Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2015, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
AAdvantage eShoppping by Cartera Commerce
Using, earning miles, problems, etc. (Consolidated thread)

American Airlines is not the contact for Cartera / AAdvantage eShopping .

AAdvantage eShopping FAQs and an e-contact form can be found via the "Contact Us" link at the bottom left corner of the home page.

If you have trouble getting purchases to track, there's also a browser extension to help.

Cartera website: http://www.cartera.com

Cartera Commerce, Inc.
One Cranberry Hill
Lexington, Massachusetts 02421

Tel. (781) 541-6800 Fax: (781) 541-6801

For general inquiries, please contact [email protected] or 888.456.6255
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST (Please do not alter contents following)

This thread is the sole thread to address issues with AAdvantage eShopping (operated by Cartera Commerce). Other queries or complaints will invariably end up merged into this thread. All posts must comply with FlyerTalk Guidelines and Rules / TOS, or may be summarily deleted or edited by moderators.

A related article, highlighting an interview of Cartera Commerce CEO Tom Bercher, is "Secrets of Cartera Commerce Revealed: Inside the Company that Brings You Miles for Online Shopping" by Gary Leff on March 3, 2014. Link.

As described in this thread, AAdvantage Shopping now offers a downloadable button installable on your desktop (not mobile) device to facilitate e-shopping. Link.

Older posts may be read at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...or-consol.html

Notes about Giftcards.com:
  • A separate thread exists for discussing Giftcards.com and likely has more data points than this generic thread.
  • Purchases from giftcards.com earn miles on the first $2,000 spent in the named calendar month, meaning for example between March 1st and March 31st. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • Giftcards.com has had various limits over the years, and it was always by calendar month.
  • Some data points show the $2,000 monthly limit is not always enforced. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • In 2022, larger orders track more slowly, and you may need to wait a full month to see miles. Strong advice from the thread is to make multiple small purchases (say under $300) rather than large ones to avoid the dreaded "manual review"
(Copied from the LP thread wiki): Once you click through the AAdvantage eShopping portal to a vendor offer and make a purchase, you will eventually get the associated miles posted to your AAdvantage account as both redeemable miles and Loyalty Points. If the merchant advertises an increase in the miles per dollar spent, you'll earn the higher amount in both redeemable miles and an equal number of Loyalty Points. The same applies if a merchant advertises a higher fixed amount per purchase, rather than a per dollar amount. Examples of this would appear on the portal as, "Extra miles. Was 1 mile/$. Now earn 3 miles/$" or "Extra miles. Was up to 3700 miles. Now up to 6200 miles." However, if the website advertises a "Limited-time bonus offer" for "bonus miles" after meeting a spending threshold, that bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points. If a bonus is offered for some site-wide activity such as 1000 miles for installing an extension, or 500 miles for enrolling in the portal, or 2000 miles for meeting a spending threshold across multiple merchants, the bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points.

Some anti-virus software silently blocks tracking, and you may want to consider disabling it for your purchase.
Print Wikipost

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues (archive)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2022, 2:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP, DL PM, AS 100k (fake), B6 M3 (fake), BA Gold (fake), UA FO.
Originally Posted by Mr. BoH
For Marriott specifically, click on the rate details - it should either say "Commissionable Rate" or "Non-commissionable rate". This should (in theory) determine whether Cartera gets paid, which should track to whether you earn points.
This is very helpful. Checked my current reservations; they should all be eligible. For those considering booking with the biz cardmember rate, note that it does NOT appear to be eligible.

I should also note for anyone else interested in this, the Commissionable/Non-commissionable rate designation didn't appear for me on the Android app, but did appear on Marriott.com.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 3:10 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond, UA Silver
I've booked several Marriott 1 night stays through the AAdvantage Portal over the past 2 weeks (only 1 LP per $). None have posted, although it annoyingly does say points post 90 days after checkout. More than anything I was curious how these bookings worked, because I really don't want to do prepaid stays through the other AA affiliated portals.

With the new 4 per $1 deal, I was going to go ahead and book another longer and expensive stay for next week. Am I correct in assuming that in addition to the 4x LP points, I'll still receive the Bonvoy points I would normally earn?
Old Jul 21, 2022, 3:34 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by Rhomboid
I would like to say something about Motley Fool.
1. It's a great deal and you get 7400 LP easily and fast (mine within 3 days)
2. You can turn off auto-renewal easily
3. You can stop those many emails easily
4. It actually gives solid advice, but be mindful that it's almost like an amplifier. When NSADAQ gained 2% a day, my position can gain 6% a day. With recent downturn, while NASDAQ lose 5% a day, mine went down 10%. So use it at your own risk.

