Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Mobile App - Old standby/upgrade list on your phone (2013)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Mobile App - Old standby/upgrade list on your phone (2013)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2013, 11:48 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Upgrade list going live

I am updating my AA iPhone app now, and one of the listed changes is "view the upgrade list at 4 hours."

So, it's going live to the non-beta crowd.

Cheers.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 11:59 am

Programs: spg plat, AA PLAT, Hertz 5 star
Originally Posted by brp
I am updating my AA iPhone app now, and one of the listed changes is "view the upgrade list at 4 hours."

So, it's going live to the non-beta crowd.

Cheers.
Can you view the upgrade list on the normal AA.com, I never saw this before, so would this mean that one can see the upgrade list only through this App and not on the usual AA.com???
Old Jul 17, 2013, 12:50 pm

O/T: No Android update yet. Boo. Guess I can always whip out my old iPhone using the Android hotspot =P
Old Jul 17, 2013, 1:45 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Valmiki
Can you view the upgrade list on the normal AA.com, I never saw this before, so would this mean that one can see the upgrade list only through this App and not on the usual AA.com???
At present the upgrade list and stand by list is only viewable on the App, and only on flights that you are booked on.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 2:56 pm

Programs: spg plat, AA PLAT, Hertz 5 star
Originally Posted by HNL
At present the upgrade list and stand by list is only viewable on the App, and only on flights that you are booked on.
I am seeing the update available on my Iphone, will check it out later. I guess Samsung, BB etc will have to wait longer, if ever
Old Jul 17, 2013, 3:02 pm

Programs: AA: PPro, 4MM; HH: Lifetime Diamond; MAR Life Titanium Hertz: Prez Circle
Originally Posted by Valmiki
I am seeing the update available on my Iphone, will check it out later. I guess Samsung, BB etc will have to wait longer, if ever
Live on Google Play for my S3 at ~3pm ET
Old Jul 17, 2013, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
AA Mobile App enhancement- See standby/upgrade list on your phone (coming soon)

just got the Android update and it says you can see upgrade list for ANY flight within 4 hours. am on GoGo right now and trying to look at some flight upgrade lists but can't seem to find how to look at upgrade lists. anybody have a clue?
Old Jul 17, 2013, 3:54 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JMN57
just got the Android update and it says you can see upgrade list for ANY flight within 4 hours. am on GoGo right now and trying to look at some flight upgrade lists but can't seem to find how to look at upgrade lists. anybody have a clue?
ANY flight for which you're on the upgrade list...

See the last few posts here

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ade-lists.html

Cheers.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, JL JGC, Hyatt Glob
Updated my android app just moments ago.

Don't have a flight in the next 4 hours, so not sure about upgrade lists. But what I noticed from the update (or maybe just didn't notice in the past) was the ability to see a copy of my elite status card (with the new look), and a button for "drink coupons" in the "more" menu.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by incognitoMD
Updated my android app just moments ago.

Don't have a flight in the next 4 hours, so not sure about upgrade lists. But what I noticed from the update (or maybe just didn't notice in the past) was the ability to see a copy of my elite status card (with the new look), and a button for "drink coupons" in the "more" menu.
Pretty sure those have been there for a while...
Old Jul 17, 2013, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by brp
ANY flight for which you're on the upgrade list...

See the last few posts here

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ade-lists.html

Cheers.
Actually, in Google Play store it says view the upgrade list "for ANY flight" within 4 hours. Also, most of that thread cited was focused on the iPad/iPhone app and I was asking about the ANDROID app which was just updated. Since I am in air and my next flight is a hair over 4 hours out, I was wanting to check on an illegal (but looking like makeable) connection and its upgrade list. Hence my question.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 4:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, JL JGC, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Antarius
Pretty sure those have been there for a while...
oh..guess I haven't explored the app enough..
Old Jul 17, 2013, 4:16 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Actually, in Google Play store it says view the upgrade list "for ANY flight" within 4 hours. Also, most of that thread cited was focused on the iPad/iPhone app and I was asking about the ANDROID app which was just updated. Since I am in air and I my next flight is a hair over 4 hours out, I was wanting to check on an illegal (but looking like makeable) connection and its upgrade list. Hence my question.
I understand. I know what it says. I'm just telling you how it apparently actually works, and pointing to a thread that already has some discussion about it inasmuch as the basic functionality would be expected to be the same since the engine serving the information is the same.

Cheers.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 4:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP; AC 100K
Just as a point of data, the last two weeks on my flights from PIT I've seen the upgrade/cleared/seats available in 1st on my android app. Don't know if this was on purpose or how they would even differentiate providing the information unless it was pre-planned, but take it for $0.02. If it's there tomorrow (although I'm not on the upgrade list), I'll take a screenshot and post here.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 4:55 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Sorry for any inconsistencies in flow. As the mobile app enhancements were being discussed in two different threads, they're now merged.

Thanks for your understanding. /Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.