Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: oneworld / Explorer Awards Using AA Miles info

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2010, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by swdke
How does this tool compare to Expertflyer?
you might want to start a comparison and contrast thread for that. there is really no short answer.

KVS plans and charges are here: http://www.kvstool.com/MembershipLev...?Source=HOME-L
Old Apr 24, 2010, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by swdke
There's a fee for the KVS tool? How does this tool compare to Expertflyer?
The major difference for AA is that EF has AA upgrade inventory (miles & sticker) as well as awards, plus inventory alerting services.
Old May 1, 2010, 11:32 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
OneWorld or All-Partner?

deleted

Last edited by anabolism; May 2, 2010 at 6:27 pm
Old May 10, 2010, 9:47 am

Programs: AA Gold
Online Tool to book OW Awards?

Hi all...new to posting on FT.

I'm booking an award on AA/OW...LGA-SJ0-SJD-LGA. Is there any way I can avoid an "phone service fee" by booking online, or anywhere else?

Thanks in advance
Old May 10, 2010, 9:57 am

Programs: AA 1.5 MM Exec Plat, WN A-List, DL Silver, UA nonrev
Originally Posted by bigdany24

I'm booking an award on AA/OW...LGA-SJ0-SJD-LGA. Is there any way I can avoid an "phone service fee" by booking online, or anywhere else?

Thanks in advance
Welcome to FT, bigdany24!

Unfortunately, not at this time. You have to call to book a oneworld award.
Old May 10, 2010, 10:22 am

Programs: AA Gold
Thanks miamigrad...appreciate the help. Just looking to avoid the "phone booking fee"
Old May 10, 2010, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.591 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Originally Posted by miamigrad
Originally Posted by bigdany24

Thanks in advance
Welcome to FT, bigdany24!

Unfortunately, not at this time. You have to call to book a oneworld award.
Also, this routing wouldn't allow you to have 2 non aa airlines so it can't be a Oneworld award. Still have to call to book though.
Old May 14, 2010, 12:30 pm

Programs: AA MM Gold Hilton HHonors
One World Award Change incurrs additional $135 in taxes.

Currently holding OneWorld awards Lit-ORD-Mad-Jnb. The Lit-Ord connection allows 1 hr 20 minutes. Lit flights can often run late, or get canceled. I called to change to an earlier flight, allowing several hours layover in Ord. The AA agent said each of the award tickets would cost $135 in additional taxes if we do this. Still can't decide what to do. I thought you could make time and date changes on Oneworld awards without fees, as long as the stops were the same. Has this changed? Thanks ahead of time for any information.
Old May 14, 2010, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA 1.5 MM Exec Plat, WN A-List, DL Silver, UA nonrev
Originally Posted by pgmrldy
Currently holding OneWorld awards Lit-ORD-Mad-Jnb. The Lit-Ord connection allows 1 hr 20 minutes. Lit flights can often run late, or get canceled. I called to change to an earlier flight, allowing several hours layover in Ord. The AA agent said each of the award tickets would cost $135 in additional taxes if we do this. Still can't decide what to do. I thought you could make time and date changes on Oneworld awards without fees, as long as the stops were the same. Has this changed? Thanks ahead of time for any information.
No, that has not changed. Changes in taxes are not the same in changes in fees. Tax calculations are not static.
Old May 14, 2010, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, 2.15 million miles; Priority Club PLT
can you try to save the $270 and show up at LIT early enough to try stand-by on the prior flight?
Old May 14, 2010, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, SWA A-list +
You have to pay $135 more in taxes to fly on an earlier flight from LIT - ORD? Something doesnt seem right. I would call back and see if another agent gives you a different answer.
Old May 14, 2010, 1:46 pm

If it's any consolation, and I'm sure it's not, I've made flight changes on award reservations that resulted in tax changes in my favor and credits back to my credit card. So I do believe that tax calculations operate somewhat independently of flight schedules.
Old May 17, 2010, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA MM Gold Hilton HHonors
Thanks to the fellow flyertalkers who tried to help. I did call AA back twice, getting a very patient agent the second call, who redid the ticket and commented she did not know what the strange taxes were that showed up; she had someone help her, and got rid of the new taxes, exchanging the old tickets for the new ones. Why we love AA most of the time.
Old May 19, 2010, 11:04 am

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by pgmrldy
I did call AA back twice, getting a very patient agent the second call, who redid the ticket and commented she did not know what the strange taxes were that showed up; she had someone help her, and got rid of the new taxes, exchanging the old tickets for the new ones. Why we love AA most of the time.
^^
Old May 27, 2010, 6:19 am

Programs: AA Plat, BA, DL MM, NH, UA, IHG Plat
I've booked my first one-world award and think it is a great value, but also think I can make it even better but would appreciate confirmation from the posters here.

I've reserved:

IAD-DFW-NRT-HKG-MEL-xHKG-LHR-JFK-DCA

This puts me in the 25k-35k award category (F award 280k miles), but just over 25k, so I have the possibility to add flights to my trip without having to spend more miles. As far as I can tell from reading this thread, I can revise the end of my trip to add 2 more transatlantic crossings without spending more miles, e.g.:

IAD-DFW-NRT-HKG-MEL-xHKG-LHR-BOS-CDG-JFK

Is this correct? Thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.