Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Concierge Key AA Premium Service

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2010, 7:11 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by RChavez
Thanks. Yeah, I'm not surprised. Like I said, during IRROPS, they would just pull the flight list with the code to list only AC members.
But which lists would they pull? Surely not all delayed/cancelled flights anywhere? Perhaps just those to or from the AC location?
Old Feb 8, 2010, 11:41 am
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by anabolism
But which lists would they pull? Surely not all delayed/cancelled flights anywhere? Perhaps just those to or from the AC location?
Well, you generally view the pax lists by flight. And they would know which flights are experiencing IRROPS. Alternatively, I can't remember for sure, but there is an entry to list the flights departing from a station, but I don't think you can pull passenger lists that way.

Then again, CK and Premium Services must have a way of pulling the list of CKs passing through a station, so maybe there is a way to pull the similar list for AC members. But I'm not 100% sure.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by RChavez
Well, you generally view the pax lists by flight. And they would know which flights are experiencing IRROPS. Alternatively, I can't remember for sure, but there is an entry to list the flights departing from a station, but I don't think you can pull passenger lists that way.
So they would pull the pax lists for all flights experiencing IRROPS and scan for AC members and then proactively assist them?
Old Feb 8, 2010, 1:11 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by anabolism
So they would pull the pax lists for all flights experiencing IRROPS and scan for AC members and then proactively assist them?
Yes - except they tend to do it on a flight by flight basis as time permits.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 3:31 pm

Programs: Concierge Key, EXP, Gold Hilton, Titanium Elite Marriott
Going back to the Concierge Key perks:

-I had never been able to get a MIA-BOS upgrade confirmed until 24 hours before the flight and sometimes almost at departure time, but now I get confirmed at the 100 hours prior. (I am also EXP)
- I had a connection with a 4 hour lay over. The CK rep was waiting for me at the door of the plane to take me to the AC lounge. I mentioned that i had become aware of an earlier flight which was departing in 40 minutes. She took me to that gate, got behind the counter and printed me a boarding pass on First. (Under "normal" -non CK status- circumstances, I would have had to ask the agent for the change, she would have placed me on stand by, and then called me after most people had boarded)

So I guess, this is a good start. Bing article is hilarious btw.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 10:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Would anyone mind posting a picture of his/her card? (with the private info redacted of course)
Old Feb 11, 2010, 3:57 pm

Programs: AA (LT Plat, ex-ConciergeKey), SPG (Plat), DL (Diamond), Marquis Jet Card
I got a package from AA with Concierge Key a few months ago, thought it was just marketing junk and tossed it.

I needed to change my flight schedule while traveling last week and when I called the AA Gold number, the agent told me "You are CK, our best service, you should call them". I sort of shrugged as I had no idea what she was talking about and said ok, what is the number, and called them.

Can any CK members tell me if there was anything useful in the welcome package? Should I call and ask for another one?

ps: I am AA Gold (1MM) and have never been EXP and rarely PLT, not sure why they offered it to me. Though I go back to 1981 and have an all-numeral AA number I am proud of. :-)
Old Feb 12, 2010, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by modern
elcome package? Should I call and ask for another one?
Maybe a card, with the phone number
Old Feb 12, 2010, 7:13 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
I have been a member since May 1981 too and have been TOP before Platinum then EXP when they started that. I'm curious about CK, but I've never been offered anything like that, maybe because I do my best to keep their yield down, but still requalify for EXP every year. I did have Swissair Travel Club in 1970's when they met me at ever plane, carried and placed my onboard baggage for me, then brought me to the gate at the last minute. They also cleared all flights everywhere and were great support in then-difficult places like PEK (remember 1978, that one). If CK is anything like the old Swissair Travel Club I'd pay for it happily and begin flying more with AA, which would bring me to about 250,000 or so flight miles per year. Anybody know if CK is actually worth it?
Old Feb 12, 2010, 7:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVPGold, DL Gold Medallion, Avis Presidential, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jbcarioca
If CK is anything like the old Swissair Travel Club I'd pay for it happily and begin flying more with AA, which would bring me to about 250,000 or so flight miles per year. Anybody know if CK is actually worth it?
CK isn't "worth" anything, since you can't buy it.

Even if you'd like to "pay for it happily," you cannot. AA has to decide you're worthy of CK and bestow a membership upon you. That's it. If you switched all your 250,000 miles/year flying to AA, there's no way of knowing whether AA would make you CK. AA assigns CK memberships based on their own formula. (To get a sense of what kind of flying/purchasing habits might make you eligible, browse this thread.)
Old Feb 12, 2010, 11:01 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.5 MM, AA Concierge Key
I got a package from AA with Concierge Key a few months ago, thought it was just marketing junk and tossed it.

I needed to change my flight schedule while traveling last week and when I called the AA Gold number, the agent told me "You are CK, our best service, you should call them". I sort of shrugged as I had no idea what she was talking about and said ok, what is the number, and called them.

Can any CK members tell me if there was anything useful in the welcome package? Should I call and ask for another one?

ps: I am AA Gold (1MM) and have never been EXP and rarely PLT, not sure why they offered it to me. Though I go back to 1981 and have an all-numeral AA number I am proud of. :-)
The package is really just a vehicle for the card. There's a form letter telling you that you've been selected and then a brochure that unfolds to reveal your card. The card is what you want to get your hands on, although there is a little useful info in the brochure (e.g. a list of airports with CK staff). Just call the CK desk at 1-888-847-7291 (you'll have to give you AAdvantage number to get to an agent) and they should be able to get you a new card. (Or you could just wait. I got the package three times when I was first given membership - perhaps that glitch will repeat ).
Old Feb 22, 2010, 3:07 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton
Through a friend of a friend, just ran across another CK member who is also a lowly Gold. However this individual is a CFO of a Fortune 500 company, and his employment contract allows him to travel in the highest class of service offered on a given flight. He also has an original AAdvantage number.

Apparently, the CK desk is located at the Raleigh call center and staffed by dedicated EXP agents. During overnight hours when Raleigh is closed, the Dallas call center fields the calls.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by Travailen
More importantly, if IRROPs occur overnight or while I am abroad, or if I am unaware of the situation, I am still protected and proactively cared for...not the case with EXP desk or AC AAngels (don't get me wrong...both are great, but CK does have a demonstrable value above and beyond these programs.) Indeed, a day or two prior to my departure, CK desk is already monitoring my flights and itinerary, and if troubles arise, they act to contact me, remedy these, or provide me with options -- that is priceless.
I am not discounting the benefits of CK, but having never had it, I have still found that I have been protected and proactively cared for upon encountering IRROPs.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
I noticed a likely CK passenger being tended to at an ORD gate a couple of weeks ago, He seemed a bit embarrassed by the way the CK agent was fussing over him (apparently he walked to the gate, and the agent came to the gate to see him off). She walked him onto the plane about two minutes before F boarding was announced (just ahead of me, actually).
Old Mar 3, 2010, 9:58 pm

Programs: Concierge Key, EXP, Gold Hilton, Titanium Elite Marriott
CK service is another reason why AA can count on my loyalty, even more, from now on

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.