Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

JFK / Kennedy Int'l. Airport Concourse B / Gate B12 Flagship Lounge (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 3, 2015, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jiburi
JFK / John F. Kennedy International Airport Concourse B Flagship Lounge
Flagship Lounge is within Terminal 8 Concourse B Admirals Cub
Link to JFK Flagship Dining reviews thread.

Link to aa.com information for JFK.

Link to JFK website.

LOCATION: Airside beyond the Security checkpoint, Mezzanine level. Request proximity card from agent for access.

NOTE: The renovated Lounge has now reopened as the "Flagship Lounge" (having temporarily operated as "International First Class Lounge"). See below for detailed access rules. Qualifying oneworld First Class and Business Class flyers and Emerald and Sapphire members bring one guest to the Flagship Lounge.

Only qualifying AA Flagship First flyers have access to Flagship First Dining. One guest permitted for international flyers, no guest for transcon flyers.

HOURS: For current hours, see here.

AMENITIES:
  • Flat screen TVs
    • Private shower suites (shared with adjacent Admirals Club)
      • Premium liquor, beer and wine
        • Meal service throughout the day
          • Computers with Internet access

FULL Flagship Lounge ACCESS RULES (Link)
FULL Flagship First Dining ACCESS RULES (Link)

Complimentary access to the Flagship Lounge is offered if you are:
  • Traveling First Class or Business Class on an American Airlines marketed and operated international* flight. Lounge access is also valid on a same-day itinerary that includes a qualifying international* segment
    • Traveling First Class or Business Class on an American Airlines marketed and operated three-class nonstop transcontinental flight (JFK-LAX, JFK-SFO, MIA-LAX in either direction). Lounge access is also valid on a same-day itinerary that includes a qualifying transcontinental segment
      • An American Airlines AAdvantage® Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro or Platinum customer departing on or connecting to or from an international* flight, operated and marketed by a oneworld® airline, regardless of cabin flown (as long as the next onward segment is also operated and marketed by a oneworld® airline)
        • A oneworld First Class or Business Class international* customer departing on or connecting to or from a oneworld marketed and operated flight (as long as the next onward segment is also operated and marketed by a oneworld® airline)
          • A oneworld Emerald or Sapphire elite customer** (whose Emerald or Sapphire status does not come from AA) departing on or connecting to any oneworld marketed and operated flight, regardless of cabin flown. Access is valid on a same day itinerary

Complimentary access to Flagship First Dining is only offered if you are:
  • Traveling Flagship First on an American Airlines marketed and operated international* flight. You are permitted one guest. Access is also valid on a same-day itinerary that includes a qualifying international* segment in Flagship First.
    • Traveling Flagship First on an American Airlines marketed and operated three-class nonstop transcontinental flight (JFK-LAX, JFK-SFO, MIA-LAX in either direction). No guests permitted. Access is also valid on a same-day itinerary that includes a qualifying transcontinental segment in Flagship First

*For the purpose of Flagship Lounge access, eligible international cities include flights traveling to or from Europe, Asia, Central and South America, Australia, New Zealand and Mexico City only. All other international destinations are excluded from this benefit

**American Airlines AAdvantage Executive Platinum/Emerald/Platinum Pro/Platinum/Sapphire customers traveling on solely North American itineraries do not qualify for Flagship Lounge access. North America is defined as U.S. (including Hawaii and Alaska), Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), Bermuda, the Bahamas and the Caribbean

Customers traveling on airline industry non-revenue tickets are not eligible for access

Links to other JFK Lounges threads:

JFK / John F. Kennedy International Airport Concourse B by Gate 12 Admirals Club

JFK / John F. Kennedy International Airport Concourse C Gate C-42 Admirals Club

List of airlines using JFK Terminal 8:
airberlin
American Airlines / American Eagle
Cathay Pacific
Finnair
LAN / TAM
Qatar Airways

Eligible departing oneworld passengers may access the Admirals Clubs or Flagship Lounges, as listed above.

