Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Mobile App - Old standby/upgrade list on your phone (2013)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Mobile App - Old standby/upgrade list on your phone (2013)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2017, 10:19 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by zoombee
I rang the EXP desk to try and find out where a colleague of mine is on the upgrade list for AA100 today (using my SWU) but was told they can't see it. Is that accurate? It showed J5 R4 D2 I0 C0 but it's hard to know what that means in terms of odds. -- does he need to be checked in first?
I think what they really meant is they aren't supposed to tell you so it was easier to say they can't see rather than say I can see it but won't say.

Usually when/if I call I ask something more vague, like what do you think my chances of clearing the upgrade list? Then most agents will usually respond with something like it looks really good or not good at all. Sometimes they will even say you are #x on the list (but I don't expect a direct response). Also you knowing the number isn't helpful as the list is dynamic.

Technically I think the policy is not to disclose your WL number.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 6:26 pm

Programs: AA PPro
Originally Posted by neo_781
I think what they really meant is they aren't supposed to tell you so it was easier to say they can't see rather than say I can see it but won't say.

Usually when/if I call I ask something more vague, like what do you think my chances of clearing the upgrade list? Then most agents will usually respond with something like it looks really good or not good at all. Sometimes they will even say you are #x on the list (but I don't expect a direct response). Also you knowing the number isn't helpful as the list is dynamic.

Technically I think the policy is not to disclose your WL number.

Many thanks. Agent said "odds are good" and so it proved. Upgrade cleared at gate.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 6:26 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
This is now being discussed in the current thread here:

New Waitlist, Upgrade, Standby Features on iOS Mobile App “May” 2020

~Moderator

Last edited by Microwave; Aug 11, 2022 at 9:23 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.