Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

New Waitlist, Upgrade, Standby Features on iOS Mobile App “May” 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2020, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Upgraded the AA app and the features says "The new 'Waitlist' includes both the upgrade and standby list. We'll show the upgrade list by the cabin you requested. And once your request clears, you'll see your name highlighted along with your new seat.'

Not flying yet, has anyone seen this?
Old Apr 22, 2020, 2:18 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by longtimereader firstimeposter
Upgraded the AA app and the features says "The new 'Waitlist' includes both the upgrade and standby list. We'll show the upgrade list by the cabin you requested. And once your request clears, you'll see your name highlighted along with your new seat.'

Not flying yet, has anyone seen this?
This is not a new feature. It's been around for quite awhile (not sure exactly how long). I think what's new is that it's available earlier than before (used to only be available 4 hours prior to departure. Others that pay more attention will chime in with the details I'm sure.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AAway
This is not a new feature. It's been around for quite awhile (not sure exactly how long). I think what's new is that it's available earlier than before (used to only be available 4 hours prior to departure. Others that pay more attention will chime in with the details I'm sure.
i haven’t travelled since early March but I didn’t see what was described in their May release. Odd it wasn’t mentioned sooner in the features:

Old Apr 22, 2020, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by AAway
It is indeed a new feature. The lists have been updated to show the requests by cabin (rather than a single list for all cabins), and now include some types of requests they previously did not show and were only visible to the GA (for example, when a paying F passenger got bumped back to Y due to IROPS and is waiting for a seat back up front).
Old Apr 22, 2020, 8:09 pm
Original Poster

Here’s the TPG article on it:

https://thepointsguy.com/news/americ...-upgrade-list/
JDiver and ronp101 like this.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 9:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Nothing really new if you’re following this stuff
Old Apr 23, 2020, 5:02 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
have not looked at the app in about 2 months.. no point.. all my trips for April and May are cancelled.. but then again.. just go a time to check in alert from AA yesterday..
Old Apr 23, 2020, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by javabytes
It is indeed a new feature. The lists have been updated to show the requests by cabin (rather than a single list for all cabins), and now include some types of requests they previously did not show and were only visible to the GA (for example, when a paying F passenger got bumped back to Y due to IROPS and is waiting for a seat back up front).
This is different! Excellent news and a welcome change.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 1:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
I think the new "thing" is that it will show your seat assignment. I saw this being rolled out a few months back with gate monitors.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 7:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM; HH Gold; Bonvoy Gold; Wynd Diamond
Upgrade/Standby Lists in App - when visible?

When do the upgrade and standby lists begin to display in the app?
Old Aug 10, 2022, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
12 6 hours before departure. (Corrected)

-FlyerBeek
ptsailor likes this.

Last edited by FlyerBeek; Aug 10, 2022 at 10:04 pm Reason: Corrected
Old Aug 10, 2022, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
6 hours before departure.

-FlyerBeek
12hr now
jhalapin, FlyerBeek and ptsailor like this.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 8:38 am

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
Note though that it only shows people who have checked-in up to the point that you refresh it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.