Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Non-revenue / nonrev / NRSA travel issues (terms conditions, etc.) (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Non-Revenue Space Available and Related AA Travel

NOTE: Non-revenue passengers no longer have to abide by a dress code, merely appear neat and clean, not offensive - same as revenue passengers. July 2017.
Print Wikipost

Non-revenue / nonrev / NRSA travel issues (terms conditions, etc.) (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2016, 9:46 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by contend315
What are these worth? Trying to understand more about them as I have a few hours to decide if I want it or not. Any help and knowledge is greatly appreciated.
Designated by AA employee instead of their spouse. Does anyone have experience with this scenario?
Into the NRSA thread this discussion goes.

As a reminder, FlyerTalk is not a community centred on NRSA travel, and you may find answers to this type of question more readily in other venues. Not saying we can't have the discussion here, just being clear about the audience we have and how it may differ from audiences on other sites.

~Moderator
Old Dec 24, 2016, 12:28 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Designated by AA employee instead of their spouse. Does anyone have experience with this scenario?

Thanks!
As a registered companion, you receive the same boarding priority (D1 and D2) as the employee or his/her dependents; however, the value of the trips is considered imputed income which has to be declared on your tax return (you will get a 1099 form at the end of the year).
Old Dec 24, 2016, 9:11 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Danski
Does anyone know what these types (A2, A4, A6) of passes/priorities are? I understand that they're NRPS - but not who they apply to.
The A is positive space. The # represents corresponding pay grade. LAA managing directors and above receive positive space, LUS certain managers did and have been grandfathered in. This exception, along with elevating the status of TWA retirees (those who retired/separated from TWA prior to the transaction closing on 4/10/2001) to D2R from TWR are why many AA retirees are particularly peeved. Many AA retirees feel they should be grandfathered in and expectations were set by old management that they would retain the standby privileges as active employees particularly among those who took part in voluntary early out packages.

Last edited by AAerSTL; Dec 24, 2016 at 9:19 pm Reason: spelling
Old Dec 26, 2016, 8:04 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by TWA884
As a registered companion, you receive the same boarding priority (D1 and D2) as the employee or his/her dependents; however, the value of the trips is considered imputed income which has to be declared on your tax return (you will get a 1099 form at the end of the year).
It's actually the employee who is taxed on the value of the RC's travel. It is included as imputed income on the employee's paystub shortly after travel occurs.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 6:22 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL , IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold - 2009 FT Fantasy Football Champion
Those that use the AA20 benefit, do you find your fare (AA.COM), put it on hold and then your employee sponsor calls and completes the booking?
Not clear how the process works.
There is also no limit on usage?
Thanks for any insight or thoughts!
Old Apr 4, 2017, 7:15 am

Programs: AA EX PLAT
Originally Posted by sobore
Those that use the AA20 benefit, do you find your fare (AA.COM), put it on hold and then your employee sponsor calls and completes the booking?
Not clear how the process works.
There is also no limit on usage?
Thanks for any insight or thoughts!
AA20 tickets are only available to employees, spouses, travel companions, children and parents. All must be registered in the employees travel pass account. They verify this. Go on aa.com to hold the reservation, then call 888-WE-FLY-AA (888-933-5922) for booking and purchasing assistance. No limit on useage.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 10:17 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL , IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold - 2009 FT Fantasy Football Champion
Originally Posted by airmarc
AA20 tickets are only available to employees, spouses, travel companions, children and parents. All must be registered in the employees travel pass account. They verify this. Go on aa.com to hold the reservation, then call 888-WE-FLY-AA (888-933-5922) for booking and purchasing assistance. No limit on useage.
Thanks airmarc!
I am eligible, just looking for peoples experience on usage.
Sounds like book and hold and have the transaction completed by the employee.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 5:57 am

Programs: Aadvantage, Skymiles
AA will eliminate Non-rev dress code (to merge)

I didn't see this posted on here, so here it is.
I, for one, can't wait until I can wear my leggings, shorts, or flip-flops as an NRSA. Kidding, of course, but this will be interesting. Doug Parker announced yesterday that Non-rev traveler dress standard will be the same as revenue customers. If attire is clean and neat and not offensive, it flies. Even in PREMIUM cabins.

Parker said the new policy will help gate agents focus on providing service to revenue customers.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 7:24 am

Programs: AA Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Diamond
I fly Non-Rev as well (As a Registered Companion of a family member) and this announcement is welcome in the fact that I don't have to wear jeans to places like Phoenix and Palm Springs where it has been crazy hot this summer. Hopefully the new NRSA dresscode will not create any issues.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 7:30 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I thought the relaxed dress code was announced months (if not over a year) ago?
Old Jul 19, 2017, 7:32 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Please dress for comfort these days even in premium cabins so it seems reasonable to move the expectations for non-revs as well. It's not the 1950s
Old Jul 19, 2017, 8:42 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

"Will eliminate".. Is there an implementation date that we're aware of?
Old Jul 19, 2017, 9:22 am

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by ajeleonard
Please dress for comfort these days even in premium cabins so it seems reasonable to move the expectations for non-revs as well. It's not the 1950s
Agree. Not saying I want to see people in F in a wifebeater and cutoff jean shorts, but a decent pair of shorts and a clean tshirt isn't unreasonable these days.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 9:43 am

Programs: AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by bchandler02
Agree. Not saying I want to see people in F in a wifebeater and cutoff jean shorts, but a decent pair of shorts and a clean tshirt isn't unreasonable these days.
All you have to do is look at your tablet book or just mind your own business and you won't notice my wifebeater or cutoff jeans.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 9:56 am

Programs: Aadvantage, Skymiles
Originally Posted by IAHtraveler
"Will eliminate".. Is there an implementation date that we're aware of?
Effective immediately, I think. I didn't see an date anywhere in the message. IMO shorts are not a good idea for safety/hygiene reasons, so neither Mr. Kellzbellz nor I will be wearing shorts in any cabin.

This "should" eliminate many of the problems with agents randomly denying boarding or premium cabin seating to Non-revs. At least I hope it will.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.