Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Mobile App - Old standby/upgrade list on your phone (2013)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Mobile App - Old standby/upgrade list on your phone (2013)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2016, 4:22 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Upgrade list shows on the app in your PNR 4 hours out from departure.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 4:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Yes SDC is free to EXPs. At T-4 check the mobile app and the upgrade list will appear. You might be cleared right before it goes to airport control.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 4:45 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by iadisgreat
Upgrade list shows on the app in your PNR 4 hours out from departure.
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
Yes SDC is free to EXPs. At T-4 check the mobile app and the upgrade list will appear. You might be cleared right before it goes to airport control.

Oh wow. DL shows the upgrade list at check-in so I assumed all airlines did.

SDC online (without having to call in) is pretty cool, I might say!

Thanks, Peeps! ^^
Old Sep 29, 2016, 4:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by 355F1
Oh wow. DL shows the upgrade list at check-in so I assumed all airlines did.

SDC online (without having to call in) is pretty cool, I might say!

Thanks, Peeps! ^^
Just beware if you SDC, it won't activate your upgrade request on the new flight and you'll have to do it at the airport via a kiosk or with an agent. It's very annoying as you risk missing the UPG "sweep" that takes place right before T - 4 hours.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
I've only flown AA once this year and it was in First PHX-SJU.

I earned almost all of my 157,000 EQMs this year flying BA PE/J on my word travels this year.
Somewhat OT, but do make sure you fly three more segments on AA this year. They are enforcing the "you must fly 4 segments on AA to (re)qualify for elite".

Saw it with Mrs. Pickles, who requalified for Platinum months ago on EQMs but her status didn't extend until she completed 4 segments on AA.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 5:05 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Originally Posted by Pickles
Somewhat OT, but do make sure you fly three more segments on AA this year. They are enforcing the "you must fly 4 segments on AA to (re)qualify for elite".

Saw it with Mrs. Pickles, who requalified for Platinum months ago on EQMs but her status didn't extend until she completed 4 segments on AA.
You beat me to it! Foiled again!
Old Sep 29, 2016, 5:54 pm

Programs: AA EP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Just beware if you SDC, it won't activate your upgrade request on the new flight and you'll have to do it at the airport via a kiosk or with an agent. It's very annoying as you risk missing the UPG "sweep" that takes place right before T - 4 hours.
This is incorrect. When doing a SDFC as long as its outside of the 4 hour window (for the new flight) where the reservation system stops trying for auto upgrades, the upgrade request does get transferred over. The trick is to ensure that you wait at least 5 to 10 minutes before checking into the new flight.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 6:13 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by milesandmoremiles
This is incorrect. When doing a SDFC as long as its outside of the 4 hour window (for the new flight) where the reservation system stops trying for auto upgrades, the upgrade request does get transferred over. The trick is to ensure that you wait at least 5 to 10 minutes before checking into the new flight.
Yes. Exactly. I can verify that I did this yesterday and it worked fine. I ended up as #1 but FC went out full so no upgrade for me.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 6:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Did something change because my SDFC are always well in advance of the 4 hour window and then sure enough once the four hour window comes I am not on the active airport list. To an agent they will say it's been transferred but you can tell it hasn't when you're not on the active airport UPG list.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 7:24 pm

Did something change because my SDFC are always well in advance of the 4 hour window and then sure enough once the four hour window comes I am not on the active airport list. To an agent they will say it's been transferred but you can tell it hasn't when you're not on the active airport UPG list.
Not sure about online but recently on the phone I did a SDFC at T-20 after already being upgraded on my original flight. I was upgraded again a few minutes after the call.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 7:30 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
This is not the case unequivocally at all. My experience is that around half the time you need to check in at a kiosk to get readded to the airport list. Pre-airport list always transfers perfectly fine (as I have previously reported). As long as you hit the kiosk prior to T-45 you should be good as it is exceedingly rare that the airport list is processed prior to boarding time.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 8:28 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

It is showing as "Requested" under Upgrades for the new flight.

Originally Posted by Pickles

Oh, I can't requalify. I will finish 2016 with 180,000 EQMs but very little spend. lmao

I only stay with DL because they have the AMEX waiver. I don't spend anywhere near $15k/year on flights! I take a vacation every month but MOST of my flying is on $600 Y fares to Europe, Asia, or $2k J fares to Europe, and a couple MR- weekend trips to South Africa for around $800.

I'm an airline's worst type of customer--no profit!!!!! LoL!!!

I flew AA once this year back in May. I flew 4 segments in First to Puerto Rico. So I got EXP with my MR's/mini/vacations to South Africa in Feb/Mar.

Originally Posted by milesandmoremiles
Originally Posted by iadisgreat
This is not the case unequivocally at all. My experience is that around half the time you need to check in at a kiosk to get readded to the airport list. Pre-airport list always transfers perfectly fine (as I have previously reported). As long as you hit the kiosk prior to T-45 you should be good as it is exceedingly rare that the airport list is processed prior to boarding time.
It IS still showing as "Requested" under Upgrades on the new flight.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 10:12 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I've only flown AA once this year and it was in First PHX-SJU.

I earned almost all of my 157,000 EQMs this year flying BA PE/J on my word travels this year.

I just checked in for my first AA flight in Y (PHX-PDX) and I cannot find where the upgrade list is. I've looked on the app and aa.com.

I'm sorry I have to ask such a stupid question but where is it???? Cuz there are like 5 seats available and they still didn't clear me. The "upgrades" button just tells me it's been requested. I am a DL flyer but decided to switch to OW for 2016 out of boredom and the fact that DL has rollover and I finished 2015 with 303,000 MQMs. lol

(On a side note.....I was also able to SDC onto an earlier flight for free when I checked in! ^ Is this an EXP benefit?)
Are you in fact EP? If so, you may find it expiring at the end of February next year, because: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-1-1-17-a.html (n/a next year, but a requirement for earning status this year).

Also see: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html for a listing of EP benefits.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 10:55 pm

Oh, I can't requalify. I will finish 2016 with 180,000 EQMs but very little spend.
There is no revenue requirement for qualification on AA this year. That will start in the 2017 qualification year for the 2017 / 2018 status years.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 7:17 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by _kurt
There is no revenue requirement for qualification on AA this year. That will start in the 2017 qualification year for the 2017 / 2018 status years.
I meant I can't re-qualify NEXT year with the MQDs. I will hold my EXP til Jan 2018 but will just switch my flying back to DL in 2018. I have trips to Bali and Amsterdam planned on AA already with 2/4 SWUs cleared already for LAX-HKG and LHR-LAX.

I have flown 4 segments on AA this year but in First to SJU.

I got the "you've been upgraded" email at 5:30am today--flight leaves at 10:00.

Yay! My first upgrade on AA metal! LoL

Last edited by 355F1; Sep 30, 2016 at 10:22 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.