Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Mobile App - Old standby/upgrade list on your phone (2013)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Mobile App - Old standby/upgrade list on your phone (2013)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2013, 6:03 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by frebay
I upgraded my AA iphone app and can no longer see this feature. Am I looking in the wrong place?
I upgraded the AA app with IOS7 and can't change my seats on the new app....
Old Oct 29, 2013, 8:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP CONKEY, HYATT GLOB, SPG PLAT
Originally Posted by 1KHI
I have exactly the same question. I am trying to find it for a flight tonight without any luck...
after you have checked in, click the trip, it shows under the details of the flight. Plus, that's also where you can change seats.

(I did both yesterday)
Old Nov 27, 2013, 4:08 pm

Programs: AA PLAT
Running the AA app on iPhone 4S (slumming it, y'all).

1. Drives me crazy: The bar that you tap for upgrades/standby lists: half the time (not sure why the inconsistently) it's covering the button to pull your boarding pass. Awesome. "I swear I'm on this flight. I just can't click on the boarding pass!" Frustrating. I hope it's fixed with the update.

2. Question: sometimes I get an error message that says "Mobile boarding passes are not available for your itinerary" followed by instructions to print one in terminal. Does anyone know why this occurs sometimes? I know it's not due to airports without mobile device scanning equipment because it's happened at the same airports and terminals and gates that I regularly use my phone.
Sometimes I think there's a higher correlation of this occurring when I have checked in on my laptop and printed boarding passes at home. But not 100%. Wish I knew some way to not piss of my app
Old Nov 28, 2013, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
This will be a very welcomed app and you could see how your faring in real time (as opposed to asking the AC staff). Also, I like the idea of being texted/email if the flight is oversold and being able to add your name to the bump list. One thing about the latter I fear is AA going to a bidding system like DL has. Those nice $300 VBs could quickly become $200 or less VBs.
But, don't they currently do something similar. That is, increase the amount if they don't get enough people at a lower amount?
Old Dec 12, 2013, 9:02 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
I'm on iOS 7 and don't see the upgrade list for my flight tonight. Did they remove this feature?
Old Dec 12, 2013, 9:24 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by nevansm
I'm on iOS 7 and don't see the upgrade list for my flight tonight. Did they remove this feature?
Not as far as I can see. I can see the upgrade list for my flight right now.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Go back to the home page and make sure you are logged in. I have seen a bug where I am not logged in, but I can still see my flight details from the last session.
Old Dec 12, 2013, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
Are you within 4 hours of flight time? I think the list is only available within that timeframe.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 3:04 pm

AA mobile app now shows upgrade list on the mobile ! Awesome

AA andoid mobile app now shows upgrade list on the mobile ! Awesome
Download app and then Goto your flight , look for 'upgrade list.'.
Very good job AA.com
Old Dec 14, 2013, 3:27 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by biztraveler2007
AA andoid mobile app now shows upgrade list on the mobile ! Awesome
Download app and then Goto your flight , look for 'upgrade list.'.
Very good job AA.com
As American Airlines is still operating as an independent airline, this question is being moved over to the relevant thread in the pre-merger American Airlines forum.

Please note the sticky at the top of the consolidated thread which is titled Welcome to the New American Airlines Forum! PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING. With all of the changes about, it is important to know where to post, and reading that thread before posting (as the title suggests ) will help get you in the right place.

~Moderator
Old Jan 8, 2014, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA Gold, 1MM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, EI Concierge
Originally Posted by ccengct
Yesterday the app reported that I had cleared the waitlist for an SWU on AA 142 JFK-LHR. Alas, the app was incorrect. The staff person at the JFK FL said that he'd seen this happen "10 times in the past week".

Don't believe anything the app says about upgrades unless you verify with a (human) agent!
I flew LHR -DFW Monday and was waitlisted for upgrade from B class fare to C with 15000 miles deduction.

I was showing as no 1 for upgrade but 4 pax had cleared at positions 5, 9, 11 and 13 on the list....any reasons why this would happen and if they cleared should they not be in pos 1-4 with me in 5 ?
Old Jan 24, 2014, 10:44 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA 1K, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Plat
This App is so inferior to UA and Delta it's ridiculous.

I have flown UA a lot, and while their app has a clunky, outdated interface it is very feature rich and I can do almost anything on it.

The simple fact that flights aren't natively bookable in this app (rather it opens up to the website) puts it far behind the competition.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 8:21 pm

Programs: BD Gold (yes forever), BA Silver, Hilton Gold.
Do you have to have an AA account to view the upgrade list on Android? I friend had used a eVip for me on a upcoming flight and I am currently on the wailtist. I do not want to set up an AA account as I want the miles to credit to BA.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by GeneralVeers
This App is so inferior to UA and Delta it's ridiculous.

I have flown UA a lot, and while their app has a clunky, outdated interface it is very feature rich and I can do almost anything on it.

The simple fact that flights aren't natively bookable in this app (rather it opens up to the website) puts it far behind the competition.
So true, the app is terrible. With an upgrade list only open 4 hours prior, most people are already enroute and dont look at it. And as an EXP, Ive only noticed upgrades clearing 4 hours out anyway. Not impressed at all.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 9:01 am
Suspended

Checking upgrade clearing via App?

Is it possible? Can't seem to find how!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.