Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

JFK / Kennedy Int'l. Airport Concourse B / Gate B12 Flagship Lounge (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2015, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jiburi
JFK / John F. Kennedy International Airport Concourse B Flagship Lounge
Flagship Lounge is within Terminal 8 Concourse B Admirals Cub
Link to JFK Flagship Dining reviews thread.

Link to aa.com information for JFK.

Link to JFK website.

LOCATION: Airside beyond the Security checkpoint, Mezzanine level. Request proximity card from agent for access.

NOTE: The renovated Lounge has now reopened as the "Flagship Lounge" (having temporarily operated as "International First Class Lounge"). See below for detailed access rules. Qualifying oneworld First Class and Business Class flyers and Emerald and Sapphire members bring one guest to the Flagship Lounge.

Only qualifying AA Flagship First flyers have access to Flagship First Dining. One guest permitted for international flyers, no guest for transcon flyers.

HOURS: For current hours, see here.

AMENITIES:
  • Flat screen TVs
    • Private shower suites (shared with adjacent Admirals Club)
      • Premium liquor, beer and wine
        • Meal service throughout the day
          • Computers with Internet access

FULL Flagship Lounge ACCESS RULES (Link)
FULL Flagship First Dining ACCESS RULES (Link)

Complimentary access to the Flagship Lounge is offered if you are:
  • Traveling First Class or Business Class on an American Airlines marketed and operated international* flight. Lounge access is also valid on a same-day itinerary that includes a qualifying international* segment
    • Traveling First Class or Business Class on an American Airlines marketed and operated three-class nonstop transcontinental flight (JFK-LAX, JFK-SFO, MIA-LAX in either direction). Lounge access is also valid on a same-day itinerary that includes a qualifying transcontinental segment
      • An American Airlines AAdvantage® Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro or Platinum customer departing on or connecting to or from an international* flight, operated and marketed by a oneworld® airline, regardless of cabin flown (as long as the next onward segment is also operated and marketed by a oneworld® airline)
        • A oneworld First Class or Business Class international* customer departing on or connecting to or from a oneworld marketed and operated flight (as long as the next onward segment is also operated and marketed by a oneworld® airline)
          • A oneworld Emerald or Sapphire elite customer** (whose Emerald or Sapphire status does not come from AA) departing on or connecting to any oneworld marketed and operated flight, regardless of cabin flown. Access is valid on a same day itinerary

Complimentary access to Flagship First Dining is only offered if you are:
  • Traveling Flagship First on an American Airlines marketed and operated international* flight. You are permitted one guest. Access is also valid on a same-day itinerary that includes a qualifying international* segment in Flagship First.
    • Traveling Flagship First on an American Airlines marketed and operated three-class nonstop transcontinental flight (JFK-LAX, JFK-SFO, MIA-LAX in either direction). No guests permitted. Access is also valid on a same-day itinerary that includes a qualifying transcontinental segment in Flagship First

*For the purpose of Flagship Lounge access, eligible international cities include flights traveling to or from Europe, Asia, Central and South America, Australia, New Zealand and Mexico City only. All other international destinations are excluded from this benefit

**American Airlines AAdvantage Executive Platinum/Emerald/Platinum Pro/Platinum/Sapphire customers traveling on solely North American itineraries do not qualify for Flagship Lounge access. North America is defined as U.S. (including Hawaii and Alaska), Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas and the Caribbean

Customers traveling on airline industry non-revenue tickets are not eligible for access

Links to other JFK Lounges threads:

JFK / John F. Kennedy International Airport Concourse B by Gate 12 Admirals Club

JFK / John F. Kennedy International Airport Concourse C Gate C-42 Admirals Club

List of airlines using JFK Terminal 8:
airberlin
American Airlines / American Eagle
Cathay Pacific
Finnair
LAN / TAM
Qatar Airways

Eligible departing oneworld passengers may access the Admirals Clubs or Flagship Lounges, as listed above.

List of oneworld airlines using JFK Terminal 7:
Alaska
British Airways
Iberia
Qantas
Departing eligible oneworld Emerald and First Class passengers may access:

British Airways First Lounge
LOCATION: Terminal 7 Airside, turn left at the top of the escalator after departures security
HOURS: Daily: 05:00-22:00
NOTE: Access to First Lounge is restricted to Emerald members or those travelling in First Class

Departing oneworld Sapphires and Business Class passengers may access:

British Airways Galleries Lounge
LOCATION:: Terminal 7 Airside, turn left at the top of the escalator after departures security
HOURS: Daily: 05:00-22:00

Alaska Lounge

LOCATION: Terminal 7 Airside, turn left at the top of the escalator after departure security
HOURS: 05:00-20:00

List of AA partner airlines using JFK Terminal 4:
El Al
Etihad Airways

List of AA / oneworld airlines using JFK Terminal 1:
Japan Airlines Departing eligible passengers flying on Japan Airlines may access:

Air France Lounge
HOURS: Daily: 06:00-02:00
NOTE: The lounge is arranged over two levels. The second floor is exclusively for the use of First Class customers, JML, JGP and oneworld Emerald members. Eligible customers will be directed to the second floor by staff at reception.
Operated by a third party. May be used only by eligible customers when travelling on: Japan Airlines

Link to Terminal 8 map on aa.com

Link to map of JFK International Airport (uses JavaScript)

Link to PDF map of JFK and immediate vicinity

Link to online / JPG map of JFK and immediate vicinity

Older posts are archived to: ARCHIVE: JFK / New York John F. Kennedy T8 Flagship Lounge / FL (consolidated)

Print Wikipost

JFK / Kennedy Int'l. Airport Concourse B / Gate B12 Flagship Lounge (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2017, 10:54 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
I was in the lounge yesterday.

