lounge ACCESS RULES (Link)
FULL Flagship First Dining ACCESS RULES (Link)

Complimentary access to the Flagship Lounge is offered if you are:
  • Traveling First Class or Business Class on an American Airlines marketed and operated international* flight. Lounge access is also valid on a same-day itinerary that includes a qualifying international* segment
    • Traveling First Class or Business Class on an American Airlines marketed and operated three-class nonstop transcontinental flight (JFK-LAX, JFK-SFO, MIA-LAX in either direction). Lounge access is also valid on a same-day itinerary that includes a qualifying transcontinental segment
      • An American Airlines AAdvantage® Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro or Platinum customer departing on or connecting to or from an international* flight, operated and marketed by a oneworld® airline, regardless of cabin flown (as long as the next onward segment is also operated and marketed by a oneworld® airline)
        • A oneworld First Class or Business Class international* customer departing on or connecting to or from a oneworld marketed and operated flight (as long as the next onward segment is also operated and marketed by a oneworld® airline)
          • A oneworld Emerald or Sapphire elite customer** (whose Emerald or Sapphire status does not come from AA) departing on or connecting to any oneworld marketed and operated flight, regardless of cabin flown. Access is valid on a same day itinerary

Complimentary access to Flagship First Dining is only offered if you are:
  • Traveling Flagship First on an American Airlines marketed and operated international* flight. You are permitted one guest. Access is also valid on a same-day itinerary that includes a qualifying international* segment in Flagship First.
    • Traveling Flagship First on an American Airlines marketed and operated three-class nonstop transcontinental flight (JFK-LAX, JFK-SFO, MIA-LAX in either direction). No guests permitted. Access is also valid on a same-day itinerary that includes a qualifying transcontinental segment in Flagship First

*For the purpose of Flagship Lounge access, eligible international cities include flights traveling to or from Europe, Asia, Central and South America, Australia, New Zealand and Mexico City only. All other international destinations are excluded from this benefit

**American Airlines AAdvantage Executive Platinum/Emerald/Platinum Pro/Platinum/Sapphire customers traveling on solely North American itineraries do not qualify for Flagship Lounge access. North America is defined as U.S. (including Hawaii and Alaska), Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas and the Caribbean

Customers traveling on airline industry non-revenue tickets are not eligible for access

Links to other JFK Lounges threads:

JFK / John F. Kennedy International Airport Concourse B by Gate 12 Admirals Club

JFK / John F. Kennedy International Airport Concourse C Gate C-42 Admirals Club

List of airlines using JFK Terminal 8:
airberlin
American Airlines / American Eagle
Cathay Pacific
Finnair
LAN / TAM
Qatar Airways

Eligible departing oneworld passengers may access the Admirals Clubs or Flagship Lounges, as listed above.

List of oneworld airlines using JFK Terminal 7:
Alaska
British Airways
Iberia
Qantas
Departing eligible oneworld Emerald and First Class passengers may access:

British Airways First Lounge
LOCATION: Terminal 7 Airside, turn left at the top of the escalator after departures security
HOURS: Daily: 05:00-22:00
NOTE: Access to First Lounge is restricted to Emerald members or those travelling in First Class

Departing oneworld Sapphires and Business Class passengers may access:

British Airways Galleries Lounge
LOCATION:: Terminal 7 Airside, turn left at the top of the escalator after departures security
HOURS: Daily: 05:00-22:00

Alaska Lounge

LOCATION: Terminal 7 Airside, turn left at the top of the escalator after departure security
HOURS: 05:00-20:00

List of AA partner airlines using JFK Terminal 4:
El Al
Etihad Airways

List of AA / oneworld airlines using JFK Terminal 1:
Japan Airlines Departing eligible passengers flying on Japan Airlines may access:

Air France Lounge
HOURS: Daily: 06:00-02:00
NOTE: The lounge is arranged over two levels. The second floor is exclusively for the use of First Class customers, JML, JGP and oneworld Emerald members. Eligible customers will be directed to the second floor by staff at reception.
Operated by a third party. May be used only by eligible customers when travelling on: Japan Airlines

Link to Terminal 8 map on aa.com

Link to map of JFK International Airport (uses JavaScript)

Link to PDF map of JFK and immediate vicinity

Link to online / JPG map of JFK and immediate vicinity

Older posts are archived to: ARCHIVE: JFK / New York John F. Kennedy T8 Flagship Lounge / FL (consolidated)

Print Wikipost

JFK / Kennedy Int'l. Airport Concourse B / Gate B12 Flagship Lounge (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2017, 1:05 pm

Based on my interpretation on the comments so far and the wiki, as a EXP flying CX J, I would only have access to the lounge but not the dining?
Old May 31, 2017, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tphuang
Based on my interpretation on the comments so far and the wiki, as a EXP flying CX J, I would only have access to the lounge but not the dining?
You would not have access to the full Flagship "First" Dining experience, but would have access to the buffet and some limited table service menu items.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 3:04 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I used FL lounge on 5/31, between 3:30 pm and 5:00 pm:
(1)super crowded
(2)wifi had HOT/COLD spots, I was seated near toilets, I could NOT log in, at the agent desk in FL I was able to
(3)Since the re-modeling they no longer have SCONES, but on 5/31 (for about 10 minutes) they had ruggaluch--very tasty...but then they were gone.
(4)I doubt pax are fully aware of the more expanded rules for FL use--(1)may in the near future have to be revised: 'standing room only"
Old Jun 1, 2017, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
One thought....

