Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Non-revenue / nonrev / NRSA travel issues (terms conditions, etc.) (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Non-Revenue Space Available and Related AA Travel

NOTE: Non-revenue passengers no longer have to abide by a dress code, merely appear neat and clean, not offensive - same as revenue passengers. July 2017.
Print Wikipost

Non-revenue / nonrev / NRSA travel issues (terms conditions, etc.) (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2016, 3:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I would love to know if there is an NRSA sitting in 12F on AA 20 right now...can anyone confirm?
Old Sep 24, 2016, 10:30 am

Programs: AA Gold, Enterprise PLT, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
I would love to know if there is an NRSA sitting in 12F on AA 20 right now...can anyone confirm?
AA 20 on 9/23 from SFO, shows person with 12F as elite upgrade (UPG1), not nonrev. Looks like they had a companion with them too.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 7:02 am

is AA20 like a buddy pass? do i wait to sit until all have been seaten?
Old Oct 20, 2016, 7:52 am

A2, A4, A6 passes?

Does anyone know what these types (A2, A4, A6) of passes/priorities are? I understand that they're NRPS - but not who they apply to.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 9:29 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by ugore
is AA20 like a buddy pass? do i wait to sit until all have been seaten?
AA20 is a discount of any published fare for confirmed travel; it is not a pass. Passengers using those tickets are treated exactly the same as any other passenger.

From the 2016 edition of the Travel Guide:
The company offers a 20 percent discount off published fares displayed on aa.com for positive space travel on American and American Eagle flights.

When you use an AA20 ticket, a confirmed reservation is created and you are considered a revenue passenger. This means that you are subject to all requirements and restrictions applicable to the fare purchased, including ticket-change fees. While you are liable for any excess baggage charges, as an employee or retiree, you and your eligible travelers are exempt from the first and second checked-bag fees.

You are also eligible for all services and amenities provided to revenue passengers. The non-revenue dress guidelines do not apply to AA20 travel.

<snip>

Eligibility
AA20 travel is valid, without limit, for you and the following pass travelers:
• Your spouse or domestic partner (DP) or registered companion (RC)
• Your qualified children up to age 24
• Your designated parents
Originally Posted by Danski
Does anyone know what these types (A2, A4, A6) of passes/priorities are? I understand that they're NRPS - but not who they apply to.
"A pass" travel is for high ranking company executives and union officials, deadheading crews and employees traveling on company business.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 11:30 am
EMT

Programs: American Airlines
Nonrev travel while employee is on disability

Hi all,
I hope everyone is having a great day. I am writing this here because I am hesitant to contact the airline at this time. My dad who has been an employee at American and has been there for at least 12 years or so recently had emergency surgery on an abdominal hernia he obtained while at work. I am currently collaborating with his physician to ensure that he can get some sort of disability from the airline. He is not officially on disability yet to my knowledge, but the airline also has us just doing paperwork proving his disability. According to his bosses at work, they are still willing to hold his position if the paperwork is approved.
However, the intention of this post is not to give a sob story, but to ask if anyone knows if his employee benefits, including nonrevenue travel is still accessible to us as a family? I am curious as to whether or not anyone else has experienced this issue, but if you have and have any advice or tips I would appreciate it.
Thank you all for your consideration and please post if you have any information as to if my dad still has his employee benefits at this time?
Old Nov 15, 2016, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Welcome to Flyertalk.

Your question would be better directed to your father's union than here, which is primarily a group of frequent flyers (revenue, not NRSA). The union leadership should know the answer and your father should be able to rely on their answer.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 11:51 am

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
If possible, I'd request the union's answer to your question in writing. Things have ability to get mis-communicated when it is via verbal communication.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 12:11 pm
Suspended

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html
Old Nov 15, 2016, 5:06 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by EMT
However, the intention of this post is not to give a sob story, but to ask if anyone knows if his employee benefits, including nonrevenue travel is still accessible to us as a family? I am curious as to whether or not anyone else has experienced this issue, but if you have and have any advice or tips I would appreciate it.
The answer is on page 23 the American Travel Guide (formerly American Airlines Trip Book) which is linked in the wikipost at the top of the page:
If you are unable to report for work as scheduled due to illness or any other reason, including intermittent family leave for yourself or to care for an eligible family member, are on an unauthorized absence, or withheld from service and remain on payroll (paid or unpaid), your travel privileges will be discontinued. However, you will maintain travel privileges for your eligible dependents, parents and guest travelers.
Old Dec 24, 2016, 1:37 am

Programs: UA
AA Yearly Companion Pass

What are these worth? Trying to understand more about them as I have a few hours to decide if I want it or not. Any help and knowledge is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance and Merry Christmas!
Old Dec 24, 2016, 6:05 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
I don't know what you're talking about... Link?
Old Dec 24, 2016, 6:05 am

The only yearly companion pass I am aware of is Southwest Airlines
American Airlines Companion Certificate. Are you writing about the one time companion pass?

The primary cardmember will earn a $99 domestic economy fare American Airlines Companion Certificate provided that: (1) $30,000 or more in eligible purchases are made with the CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® card during the card membership year (each 12 month period prior to the account anniversary date) and (2) the account remains open for at least 45 days after the anniversary date. After these conditions are met, please allow at least 8-10 weeks for delivery of the Companion Certificate. When used according to its terms, the primary cardmember will pay a $99 companion ticket fee plus $21.60 to $43.20 in government taxes and fees, depending on itinerary, for one round trip qualifying domestic economy fare ticket for a companion when an individual round trip qualifying domestic Main Cabin fare ticket is purchased and redeemed through American Airlines Meeting Services. Travel must be booked and purchased in select Main Cabin inventory. The certificate will be valid one year from issue. Valid for travel on flights within the 48 contiguous United States on flights marketed and operated by American Airlines, or on flights marketed by American Airlines and operated as American Eagle® flights by Compass Airlines, LLC, Envoy Air Inc., ExpressJet Airlines, Inc., Mesa Airlines, Inc., Republic Airline Inc., PSA Airlines, Inc., Piedmont Airlines, Inc., Air Wisconsin Airline Corp., SkyWest Airlines, Inc., or Trans States Airlines, LLC. For residents of Alaska and Hawaii, the companion certificate is valid for round-trip travel originating in either of those two states and continuing to the 48 contiguous United States. The Companion Certificate is not redeemable for air travel on any oneworld® carrier or on an American Airlines codeshare flight. Applicable terms and conditions are subject to change without notice. Details, terms and conditions, certain restrictions, and restricted dates apply and will be disclosed on the certificate.

Last edited by Microwave; Dec 24, 2016 at 6:19 am Reason: Added QUOTE to clarify content
Old Dec 24, 2016, 6:23 am

Programs: UA
Designated by AA employee instead of their spouse. Does anyone have experience with this scenario?

Thanks!
Old Dec 24, 2016, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by contend315
Designated by AA employee instead of their spouse. Does anyone have experience with this scenario?

Thanks!
Are you talking about being designated the employee's "registered companion" for non-revenue, standby travel? If so, I believe that the only benefit to this over other pass travelers is that you get a somewhat higher priority when there are not enough available seats to accommodate all pass travelers standing by for a flight.

If that's what you're asking about, you might wish to alert a Moderator, and request that this thread be incorporated into the existing thread about NRSA pass travel; your inquiry is likely to get more -- and more-informed -- responses there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.