List of oneworld airlines using JFK Terminal 7:
Alaska
British Airways
Iberia
Qantas
Departing eligible oneworld Emerald and First Class passengers may access:

British Airways First Lounge
LOCATION: Terminal 7 Airside, turn left at the top of the escalator after departures security
HOURS: Daily: 05:00-22:00
NOTE: Access to First Lounge is restricted to Emerald members or those travelling in First Class

Departing oneworld Sapphires and Business Class passengers may access:

British Airways Galleries Lounge
LOCATION:: Terminal 7 Airside, turn left at the top of the escalator after departures security
HOURS: Daily: 05:00-22:00

Alaska Lounge

LOCATION: Terminal 7 Airside, turn left at the top of the escalator after departure security
HOURS: 05:00-20:00

List of AA partner airlines using JFK Terminal 4:
El Al
Etihad Airways

List of AA / oneworld airlines using JFK Terminal 1:
Japan Airlines Departing eligible passengers flying on Japan Airlines may access:

Air France Lounge
HOURS: Daily: 06:00-02:00
NOTE: The lounge is arranged over two levels. The second floor is exclusively for the use of First Class customers, JML, JGP and oneworld Emerald members. Eligible customers will be directed to the second floor by staff at reception.
Operated by a third party. May be used only by eligible customers when travelling on: Japan Airlines

Link to Terminal 8 map on aa.com

Link to map of JFK International Airport (uses JavaScript)

Link to PDF map of JFK and immediate vicinity

Link to online / JPG map of JFK and immediate vicinity

Older posts are archived to: ARCHIVE: JFK / New York John F. Kennedy T8 Flagship Lounge / FL (consolidated)

Print Wikipost

JFK / Kennedy Int'l. Airport Concourse B / Gate B12 Flagship Lounge (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2016, 11:25 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by pigx5
I am so confused now.... I will read through the article again tomorrow when I have time. After that I will edit my post and album. Thank you for the info!!
Glad it's not just me.....I've read and re-read the updates and can't keep it straight.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
I'm in the lounge now. Fabulous dinner spread (fancy salads, incredible short rib), a make-your-own-Old-Fashioned station, etc. Quiet and un-crowded even at 5:30pm (prime time at JFK).

Only downside is the wifi is terrible -- kicks you off constantly, broken half the time and slow most of the time when it works. Staff is aware and says it has been a problem for a few days.

Last edited by SJC AA; Dec 15, 2016 at 3:35 pm
Old Dec 24, 2016, 9:51 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I'm flying in Business Class to LAX today with my family. Just to confirm we will not have access to this new lounge and just the normal Admirals Club (im already and AC member)?
Old Dec 24, 2016, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
I'm flying in Business Class to LAX today with my family. Just to confirm we will not have access to this new lounge and just the normal Admirals Club (im already and AC member)?
Correct.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 3:14 pm

Hey guys. I'm on the lounge now waiting for the AA65 to ZRH.
I used the shower. I think there are 7 or 8 available. They are quite big, but look rather unfinished. The ones in São Paulo (albeit being only 3) are way better. For instance, you have a small Toto shower head. The water pressure is not that good. In the São Paulo Club you have the rainfall ones. There is just a tiny white block out of the shower for you to sit when you could have a large bench. I think they realized how stupid it was and decided to put one of those luggage support that you see in some hotels.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by geoshina
I used the shower. I think there are 7 or 8 available. They are quite big, but look rather unfinished. The ones in São Paulo (albeit being only 3) are way better. For instance, you have a small Toto shower head. The water pressure is not that good. In the São Paulo Club you have the rainfall ones. There is just a tiny white block out of the shower for you to sit when you could have a large bench. I think they realized how stupid it was and decided to put one of those luggage support that you see in some hotels.
Ha! I used the shower for the first time last week and thought it was great. I loved the spaciousness and thought that the luggage rack was a great idea. In most lounge showers you have to choose between having a seat to sit on or a place to open your suitcase. This has both. And it's far more spacious than a typical lounge shower. I honestly judged it one of my favorites.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 9:18 pm

Programs: AA XP, BA G, AS 100K, Hyatt G
Originally Posted by geoshina
i used the shower this past Thursday and had the same thought. They are big, new, and functional but plain and do not have the "first class" look.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 7:48 am

