Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Mobile App - Old standby/upgrade list on your phone (2013)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Mobile App - Old standby/upgrade list on your phone (2013)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2013, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
"This version is not compatible with your device".
Old Jul 17, 2013, 6:54 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by swag
"This version is not compatible with your device".
Reminds me of what I used to hear during my dating life...

Cheers.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 8:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP | UA Million Miler Gold (former decade-long 1K) | SPG Plat | Hyatt Plat | Avis Chairman
BIG thumbs up, AA!

There was literally only one thing I liked about the UA/CO merger - their app improvements, specifically the addition of upgrade/standby lists to the pmUA version. If AA's app enhancement lives up to the description, I can now say there is nothing I like better over at COdbaUA.

Looking forward to someone reporting their user experience soon... just finished a few segments with wait-listed upgrades (would have come in handy ); no more for a while.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 8:40 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JMN57
Actually, in Google Play store it says view the upgrade list "for ANY flight" within 4 hours. Also, most of that thread cited was focused on the iPad/iPhone app and I was asking about the ANDROID app which was just updated. Since I am in air and my next flight is a hair over 4 hours out, I was wanting to check on an illegal (but looking like makeable) connection and its upgrade list. Hence my question.
All Apps only allow you to view the upgrade and stand-by lists for flights that you are on. The release notes are not accurate.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 10:29 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by HNL
Originally Posted by JMN57
Actually, in Google Play store it says view the upgrade list "for ANY flight" within 4 hours. Also, most of that thread cited was focused on the iPad/iPhone app and I was asking about the ANDROID app which was just updated. Since I am in air and my next flight is a hair over 4 hours out, I was wanting to check on an illegal (but looking like makeable) connection and its upgrade list. Hence my question.
All Apps only allow you to view the upgrade and stand-by lists for flights that you are on. The release notes are not accurate.
I was able to see the upgrade list for my flight but not the illegal connection I wanted to catch. Wording on the release notes is poor. I think they meant all flights are accessible but only those for where you are on the list.

Turned out it worked for me anyhow. EF helped me understand what the likely scenario was, my inbound was early, the illegal connection was late and I caught it. Original flight delayed too. Sometimes things work out.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Where is it visible? Don't have a mainline flight for a few weeks so can't check it out myself.
Old Jul 25, 2013, 10:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1M
Just got an invite to trial a new version of the app here in Dallas. I have to actually go somewhere to do it. I am curious so may give it a shot.

Wondering though what more advancements they might be able to offer however.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 6:31 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT (2 MM); Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Not working for me. Was on the airport upgrade list EWR > ORD last night and could not get the app to show me the list within the 4 hour window. Was flying Eagle. Is this live only for mainline? Are they rolling this out gradually?
Old Jul 27, 2013, 4:44 pm

Programs: AA (PPro/3MM/Admirals Club), AS, UA, Marriott (Gold), HHonors (Gold), Accor (Plat)
Originally Posted by HNL
My last 4 segments - I was upgraded early (yay). I could see the upgrade list for all 4 flights at the 4-hour point, even though I wasn't on it.

The standby list didn't work for any of them. One flight had a boatload of standbys on it but the standby list "tab" was greyed out and didn't respond to a press. Didn't check the gate list for the other 3 flights.

iPhone 5.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 7:07 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Flew standby on a later flight today, and despite being added to the list I was never able to pull the rez up again on my phone once the original itinerary had been cancelled.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I've found the iPhone app upgrade list to be highly inaccurate so far.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
App upgrade list

Is the ug list that I see on my phone inclusive of both y-j and j-a upgrade requests? Or, is it just the list that applies to my request?
Old Oct 16, 2013, 10:55 am

Programs: AA LTP, Bonvoy Titanium; AA CK before I retired
Originally Posted by metallo
I've found the iPhone app upgrade list to be highly inaccurate so far.
Yesterday the app reported that I had cleared the waitlist for an SWU on AA 142 JFK-LHR. Alas, the app was incorrect. The staff person at the JFK FL said that he'd seen this happen "10 times in the past week".

Don't believe anything the app says about upgrades unless you verify with a (human) agent!
Old Oct 18, 2013, 2:26 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, AA Exec Plat
I upgraded my AA iphone app and can no longer see this feature. Am I looking in the wrong place?
Old Oct 29, 2013, 5:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by frebay
I upgraded my AA iphone app and can no longer see this feature. Am I looking in the wrong place?
I have exactly the same question. I am trying to find it for a flight tonight without any luck...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.