Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Miles For New Citibank Checking Account [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 24, 2013, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

AAdvantage Miles for Opening New Citibank Checking Account

I'm copying information from various posts that I found useful

1. So online transfers of funds from other banks (Bank of America) or Fidelity accounts will count as direct deposits - is that correct?
CORRECT

2. To get the 30K AA miles, does the Direct deposits have to be for a certain dollar amount? (I realize that there is a $30 monthly fee for the Gold acct if balance is not $50K)
NO MINIMUM DIRECT DEPOSIT REQUIREMENT

3. How long must the direct deposit funds remain with Citibank?
NO REQUIREMENT - NEEDS TO POST AND AFFECT YOUR BALANCE

4. For the debit purchases of $750, just choose the "credit" option instead of debit option at payment - is that correct?
I CHOSE CREDIT, OTHERS HAVE DONE DEBIT AND GOT MILES

5. Like the idea of purchasing a money order at Walmart (of course, depends on the fee). So has this be acceptable to meet the debit purchase of $750 for the offer?
YES

6. Since there is a long delay in getting the account info, checks, and debit card when opening an account online, should I just go into a branch in person to open such an account - is this an option? If not, does Citibank adjust the "60 day from account opening" if you notify them when the materials are not received for several weeks.

YOU CAN GO TO BRANCH TO OPEN ACCOUNT, TAKE OFFER CODE WITH YOU

Does it require Credit Pull?
No. It's a soft pull. However, you will be denied if your credit reports are frozen.

Easiest ways to meet requirements
One single WM MO to meet the spend requirement, and DD was met by ACH from Amazon Payments.
Print Wikipost

AA Miles For New Citibank Checking Account [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2013, 10:55 am

Programs: AA PLT
I used a tax payment earlier in the year to meet the requirement for this offer, it posted as debit.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by ftbargain
You made $750 purchase as CREDIT or DEBIT ?
I paid my taxes online. Not sure how that came out since I can't view my account online anymore.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 9:25 pm

Programs: Krisflyer, Asia Miles, Miles and Bonus
A quick question. After meeting the direct deposit and debit requirements, will I still get my 30000 AA miles if I were to downgrade from Citigold to another account as I don't want to deposit 50k into my Citigold account to avoid the $30 monthly fee? Thanks.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by bensim
A quick question. After meeting the direct deposit and debit requirements, will I still get my 30000 AA miles if I were to downgrade from Citigold to another account as I don't want to deposit 50k into my Citigold account to avoid the $30 monthly fee? Thanks.
you'll have to keep the gold until you meet the requirements and the points post, but since Citi never said you need to keep the account open for X months or forfeit points.. you can convert on the day the points post. If it was not for the crappy mobile, citi gold is not that bad as if you sign up for auto save etc etc you earn enough thankyou points to get the fee down to 15 dollars a month, now add some of the stuff you get, while not refunding ATM fees it does carry a few goodies. Pair this with the executive ThankYou card (50 dollars off for Citi customers), if flying a bit this card gives you some significant savings on flights.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 11:53 am

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
data point:
opened a/c 3rd week of Oct.
last week of Oct: DD from amazon payments and square
first week of Nov: DD from amazon payments and square
first week of Nov: recd debit card and loaded BB at WM kate, in 2 transactions adding > $750

Sent secure message a few days ago to confirm requirements have been met and got a message saying miles will post within 90 days.

Now waiting for miles to post
Old Nov 12, 2013, 11:16 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA Ex Plat
Opened account October 3rd in branch and the branch employee kept trying to convince me that TY point are better than AAdvantage miles to no avail. He than told me that there was no promo including AAdvantage miles and argued with me until I was able to find my promo code in my iphone he reluctanctly opened the account with the promo code but after I left I realized that he never asked me for my AAdvantage account number so I called the 1800# and gave it to them but they told me that they would simply notate the account with my FF #. At this point i dont have a lot of confidence that the miles will be credited to my FF#, has anyone had similar issues?
Old Nov 12, 2013, 3:35 pm

Programs: UA/AA
Yes, I opened the account at the branch and specifically told them I would like to receive the miles and was never asked for my mileage acct number.
Later, when realizing this omission , I concluded they have it already based on the code that came in the mail. Surely I will keep watching this one.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by Paiteaw
Yes, I opened the account at the branch and specifically told them I would like to receive the miles and was never asked for my mileage acct number.
Later, when realizing this omission , I concluded they have it already based on the code that came in the mail. Surely I will keep watching this one.
I seem to recall that when I did this the first time around, that happened to me also. When I called to give them my AA #, they said they didn't need it, and that they could find my account without the #. I gave it to them anyway, and got the miles. Not sure if my extra effort mattered or not.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 11:24 am

Citigold Aadvantage offer and Bluebird

does anyone know if a transfer from bluebird to citigold checking account will count as a direct deposit? I know people previously said that paypal will work. Would it be considered a direct deposit? I was planning on posting money into the account and then use my card to buy $750 vanilla reload and then transfer back to citi from bluebird. any insight?
Old Nov 21, 2013, 6:50 pm

Got this offer code by email / mail to a couple different friends, so it could be shareable. YMMV. DKBX1SR487

At the very least you could search for this code in your email.

I did a google search and didnt see anyone else most this code yet.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 6:56 pm

You can type it into offer.citibank.com
If you click promotion disclosure you should be able to verify the bonus, and requirements.
I believe you need to have a Citi AA credit card for this to work, but might need to have received the email as well, according to the promotion disclosure
Old Dec 3, 2013, 7:46 pm

Posting my experience for reference.

7/26/2013 - Applied online through targeted email

8/02/2013 - Received my Debit Card

I went on a trip in August so I didn't start meeting the requirements till the end of the month.

8/28/2013 - Amazon Payments deposit into account
8/29/2013 - PayPal deposit into account

9/03/2013 - Deposited cash into account and bought a $755 money order at Wal-Mart, as debit transaction where I entered my PIN.

9/05/2013
- One additional Amazon Payments and one additional PayPal deposit into the account

9/06/2013 - Direct deposit of my paycheck just in case.

11/13/2013
- 30,000 miles posted into my AAdvantage account
Old Dec 4, 2013, 10:57 am

Without having to read through the whole thread, can someone advise me of how one knows if an offer code is valid?

I have a targeted offer from them for 30K for CitiGold, but it says it expired end of August. If I put the offer code in, it seems to take it, but no where during the application process does it show any mention of the miles (I didn't actually go all the way to end for fear of submitting something).

How is one to verify that they are actually signing up under an eligible offer?
Old Dec 5, 2013, 1:09 pm

See my post 896, it gives directions to view the terms of the offer.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by spicecake
See my post 896, it gives directions to view the terms of the offer.
Awesome...that's what I was looking for.

So it looks like the code given a few up "DKBX1SR487" will give 30K miles.

Is 30k what this offer usually tops up at? If so, think I will pull the trigger.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.