Its been 65 days now and I still don’t have any LPs posted.

Waiting for them to fix this….
LowValueCustomer likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 11:58 pm

1.Logging out an ANY shopping portal is super important. Especially ones operated by the same company! United shopping, skymiles shopping etc etc
2.You need to clear cookies and cache every so often. Not daily, but its very important

I was someone who had alot not post in the past, but i also use alot of other portals. Now i always make sure im fully logged out of the other airline portals. Since following this i have a 100% posting success rate. I know its the the other shopping portals that make it not report correctly. I think most or all of peoples problems can be solved by these. Also you need an up to date browser but that should be common sense
mwood19004 likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 9:48 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by LowValueCustomer
With respect to Marriott, does anyone have a sense for which rates, specifically, are excluded? The language I'm concerned about is "Rooms offered at specially negotiated rates for Marriott Bonvoy™ members (e.g. Marriott Bonvoy™ offer discount, Marriott Bonvoy™ offer package), with the exception of Marriott Bonvoy™ Member rates are not eligible." What does that mean? Are the new biz credit cardholder rates ineligible? Rates offered to those with elite status? Very frustrating that this isn't more predictable/reliable..
If you're waiting for Bonvoy stays booked via AAdvantage eShopping to post, it might not even be a rate issue. I've only had roughly half of my stays post automatically (even when they seemingly track on the eShopping site). This is a far lower percentage than almost all my other eShopping purchases. To eShopping's credit, they have been able to manually confirm and add every missing Bonvoy credit that I've submitted, but they won't consider the request until exactly 3 months after the stay is completed. YMMV.

-FlyerBeek
nk15 likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 10:38 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by LowValueCustomer
Rates offered to those with elite status?
Marriott has special rates for those with status?

Originally Posted by Cooper21
Am I correct in assuming that in addition to the 4x LP points, I'll still receive the Bonvoy points I would normally earn?
Yes, you still get the Marriott points you would normally receive when booking through their website.
nk15 likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 10:48 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by econ
Marriott has special rates for those with status?
I assume the poster is referring to the Bonvoy Member rates (not specific for elite members, but available to any Bonvoy member) . Fortunately, these rates are specifically included as qualifying for AAdvantage eShopping credit.

-FlyerBeek
Old Jul 22, 2022, 11:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP, DL PM, AS 100k (fake), B6 M3 (fake), BA Gold (fake), UA FO.
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
I assume the poster is referring to the Bonvoy Member rates (not specific for elite members, but available to any Bonvoy member) . Fortunately, these rates are specifically included as qualifying for AAdvantage eShopping credit.

-FlyerBeek
Ha surprisingly, no - I've only seen this on rare occasions, but check for example The Madison in DC while logged in (assuming elite status) - I was able to find an elite rate that saved a solid 5+ percent off a stay from Aug 10-15 (though I've since cancelled that one).
econ likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
I had a purchase that did not post and I have to say I am impressed with the portal's response, they credit it 3-5 days after I contacted them.
LowValueCustomer likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Giftcards.com has sent out a feeback/testing invite...If you participate, you know what to say, right? About the things we want and like? I hope I don't need to coach you what to say..This is our bread and butter to get status, please don't mess it up....
Old Jul 22, 2022, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nk15
Giftcards.com has sent out a feeback/testing invite...If you participate, you know what to say, right? About the things we want and like? I hope I don't need to coach you what to say..This is our bread and butter to get status, please don't mess it up....
This seems to be mostly about the website, not the products offered.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
This seems to be mostly about the website, not the products offered.
It doesn't matter, for example, if they ask you what do you like most about the site, you answer "that it offers 3 AA miles per $ spent on aashopping portal." How can the site best improve?" "Offer 4 miles per $", and so on...

Think of Flo from Progressive, lol....
TimeToDive likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nk15
It doesn't matter, for example, if they ask you what do you like most about the site, you answer "that it offers 3 AA miles per $ spent on aashopping portal." How can the site best improve?" "Offer 4 miles per $", and so on...

Think of Flo from Progressive, lol....
Yeah, sorry, that's a terrible idea
Old Jul 23, 2022, 10:00 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by 355F1
Its been 65 days now and I still don’t have any LPs posted.

Waiting for them to fix this….
My 7,400 LPs finally posted...
murphy and LowValueCustomer like this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 1:18 pm

Is it possible to get an offer multiple times and earn the miles? Say for example Hello Fresh (using a different email account). I could have sworn most of the terms and conditions stated one offer per Advantage account (or something similar to that effect), but not seeing that listed anymore. Unless I imagined it all which is possible lol.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.