AA should consider turning part of the AC in the satellite over to an FL space. That large area that you have your backs to when checking in could easily be switched over with some F&B change ups and a switch out of furniture. Wouldn't require a huge amount of effort.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 1:08 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by nrr
(4)I doubt pax are fully aware of the more expanded rules for FL use--(1)may in the near future have to be revised: 'standing room only"
Yep. Exactly as I suspected. Honestly. I know those have disagreed with me when I said that crowding is inevitable in peak periods, and have said that AA knows it's pax numbers, it's elite numbers, it's oneworld elite numbers, per flight and time period, and has definitely done the crunching.

However, something tells me they either haven't, or just don't care. It just doesn't add up. We've all been on those morning transcon flights or peak day flights to LHR or other European cities where half the plane has boarded by the time they get to calling Gold. It's just A LOT of people to provide access to in one medium-sized lounge.

I just don't get it.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 11:14 am
Suspended

Funny thing is; for the renovated LAX Flagship lounge, it's gonna be like 50% of the total lounge space.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Funny thing is; for the renovated LAX Flagship lounge, it's gonna be like 50% of the total lounge space.
Roughly what percentage of the combined FL/AC space does the JFK FL occupy?
Old Jun 3, 2017, 6:54 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
I just noticed that on aa.com the closing time of JFK FL has been changed from 11pm to 1am, presumably for CX 845. F dining is available until 11:30pm.

Originally Posted by dp4m
4) As good as the food is, the dessert needs work / is terrible. I had the chocolate trio (in the photo) and nothing about it was good except the whipped creams. The salted chocolate tart had much too much salt on it (would have been better with just the salted whipped cream it came with), the dark chocolate brioche had a smoke-flavor to it that didn't mesh at all, and the white chocolate berry "soup" was inedible. People next to me appeared to enjoy the apple tartin though, so maybe it's just that dish.
Now that you mentioned it, I do think that the chocolate trio dish was a bit...weird, although it was still better than whatever you can get onboard... Perhaps it's better to go with the sundae as recommended by my server
Old Jun 4, 2017, 1:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, 1865 Voyager, *G
The sundae did sound good... I just wasn't in the mood for chocolate/banana at the time!
Old Jun 7, 2017, 11:26 am

Programs: Delta, HH Diamond, Marriott, AA Gold
Visited the Flagship lounge prior to my flight in Premium Economy to HKG on Cathay Pacific. The Lounge invite was for the Admirals Club but at the desk they said that I could use the Flagship lounge based on my AA status.

Wow, what a difference from a typical lounge in the the US. This is in the range of World Class; not there yet, but a HUGE improvement vs an Admirals Club. Self-serve wines and Champagne, REAL food not cheap snacks. But I'm not sure why the wines have plugs that can be “pumped as the bottles will all be emptied very quickly.

Arrived at 1PM and the lounge was pretty empty and about an hour later there were more people but there were still plenty of seats.

This Lounge is equal to many lounges in Europe but falls short of the CX Lounges in HKG
Old Jan 10, 2018, 10:07 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Did you guys know about this? I'm going to give it a try this Friday evening.....

The Best Kept Secret Of American's Flagship Lounge JFK - One Mile at a Time
Old Jan 10, 2018, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Did you guys know about this? I'm going to give it a try this Friday evening.....

Yes, it's been open since the summer. I first used it back in September and my understanding is that it's Emerald only. I was handed a voucher to pass on the person manning the podium outside it and it only had a oneworld Emerald logo on the invitation. The only issue is the lack of lie back style chairs there.

It's been empty the last few times I've been in there. I will also be there on Friday evening.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 1:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Fraser
Yes, it's been open since the summer. I first used it back in September and my understanding is that it's Emerald only. I was handed a voucher to pass on the person manning the podium outside it and it only had a oneworld Emerald logo on the invitation. The only issue is the lack of lie back style chairs there.

It's been empty the last few times I've been in there. I will also be there on Friday evening.
I had no idea about this and I was at JFK flying to BCN in August.....never got the invite. Where you headed on Fri?
Old Jan 10, 2018, 2:08 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by AANYC1981

Thanks for bumping this!

I'm here at the JFK Flagship Lounge right now and just happened to notice this thread. I was camped out in a corner, but it was definitely getting busy. So I went back to the desk and asked, "is there something called 'Flagship Bridge?'"
The AAgent's eyes lit up, she took me back to show me the space. Then I gathered up my stuff and moved over here.
So far it is just myself and 1 other guy in this whole space. I have another ~45 min before I need to head to the gate, so figured it would be good to relax in peace and quiet. No kids nor any dogs over here
zpaul and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 2:09 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by aztimm
Thanks for bumping this!

I'm here at the JFK Flagship Lounge right now and just happened to notice this thread. I was camped out in a corner, but it was definitely getting busy. So I went back to the desk and asked, "is there something called 'Flagship Bridge?'"
The AAgent's eyes lit up, she took me back to show me the space. Then I gathered up my stuff and moved over here.
So far it is just myself and 1 other guy in this whole space. I have another ~45 min before I need to head to the gate, so figured it would be good to relax in peace and quiet. No kids nor any dogs over here
Awesome! This is one of the best pieces of travel advice/hints I have gotten in a long time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.