Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Mobile App - Old standby/upgrade list on your phone (2013)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Mobile App - Old standby/upgrade list on your phone (2013)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2012, 11:20 am

Programs: AA PLT, UA GLD
very useful feature. that's how I found out the GA could process standby out of order -- happened to me twice, same day, as I saw the gate monitor had list shorter than on the phone, and the passenger on the phone list, below me, got processed before me. for the second flight, the GA asked me first whether I would do a favor for the guy below me.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 11:55 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP , Avis Presidents Club, Marriot Titanium
I'm not seeing it on my phone. Checked in and added to airport standby on my iPhone. Is their a time when it shows up? 2 hrs before flight?
Old Apr 5, 2012, 12:02 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by gemac
In fairness, the post you are quoting was posted about a month ago. At that time, it might have been "weeks ago".
To be fair, I was being generous in my reply - they released that feature in 2010.

http://aa.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=2975
Old Jun 7, 2012, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Has the upgrade wait list feature been released yet? If so where do I go to check?

Thanks.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by neo_781
Has the upgrade wait list feature been released yet? If so where do I go to check?

Thanks.
I just downloaded the iPhone AA app... Looks OK, nothing special.

I also was looking for the upgrade standby list, but that does not appear to be available yet...

In this case, AA could copy some things from the UA app!
Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:45 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Have they removed this functionality? I used the iPhone app a couple of times before to check position on standby list, but now I can't access it. I have updated app since then, and wondered if I'm just being dense or it's been removed.......?
Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:49 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Better late than never, maybe, but I use the FlightBoard app and find it excellent for arrivals, departures, gates information, etc. for a number of airlines (good to have in case of irrops and a Rule 80 / 240 request) for a bunch of airports.

Originally Posted by Time traveller
UA/CO has had this feature for quite a while, so it should be a good feature to add to the AA mobile app. Any plans for AA to add the flight info of the arriving flight?
Old Dec 31, 2012, 5:49 am

Programs: SPG Plat
Is this still around?
Old Dec 31, 2012, 6:29 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by silverforumsurf
Is this still around?
Well the standby list is there, but it looks like they never put in the upgrade list functionality. Also, I would swear that you used to be able to see the incoming flight info but I don't think you can anymore in the app.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Wirelessly posted (Apple iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_0_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A551 Safari/8536.25)

You can see incoming flight info on the mobile version of AA.com.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:39 am

Programs: UGS, AA CK
The app is one area where united currently has AA beat...
Old Jan 3, 2013, 11:09 am

Programs: SPG Plat
I can't seem to find any place to check standby lists, I looked at both flight status and my reservations (after requesting standby)...
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by silverforumsurf
I can't seem to find any place to check standby lists, I looked at both flight status and my reservations (after requesting standby)...
I also have no idea how to view the upgrade standby list on the app... useless!
Old Jan 10, 2013, 10:50 am

Programs: AA EXP CONKEY, HYATT GLOB, SPG PLAT
you can't view the upgrade list on the AA app. You CAN see the standby list, IF you are ON the standby list. Otherwise, it doesn't show.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by mrowl
you can't view the upgrade list on the AA app. You CAN see the standby list, IF you are ON the standby list. Otherwise, it doesn't show.
Thanks for the explanation. Too bad!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.