Check out the departure gate(s) for the QR flight to DOH showing on two separate monitors in the lounge at the same time.

Bizarre.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 10:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by danger

Check out the departure gate(s) for the QR flight to DOH showing on two separate monitors in the lounge at the same time.

Bizarre.
That's one long plane!
Old Jan 15, 2017, 1:23 pm

And today the wifi doesn't work at all!! Agent says it's been down for 2 days! Unacceptable.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 1:57 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Just went by there 2pm Eastern.

Wifi dead on Friday morning and now Sunday afternoon.
Who operates a lounge without wifi nowadays?!?

If you need to work, better go to the Concourse C Admiral's Club instead
Old Jan 16, 2017, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by nrr
I arrived in JFK Flagship lounge at about 3:00 pm on Fri. 1/13/17, some comments:
(1)the NEW lounge has double the space of the OLD one
(2)By 4:30 pm the lounge was 75% full
(3)Until dinner time, the OLD lounge had nice sandwiches--none on my visit
(4)much larger selection of liquor
(5)there were several seats in alcoves, just like the AMEX CENT. Lounges--same archetect(?)
(6)more stalls in men's toilet
(7)IMHO a super upgrade over the OLD one.
(8)Later in 2017, AA will be allowing lots more pax to have access to their FS lounges--even with it's greater size, I don't see how they'll all fit.
We must have been there around the same time. I got there around 4.45pm on Friday and it was far, far busier than a few weeks back just before Xmas. (I'm glad it wasn't the old facility or else I'd have been camped out on the floor!) Once the new rules come in for access I almost dread to think how busy it'll get!

I'll be through slightly earlier next Monday (have a 5pm flight) and am interested to see what it's like then. The old lounge was usually pretty packed around then.

Bizarre.
Not so weird...look at the HEL flight which is showing 3hr delay and encroaching on the DOH departure, no doubt forcing the change of gate. Of course both screens should show the same departure gate!

Originally Posted by justforfun
And today the wifi doesn't work at all!! Agent says it's been down for 2 days! Unacceptable.
It was pretty terrible on Friday evening too. I was also, for some reason struggling to get a decent data connection on both my T-Mobile and Verizon iPhones.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 9:27 am

Programs: AA EXP

Bizarre.
The BOS and EZE flights also show different gates on the two monitors on that picture.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
I'm in here again today and a couple of good improvements:

1) There's now a very large quiet room just on the left side as you go in. Adds quite a bit of seating! Similar styles of seating as the main part of the lounge. Didn't see this last week when I was in here.
2) The wifi is now password free. I didn't see any of the signs dotted about the lounge so asked. Felt like a bit if an idiot.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 4:03 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Fraser
I'm in here again today and a couple of good improvements:

1) There's now a very large quiet room just on the left side as you go in. Adds quite a bit of seating! Similar styles of seating as the main part of the lounge. Didn't see this last week when I was in here.
2) The wifi is now password free. I didn't see any of the signs dotted about the lounge so asked. Felt like a bit if an idiot.
On my visit (1/13/17), the wifi was S-L-O-W.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nrr
On my visit (1/13/17), the wifi was S-L-O-W.
I was in there on that day too. Could barely log-on.

Must be a new system as there was a splash page with no password. Seemed to be very quick too. I had no issues running very heavy bandwidth programs on my laptop this time.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 11:44 pm

The good news: the agent said the wifi is working today. The bad news: it really wasn't. Totally unusable, again. And my T-mobile hotspot apparently is on the same vacation as the lounge wifi. Have just switched my weekly JFK-CDG on AA to JFK-Orly on Openskies until the situation is rectified. I need to be able to work before the flight.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 11:02 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by justforfun
...Have just switched my weekly JFK-CDG on AA to JFK-Orly on Openskies until the situation is rectified...
Strikes me personally as a far better option regardless.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by JonNYC
Strikes me personally as a far better option regardless.
I hate OpenSkies J (although it's not as bad as it used to be now that there's an airside lounge, as opposed to the old IB lounge that was more akin to a bus station waiting room).
Old Jan 26, 2017, 5:11 pm

Programs: BAEC
Newbie to AA here. I have OW Sapphire Status and I'm flying JFK-MIA on AA in Economy in March. What Lounge access do I have in T8?
Old Jan 26, 2017, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
Newbie to AA here. I have OW Sapphire Status and I'm flying JFK-MIA on AA in Economy in March. What Lounge access do I have in T8?
There's a good help thread for general questions such as yours.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...es-2017-a.html
Old Jan 27, 2017, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I am still a bit unclear as to how dining has changed with the lounge relaunch as all my visits since reopening were dinner time which was always better.

Could anyone give me a sense of what we can expect at lunchtime and early afternoon (12.30-3 transit)? Many thanks!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.