Programs: AA Gold Elite
Qatar to JFK in Biz,then AA in F home

Since they both are in Terminal 8, which lounge may I have access to with a 3+ hour layover? Does Qatar have a lounge in Terminal 8? Would prefer that to the AA crowded and noisy lounge.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by sweetsleep
Since they both are in Terminal 8, which lounge may I have access to with a 3+ hour layover? Does Qatar have a lounge in Terminal 8? Would prefer that to the AA crowded and noisy lounge.
The only lounges in T8 are AA's and the Admirals Club in the main section of the terminal (next to the Flagship Lounge) is under renovation. The temporary lounge is quite limited in facilities. So depends what fare class you're flying ex-JFK and what route. If you're on the Flagship SFO or LAX in F, you can use the Flagship lounge. Or if you hold OW Emerald status from any airline other than AA (which it appears is not the case). Otherwise, as an AA Gold on a connecting international itinerary, it's one of the two Admirals Clubs, best one being in the satellite pier. Even on outbound international flights, not sure if AA has an agreement that permits QR (or other OW carriers using T8) to use the Flagship lounge for J customers, just if they're OW Emeralds.

Looking forward to checking out the new Flagship lounge on the morning of the 18th when flying QR's A350.

I used one of the old Flagship showers a couple of months back when returning from HKG/LAX. Found it very large compared to most so not sure how much renovation was needed for most of them.

Last edited by Shareholder; Jan 1, 2017 at 9:22 am
Old Jan 1, 2017, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA Gold Elite
Flying in Biz on QR to JFK,then out in F on AA but not to LAX or SFO sadly. I am permanent gold but that doesn't help me I guess. I do have the master card for access to AC regardless of my cabin.
Well at least I won't have to change terminals for once.
I guess at least the AC won't be super crowded when I arrive so hope to at least get a shower but the bathrooms in that AC get nasty really fast in the late afternoon. Domestic flight departs around 3 so here's hoping.
Thanks for the help
Old Jan 12, 2017, 8:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Just an fyi, since the renovation the wifi has been abysmal. Yesterday not only would it log you out periodically, but it would unavailable for long periods. Brought it the attention of the staff, and they acknowledged it was an ongoing problem. Fine, but how about someone fix it!!

edit: I see SJC AA reported this issue here on Dec. 15. So it's been almost a month with no resolution.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 9:16 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by justforfun
Just an fyi, since the renovation the wifi has been abysmal. Yesterday not only would it log you out periodically, but it would unavailable for long periods. Brought it the attention of the staff, and they acknowledged it was an ongoing problem. Fine, but how about someone fix it!!

edit: I see SJC AA reported this issue here on Dec. 15. So it's been almost a month with no resolution.
I will make sure to carry my personal mobile Wi-Fi with me on the trip, these days cell phones do pretty nice job on Wi-Fi also.

It is possible that quick e-mail to AC via AA.com can be more effective than mentioning to an AAngel at the club. Or communicate via AA Twitter so that rest of the world be able to read about not so good thing about AC can be more effective?
Old Jan 12, 2017, 4:46 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Originally Posted by justforfun

+1. Dropped so many times, and so many futile logins, that I switched to cellular!
Old Jan 14, 2017, 1:06 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I arrived in JFK Flagship lounge at about 3:00 pm on Fri. 1/13/17, some comments:
(1)the NEW lounge has double the space of the OLD one
(2)By 4:30 pm the lounge was 75% full
(3)Until dinner time, the OLD lounge had nice sandwiches--none on my visit
(4)much larger selection of liquor
(5)there were several seats in alcoves, just like the AMEX CENT. Lounges--same archetect(?)
(6)more stalls in men's toilet
(7)IMHO a super upgrade over the OLD one.
(8)Later in 2017, AA will be allowing lots more pax to have access to their FS lounges--even with it's greater size, I don't see how they'll all fit.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Re wifi, I had the same problems during all of my November visits. At the time they blamed the ongoing renovation work indeed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.